Koh Larn Island

Pdavies99

Hi there

I used to day visit Koh Larn Island many years ago but stopped because of the hordes of Chinese etc.

What's it like at the moment?  Is it packed?

Which is the best quieter beach and how much should I pay for beach chairs etc?

Any advice, thanks.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Sir start saving up.....This trip will set you back 60 baht RT......I don't know who can afford to spend 60 baht these days...

Some people want to plan their day and not waste time in overcrowded ships and being pushed around by the hordes.

If it's just try and error you don't need a forum/reports.

I can't contribute from experience but from what vloggers etc. report.

Don't expect it to be quiet at the weekends.

During the week it seems bearable.

21 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

I used to day visit Koh Larn Island many years ago but stopped because of the hordes of Chinese etc.

I was there the last time about 25 years ago.

They just started to build a street to the "last" beach. We got there with motorcycle taxis and for the whole day we saw maybe 5 other visitors. It was beautiful and kind of paradise, especially considering that it was only maybe 1h away from Pattaya.

I never bothered to go there again. I am sure paradise is gone. And I don't want to go there and think about how beautiful it once was and it will never be the same again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pmbkk said:

I was thinking the same as we're in Pattaya at the moment,

I was hoping it would be quieter too. We'll just grin and bear it in one day in the next few weeks.

Please let me know etc. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Pdavies99 said:

So no real update etc, re best beach, prices, etc?

Note I wanted updates from recently if possible, not the history of Chinese refugees!

Thanks again.

You were given a recent update. You must've missed my post - "It is still packed. Don't bother going."

Just continue to get the ferry and go to the main beach. I know where the best place to go is but sorry I am not posting it publicly because I want to keep it the way it is.

Edited by jimn

We went there a few months back. Parking is a hassle, took a speed boat for the 3 of us. Once there I expected to see wins and songtaews lined up, nope, none in sight. Ended up renting a MB for 300 thb. Went to Samae beach, very nice, 50 thb chairs were nice loungers and not the cloth type. Going back we hired a win to lessen the load going up the steep hill leaving the beach, as I don't think our MB could handle 3 of us.

For us it's too much hassle getting there to be worth it as we have equally nice beaches near us we can drive to. But for tourists who want the nice beach experience it would be worth getting a room for a few days there.

Screenshot_2022-12-04-07-37-33-80.thumb.jpg.14f0950ba77440ead0147e6362042c0c.jpg

55 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

For us it's too much hassle getting there to be worth 

We took one of the ferry boats to Samae beach. It moored just offshore and then take shoreboat to beach. Shop around. This might have been one of the Russian ferries 

8 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

We went there a few months back. Parking is a hassle, took a speed boat for the 3 of us. Once there I expected to see wins and songtaews lined up, nope, none in sight. Ended up renting a MB for 300 thb.

You got ripped off. 200 baht to rent a motorbike is standard.

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:03 AM, pomchop said:

went few weeks back on weekday mid morning....not at all crowded....samae beach was pleasantly uncrowded...chair was 50 baht..best to avoid holidays as it is popular with the Thais....

Thanks for some actual info.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:21 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I was there the last time about 25 years ago.

They just started to build a street to the "last" beach. We got there with motorcycle taxis and for the whole day we saw maybe 5 other visitors. It was beautiful and kind of paradise, especially considering that it was only maybe 1h away from Pattaya.

I never bothered to go there again. I am sure paradise is gone. And I don't want to go there and think about how beautiful it once was and it will never be the same again.

Last time I went it was horrible, but that was when the horde was in Pattaya. Without them it's probably OK now.

I took the ferry directly to/ from the beach, so didn't need to take a vehicle to get there.