China made EV receives 0 Stars

seedy

The first Electric Vehicle tested by Latin NCAP, the JAC E10x also called e-JS1, E-S1, produced in China and/or assembled in Mexico, achieved zero stars.

The model showed unstable structure and unstable footwell area in the frontal impact with poor protection to driver’s chest, which means a high probability of life-threatening injuries leading to zero points in the frontal crash for adult safety.

https://www.latinncap.com/en/media-area/new/863986dae1e631/latin-ncap-latest-results-disappointing-zero-star-for-first-electric-vehicle-three-stars-for-kia-new-sportage-and-mitsubishi-returns-to-five-stars

JAC is owned 70% by VW

• Thumbs Up 1

????????????  "Thailand Motor Discussion"

It's a 'tinker' car, and performed as I would expect.

POCCO and Wuling Hongguang Mini EV, offer models in that class here.  Very low spec'd, but a tad expensive, or I probably would have bought one for around town locally.  Only 170 kms range, and definitely NEDC.

Wuling being the 2nd BEST selling car in CH.

https://carnewschina.com/2022/09/01/top-10-best-selling-electric-vehicles-in-china-in-july-2022/

https://www.autofun.co.th/news/เทียบสเปคกันชัด-ๆ-pocco-mm-vs-wuling-mini-ev-เจ้าจิ๋วคันไหนครองใจคุณ-37641

image.png.9c97482af0ce628f2d471ddd4badfeb5.png

Edited by KhunLA

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

"Thailand Motor Discussion"

From the Thailand Motor Forum description ...

"all things petrol, diesel and EV"

And - as you are so fond of posting ... your reply is off topic. Discussion is the JAC E10X

31 minutes ago, Celsius said:

But but MG is different.... as good as Honda

I have a good rapport with my mechanic. He had a MG HS on his site, which he kindly allowed me to check out while a minor repair was done on our MU-X.

It looked quite nice, fit and finish was OK, panel gaps not too bad, not too much orange peel.

Interior looked good, but passing your hand over the surfaces showed where cost cutting was performed. No surprise by the price they were selling for.

Long term reliability, parts availability, service department expertise remain an unknown due to their entry into the market in 2013. The car I saw was there almost 3 months waiting for parts.

2019 got 5 Star rating from Euro NCAP

As good as Honda - unknown. Altho' Honda off my list due to their use of CVT

Edited by seedy

22 minutes ago, seedy said:

Long term reliability, parts availability, service department expertise remain an unknown

I can assure you the parts are garbage. My wife has been working for a Japanese supplier here for the past 2 decades. All the parts are from China and they don't pass high speed test rigs. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, seedy said:

The model showed unstable structure and unstable footwell area in the frontal impact with poor protection to driver’s chest, which means a high probability of life-threatening injuries leading to zero points in the frontal crash for adult safety.

Don't buy one then. What a whinge.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1