Where can I get a mouth guard made to help with nightly teeth grinding ?

how241

I've been having a problem with my teeth grinding at night. I want to get a mouth guard made but my dentist doesn't handle that. Does anyone know a dentist who will make a mouth guard ?  I know there are many very good Pattaya dentists but I am specifically looking for a dentist who will make me a mouth guard.  Thanks for any info.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The boxing stadium or Muay Thai supplies?

I would expect Ali Express to have them... no end of strange things they stock if their pestering promotional emails are anything to go by. 

He's not looking for a mouth guard.

However, I used one for a while till I could get the proper thing.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, how241 said:

I've been having a problem with my teeth grinding at night. I want to get a mouth guard

I had the same problem for a long time.

The solution was my gf. Cuddle and relax.

The grinding of your teeth wouldn't happen if you would relax.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He's not looking for a mouth guard.

However, I used one for a while till I could get the proper thing.

I tried to edit that but the wifi went down.

Despite the title, the OP is talking about a night guard, which is made to fit the teeth perfectly and involves a dentist and technician.

A mouth guard as mentioned in another reply is something used in sports and is bought from sporting stores.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Since your application is not critical, get one posted over that you drop in boiling water and then apply, then trim the length with a knife. 

I have tried that a few times but could never get one to fit properly.  I found it impossible to sleep with those mouth guards.  I ordered one from the Pattaya/Bangkok hospital for 4300 baht.  It will be ready for pick up in 1 week. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I know that you asked for Pattaya,  but Thantakit in Bangkok made me a mouthguard for muay thai a few years ago. Took a mould of my teeth.

Could probably do something similar for your specific needs.

Just google Thantakit dental.

They made a mold of my teeth.   I ordered one from the Pattaya/Bangkok hospital for 4300 baht.  It will be ready for pick up in 1 week.  It costs a lot but hopefully it works well.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 10:29 PM, how241 said:

They made a mold of my teeth.   I ordered one from the Pattaya/Bangkok hospital for 4300 baht.  It will be ready for pick up in 1 week.  It costs a lot but hopefully it works well.

I've had my present one ( made in Chiang Mai ) for about 5 years and works well. Would feel wrong going to sleep without it.

Had one since about 1988

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 9:29 AM, how241 said:

Good move. Price is a little high but for that you'll get good service and if any problems with fitting you should have come back to get them to make another. 

I have been using the silicone/rubber nightguards for over 25 years. Used to get them made in the UK but for a long time have been getting new ones from my local dentist in Bangkok (about 2,500 Baht IIRC).  

Grinding teeth is a bigger problem that many realise, 1) it wears enamel 2) and worse, as in my case, it caused hairline cracks in a number of my molars. This led to infections in one and I was too late getting treatment so had to have it extracted and an implant fitted.

Hope your solution works well - which it should.

• Like 1