Get vaccinated! Six Covid dead in a day in ONE Korat hospital - tragic scenes all over again

webfact

13 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Congratulations on managing to find an age bracket, country and quarter to fit your view.

More seriously though, again, the fact that the unvaccinated do not constitute the majority of Covid deaths is a fact.

image.png.7a0ffcba9460f56cb8de1642bee016ed.png

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/why-do-vaccinated-people-represent-most-covid-19-deaths-right-now/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/23/vaccinated-people-now-make-up-majority-covid-deaths/

COVID No Longer 'Pandemic of the Unvaccinated'

yes, my 2 dead friends agree with you 

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, peter zwart said:

RIP to all. But vaccination wont give any guarantee. Especially now that it has become apparent that more vaccinated people die as a result of C than non-vaccinated people. 

Pure and complete fantasy.

Please feel free to back up your nonsense with hard facts and respected links

• Like 1

I have a few relatives who refused to get vaccinated, and now they are mad that if they go to the USA for a visit,                                                              they will have to quarantine. I have told them to grow up and get a jab or two. I also have had four relatives who died from COVID,                                       before the vaccines were available. their younger wives survived with long COVID, and were even in the hospital on oxygen

for a while. It is a good thing that the latest variants are not as deadly as the first three Alpha Beta and Delta strains

or more people would still be dying. In my opinion, the side effects of vaccines are better than dying.

18 hours ago, Heng said:

Not an anti-vaxxer, but I think I'm going to stick with my 4 jabs over the past 2 years.    No more for my kids either (2 jabs each).   

so 2 shots covers for life time, that's a good vaccine

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Credo said:

Acute Covid infections are not a long term condition.  People don't die 'with' Covid.  People do die from complications of Covid, but it either kills you or you recover.  It's quite disingenuous to try to somehow conflate the situation with other diseases and conditions.  

Covid can exacerbate some other conditions (as can the flu) but that doesn't mean it killed you; it just means you are in poor health. If someone has stage 4 cancer and dies with Covid, do we say they died from Covid? If someone dies from old age and they happen to have Covid, what did they die from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Friend tested Positive last Tuesday mouth saliva test..

He went to the Hospital and took another test = Negative

Dr said before testing brush teeth + use mouthwash, take your med's wait 30 mins then test... to many people are testing positive because of old germs in mouth giving false readings.

He has tested every day since all Negative..  something I did not know - [only use for years C 20 Antiseptic Mouth Wash]

Just now, cmsally said:

Covid can exacerbate some other conditions (as can the flu) but that doesn't mean it killed you; it just means you are in poor health. If someone has stage 4 cancer and dies with Covid, do we say they died from Covid? If someone dies from old age and they happen to have Covid, what did they die from?

It doesn't???... And yet in an non-exacerbated condition (your words), that person, or persons, very likely would have lived! If a person had Covid when they die, report that as a fact. Not to consider that person's Covid status is a seemingly deliberate ploy to mask infection levels. 

People don't generally die of 'old age', if they had symptomatic Covid, I would certainly believe it correct to assign it to Covid. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Most of those falling sick have not been vaxxed or who have only had a couple of shots

So how many shots should I get if I want to be safe? 3, 4, 5?

Please be precise in your answer because it's a matter of life and death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

According to CDC, people ages 12 and older who have had a bivalent booster shot have a 15 times lower risk of death than an unvaccinated person.

7 hours ago, Credo said:

Here's a little chart to show how the unvaccinated are faring.  Note the red line at the top, those are the unvaxxed:

image.thumb.png.c95a9acf376485cdbcaf0fc0ebbb8c53.png

It all sounds so scary - if you're not vaccinated or not properly boosted, your risk of death is so much higher! 15 times higher if you're unvaccinated, say the CDC.

But it's not 15% chance of dying, it's less than 0.005% (5/100,000). And if you've been vaccinated, without booster, it's little different from having been vaccinated up the yin yang.

I really don't understand why so many people are, apparently, still so focused on all the doom and gloom.

image.thumb.jpeg.a7a2ed79303ab7467bc31068ee8f56a7.jpeg

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

4 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

It all sounds so scary - if you're not vaccinated or not properly boosted, your risk of death is so much higher! 15 times higher if you're unvaccinated, say the CDC.

But it's not 15% chance of dying, it's less than 0.005% (5/100,000). And if you've been vaccinated, without booster, it's little different from having been vaccinated up the yin yang.

I really don't understand why so many people are, apparently, still so focused on all the doom and gloom.

image.thumb.jpeg.a7a2ed79303ab7467bc31068ee8f56a7.jpeg

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

Doom and gloom gets readers, clicks and attention!  Always has and always will.  People not dying isn't news.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cmsally said:

The reason that a medical examiner reviews these cases is to determine a cause of death.  If you are hit by a car crossing the street to get to a hospital, you will not be listed as a Covid death and you won't be recorded as 'dying with Covid.'  It gets a little murkier when there are serious comorbidities, so an autopsy and histological examinations are necessary.  In one instance in which nine subjects from two different nursing homes  included patients who presumably died from CO poisoning due to a heating system malfunction. All subjects tested positive for COVID-19 both ante- and post-mortem and were examined using post-mortem computed tomography prior to autopsy. COVID-19 was determined to be a contributing cause in the deaths of four out of nine subjects (death due to COVID-19; i.e., pneumonia and sudden cardiac death). In the other five cases, for which CO poisoning was identified as the cause of death, the infection presumably had no role in exitus (death with COVID-19). 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8393539/

17 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Vaccination status of said people?

Irrelevant, if you die your dead.

No one has ever said vaccination will prevent you dying, it is only one of the precautions that can be taken to reduce the risk to yourself and others.

Prevention has always been better than cure.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Irrelevant, if you die your dead.

No one has ever said vaccination will prevent you dying, it is only one of the precautions that can be taken to reduce the risk to yourself and others.

Prevention has always been better than cure.

Funny because it sure was relevant a year ago when the wordlwide motto was "the unvaxxed are clogging up hospitals". Now that this BS can't be sustained anymore, it conveniently becomes "irrelevant" (that might explain why countries such as France stopped reporting on the vaccination status of hospitalized patients several months ago).

Quite a handy concept that, adjustable relevance.

It would be comical if it weren't so tragic.

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cmsally said:

YLL (years of life lost) is the measurement.

If your cancer patient had a 12 month life expectancy but died due to Covid complications in month 1 of that period - then 11 months of life has been lost due to Covid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You can acknowledge there has been a rise in deaths from covid at the hospital where my niece works, or you can choose to try and rubbish the information.

Entirely up to you, but quite irrelevant.

HE is quite irrelevant Sandy, and is already on my ignore list.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You can acknowledge there has been a rise in deaths from covid at the hospital where my niece works, or you can choose to try and rubbish the information.

Entirely up to you, but quite irrelevant.

I acknowledge your statement that there has been a rise in deaths from Covid at the hospital where your niece works. It makes total sense as I am also seeing a lot of people geting Covid these days, more or less severely. They all have one thing in common: they took as many of the "safe and effective" jabs as they were told to.

I fully appreciate that this is an uncomfortable fact, but as uncomfortable as it is, it's there.

Now what rational minds do when they become aware of new information/facts is they acknowledge them, i.e. they adopt a stance such as "Oh good point, I was actually wrong about that…", or "turns out it wasn't quite what we thought…" etc. and adjust their view.

Otherwise it's just plain denial.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1