Smoking weed maybe more dangerous than you think !

Social Media

3 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I don't have the link, but I recently watched a video by a neuroscientist.

And he claimed that people's brains are not fully developed until the age of 25.

So chronic smoking of weed before the age of 25 specifically increases the risk of serious mental health issues later in life (bipolar, schizophrenia).

It is for sure not healthy. But alcohol is not healthy too. It's a toxin that affects every cell in your body. And then the nicotine and other chemicals when you smoke cigarettes. 

1 minute ago, Mickeymaus said:

It is for sure not healthy. But alcohol is not healthy too. It's a toxin that affects every cell in your body. And then the nicotine and other chemicals when you smoke cigarettes. 

yeah, alcohol ... the same neuroscientist who did that podcast on weed also did a podcast on alcohol and it was scary.

alcohol has been normalized in society, but it's quite harmful.

when you're drunk, it's because your brain is starved of glucose. scary, no? 

recent studies show that drinking even 2-3 times a week can increase risk of cancer.

good luck quitting if you've been drinking your whole life.

• Like 1

Can it get more dangerous than the possibility of respiratory or heart/circulatory disease ?

You know the risk, you roll the dice, is it a hobby or a lifestyle?

Will it be the cause, a contributory cause or no cause at all, of your demise ?

Edited by KhunLA

7 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Exposure to second-hand smoke (SHS) comprises the main risk factor for nonsmokers to develop COPD/emphysema.

Probably why smoking in public is illegal and most civilizations.

sounds like a whole lot of maybe and could be. 

there is so much more to it then this little video makes it out to be. what about the different kinds of smoke ? i could go on with so many points but i gotta go smoke a joint. 

ps......of all my friends etc growing up.... i dont know a single one that has developed emphysema. there should be a few considering 75 % right.

i smoked cigarettes for 20 years and quit. had a smokers cough and it went away. been high for 30 years and have no such cough in any way. in fact since stopping smoking my lung capacity has gone up drastically......all while smoking an absurd amount of cannabis.

hogwash this whole thing. come back when you want to have a serious discussion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

I don't have the link, but I recently watched a video by a neuroscientist.

And he claimed that people's brains are not fully developed until the age of 25.

So chronic smoking of weed before the age of 25 specifically increases the risk of serious mental health issues later in life (bipolar, schizophrenia).

I have an ex friend that smoked weed regularly long as I knew him ( over 30 years ). Changed from an amazing guy into a sniveling loser.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, alcohol ... the same neuroscientist who did that podcast on weed also did a podcast on alcohol and it was scary.

alcohol has been normalized in society, but it's quite harmful.

when you're drunk, it's because your brain is starved of glucose. scary, no? 

recent studies show that drinking even 2-3 times a week can increase risk of cancer.

Source?  Attribution?  Otherwise the statement is simply something you made up.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have an ex friend that smoked weed regularly long as I knew him ( over 30 years ). Changed from an amazing guy into a sniveling loser.

maybe it was you that changed and saw him in a different light ? maybe he was always a loser.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, stoner said:

maybe it was you that changed and saw him in a different light ? maybe he was always a loser.

Are you saying I'm wrong? Do you have anything to back up that statement?

He was no loser when I met him. He was the man I wanted for a brother. Worked as an editor for big bucks, had a lovely house, a wife and children that loved him.

He lost his job, his wife, his family and his home because he became "unwell" mentally. I blame decades of weed use for that.

He lost me as well when he started screaming abuse at me for no good reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying I'm wrong? Do you have anything to back up that statement?

He was no loser when I met him. He was the man I wanted for a brother. Worked as an editor for big bucks, had a lovely house, a wife and children that loved him.

He lost his job, his wife, his family and his home because he became "unwell" mentally. I blame decades of weed use for that.

He lost me as well when he started screaming abuse at me for no good reason.

do you have anything to back it up other than i blame decades of weed ? what a silly statement with 0 proof or evidence other than your diagnosis.

are you a doctor ? ya didn't think so. 

maybe he became unwell for other reasons you were not privy too.  or again....maybe he wasn't the man you thought he was.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Alcohol is far worse. I smoked ganga alot as a kid. Also did alot of hallucinogenics, speed, and more. I turned out OK. Likely lost some brain cells along the way. But, alcohol kills. And it is not being discussed. 

I started smoking at 14.  Yet managed to graduate at the top of my class in university (graduating class over 2000 students).  If I hadn't smoked pot as a kid, a teenager, and in my 20s, I probably would have been another Einstein.  What a loss.  :sad:

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, stoner said:

do you have anything to back it up other than i blame decades of weed ? what a silly statement with 0 proof or evidence other than your diagnosis.

are you a doctor ? ya didn't think so. 

maybe he became unwell for other reasons you were not privy too.  or again....maybe he wasn't the man you thought he was.

I gave that a laugh as it's laughable. I gave little information about him, yet you extrapolate it to accuse me of knowing nothing about a man I was friends with for over 20 years.

The effects of long term use of weed are quite well known.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-term_effects_of_cannabis

According to the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, there is substantial evidence of a statistical association between cannabis use and the development of schizophrenia or other chronic psychoses, with the highest risk potentially among the most frequent users.

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I gave that a laugh as it's laughable. I gave little information about him, yet you extrapolate it to accuse me of knowing nothing about a man I was friends with for over 20 years.

it really seems you didn't know your friend as well as you think you did though. at no point did i say you know nothing about the man. i simply said maybe you didn't know him quite as well as you thought.

keep on though. 

• Haha 1