Royal Thai Police announce their New Year gifts to the people.....and themselves!

webfact

11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Decent checks at check points coming holidays.. as k for driver license, do alcohol test, check the car lights, black smoke and so on...

Yes absolutely but first they have to comply with all of this themselves in their own cars etc.

sadly we can all be 100% sure that they will not 

I respect Thai cops and Thai culture. About 40 years ago, at Songkran in Chiang Mai, I threw a full bucket of iced water into the cab of a police ute with two cops sitting in it. They laughed and said "Chok dee bpee mai". It could have turned out much worse. I can't imagine getting that reaction in Australia. Or trying my luck again with a stunt like that. 

Edited by ozimoron

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Strongly having money eased from the populations pockets as the RTP finally start to enforce the laws fairly and freely....

How else can they achieve another promise...

5. Solving officers' debt problems.

This "gift" was not further explained.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

No.4. Advocate good driving?  How about getting out and enforcing the road laws? Advocating hasn't stopped the crazy drivers, driving without a licence or insurance, death traps on the road etc.

Why can they do checkpoints for drug checks and crash helmets, but not for driving licences or insurance?

• Like 1