Swedish tourist arrested for wandering on Pattaya Beach with a loaded gun and crystal meth

webfact

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The person doing the profile should be prohibited from race based profiling.

you and i both know that in reality that will never happen. the human factor and ones perception and or views often heavily influence decisions. 

im not arguing that it isnt useful....its often the person(s) abusing it that ends up being the issue.

13 minutes ago, stoner said:

you and i both know that in reality that will never happen. the human factor and ones perception and or views often heavily influence decisions. 

im not arguing that it isnt useful....its often the person(s) abusing it that ends up being the issue.

Rubbish. Race based profiling by police is prohibited in many places.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Rubbish. Race based profiling by police is prohibited in many places.

rubbish what. sure it is prohibited but lets pretend that it stops all occasions. police profile based on race from time to time.  

The real, issue here is he obviously looked like a meth addict, nothing to do with his apparel and accessories.

I was stopped by police in the early 80's in Soi 81 Sukhumvit in Bangkok. In those days it was  swamp with huts on stilts. I was staying with three sisters.

As I walked to Sukhumvit I was wearing a canvas bag which was my habit because I rode a bike back home in those days. I was also very skinny and had long hair. Obviously the summation of my appearance and location alerted to the police to the possibility I was carrying drugs, presumably heroin in those days. They searched me on the spot and sent me on my way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

rubbish what. sure it is prohibited but lets pretend that it stops all occasions. police profile based on race from time to time. 

At least you acknowledge that is is often illegal. It's your own conspiracy theory that the police ignore the rules.

5 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

He doesn't look like such a bad a$$ in this pic.

As other posters have rightly commented, wearing that jacket constitutes a serious offence in itself.

image.thumb.jpeg.7208bb6cce6b6de57ba41f9f54c253f1.jpeg

Credit: Sophon Cable TV

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=601644495304350&set=pcb.601644591971007

As does smoking on the beach.........

10 hours ago, bendejo said:

And here I thought the meth & guns thing was only for Americans and Mexicans.

They are. Therefore the US will be bringing trademark, intellectual property,  and copyright infringement action against the guy. Then he will be hired to portray himself in the movie version of this story

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe Thailand should introduce a rule that guys who look like gangsters are not let in by immigration.

Looking at him, that guy is definitely no quality tourist.

Let's go ahead and just judge everyone by superficial  qualities like looks and dress. That would solve all the world's problems. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

People have no problem labelling everybody with tattoos as criminals, which is ridiculous. Why does this happen?

Nothing wrong with a small tattoo that can be covered, but anyone who covers themselves in them on their arms, legs,  neck and body which should be covered anyway in public, have a very serious brain problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Look around you in Thailand, almost anyone working in the entertainment industry is covered in them, should they be removed from the Kingdom?

Are you suggesting all heavily tattoed people make trouble?

Not necessary, but as I said, they do have a problem with the functioning of their brain.

7 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Not necessary, but as I said, they do have a problem with the functioning of their brain.

What, every single person that is heavily tattooed? 

How do you know this info, or is this just pure speculation? Is everyone with a skinhead a thug? Is everyone that wears a football shirt a hooligan?

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

How do you know this info, or is this just pure speculation? Is everyone with a skinhead a thug? Is everyone that wears a football shirt a hooligan?

Nobody with any sort of brain covers themselves in tattoos, OK I will put it another way. Nobody with any brains deliberately disfigures themselves. Shaving your head is not disfigurement, if you are wearing a football shirt, it can be taken off anytime. I rest my case.

16 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Having tattoos is deliberate disfigurement, anyone who does that has a definite brain problem, shaving your head is not, and neither is wearing a football shirt., so no brain problem.

6 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The looks fake, home made or maybe a conversion from an air pistol or something. I don't think Colt Defenders have ever been made in anything but .45 and 9mm calibers. The Colt Mustang is a .380 version, as was the Colt Pony.  The .380 cartridges are genuine local production though. The barrel looks like it is a mild steel tube with a weird brass knurling on the end, perhaps to prevent the slide from shooting off the gun, if there are no internals to prevent this. Doesn't seem to have a bushing. The magazine looks as if it is home made from sheet metal and is clearly too long for the grips, so it would stick out, presumably to hold more rounds.  Normally a small .380 pistol is intended for concealment and its magazines will only hold 5 or 7 rounds.

Perhaps the "Made in Turkey" on the slide should have been a give away to the cops. In fact it looks the Turkish BB gun or starter's pistol on sale here.  https://biggunbbshop.com/th/articles/180707-kuzey-911-colt-defender-9mm.p.a.k.

Similar Colts available on Lazada https://www.lazada.co.th/products/kuzey-m1911-colts-100-5-i2674594064.html?spm=a2o4m.store_product.list.1.177f42d7RdErrF

I expect the Swedish guy was ripped off and sold this thing which may or may not have been modified to take the .380 cartriges.  Perhaps the scamster found that real .380 bullets would actually fit in the magazine of a starter's type pistol.  The police said he had a loaded gun.  It would interesting to know what would happen, if it was fired.

321805509_485036487068482_8568361236442343568_n.jpg

Based on the outfit, he looks almost like he's cosplaying as a Hollywood bad guy.

Perhaps he's a bit unhinged and simply went to Thailand and thought he could get himself a gun and some drugs, slip on an animal print suit, and suddenly Ocean's 11 was real life.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I had a few Thai ladies before I met my wife, but none of them were for sale, I had never even heard of barfines back then.

So did I, but I never met them in that area in Pattaya. The ones there are hookers. 

• Haha 1