What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

On 4/16/2023 at 11:01 AM, samtam said:

"Why didn't they ask Evans?", the Hugh Laurie adaptation of Agatha Christie's book. Binge-watched this 3 episode mini series yesterday, but found it to be completely tedious, and looking back on it today, can't recall, (or care) why. Beautiful sets, in rolling Gloucestershire and Welsh countryside, but the editing was quite mad. I know it's supposed to be a mystery, and in that sense it succeeded. It still is. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14829590/

where to get it, been looking on the usual places but only have the older one

Don't know if this is the right forum.  I downloaded 'Ganglands 2' but it must have been in a different format as it won't play on my TV (OK on computer.)  Is there an idiot proof video file changing app I could use?  (preferably free.)

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Don't know if this is the right forum.  I downloaded 'Ganglands 2' but it must have been in a different format as it won't play on my TV (OK on computer.)  Is there an idiot proof video file changing app I could use?  (preferably free.)

I use the free version of "Format Factory" and you select a number of options. Very good.

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Try another dl ..

19 hours ago, mikebell said:

any video converter

I suggest a new aspect of descriptions.

Movies that are better to watch while baked.

Some would say everything but I don't think so.

Recently I mentioned I started to watch Everything Everywhere All at Once and just couldn't get into it. Plus its long 

So I knew I needed to be in a different mood to ever want to watch it

Well, Mary Jane to the rescue. What a wild ride of a movie! Arguably I was actually too baked for it but what's done is done and I won't be watching it again.

So the suggestion here is to mention if you think a show is particularly suited to being baked.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I suggest a new aspect of descriptions.

Movies that are better to watch while baked.

Some would say everything but I don't think so.

Recently I mentioned I started to watch Everything Everywhere All at Once and just couldn't get into it. Plus its long 

So I knew I needed to be in a different mood to ever want to watch it

Well, Mary Jane to the rescue. What a wild ride of a movie! Arguably I was actually too baked for it but what's done is done and I won't be watching it again.

So the suggestion here is to mention if you think a show is particularly suited to being baked.

hmm ... May have to watch the 'Yellow Submarine' again image.png.addb7e07e403be519f95f12fa2d9fcc5.png

Damn Blue Meanies

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No she isn't. 

That's about gender identity rather than sexual orientation. 

I was joking but the scene did seem somewhat gratuitous. It's as if they felt an obligation to introduce some gay sex even though the character had been firmly heterosexual up until that point.

9 minutes ago, jaywalker2 said:

I was joking but the scene did seem somewhat gratuitous. It's as if they felt an obligation to introduce some gay sex even though the character had been firmly heterosexual up until that point.

You're wrong.

It made perfect sense.

I guess it's hard for people that don't understand the Kinsey scale of attraction.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10954600/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_3_nm_5_q_ant

Available on 1337, trending movies section.

It's the real thing not a Cam.

A bit better than Avatar 2, though you may still want to give it a pass.  1 hr less and a bit better storyline, gave it a notch up from really bad, to just bad.

Not worthy of a 'time killer' even when smoggy & hot as HELL outside.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Good Mothers.

Enjoying this one.

TPB with hard-coded subs.

Based on a true story, The Good Mothers recounts the lives of three women who dared to defy the ‘Ndrangheta mafia: Lea Garofalo's daughter Denise, Maria Concetta Cacciola and Giuseppina Pesce. Helping them is the prosecutor Anna Colace, who had an intuition as soon as she arrived in Calabria: to defeat the ‘Ndrangheta clans, she needs to focus on the women. It is a risky strategy, as the ‘Ndrangheta is infamous and feared for its iron fist and insidious power. The Good Mothers follows Denise, Giuseppina, and Maria Concetta in their attempt to free themselves from the criminal power and collaborate with the authorities.

Malpractice

New one just started.

RAR

Summary: Dr Lucinda Edwards is a smart, battle-hardened doctor, but we meet her on a nightmare shift that ends in the death of an opioid overdose victim, Edith Owusu. Despite the support of her medical supervisor, Dr Leo Harris,  Edith's grieving father Sir Anthony Owusu, demands an enquiry into Lucinda's actions on the fateful night. 

I’m not really much of a surfer but I think 100 foot wave got mentioned here when it first came out a year or two ago. S02 is now airing on HBO. 

The first series was really well done - looking forward to a surprise series 02. 

• Like 2

Lucky Hank

A member here before said he quickly rejected the show for the usual stereotypical political reasons (too much diversity in the cast). My reaction to the first episode was that it was slow to get started but I had some faith that the great actor Bob Odenkirk wouldn't have signed up for a dog. My gut feeling was correct. This is now one of my favorite current shows running. Sophisticated. Dark and comic at the same time. A show for ADULTS. 

'Lucky Hank' AMC Review: Stream It Or Skip It? (decider.com)

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I watched the movie, "Contagion" again and something really jumped out at me, which I'd never really taken note of before, and that was the words uttered by Jude Law as the despicable Alan Krumwiede, when he was accusing the CDC and the WHO, as well as the medical profession, of purposely not testing his herbal/natural "remedy" because they were all in it to make money for big Pharma etc etc etc, and his remedy was natural and free.

He was the archetypal anti-vaccination, anti-"big Pharma" nut job and quoted his knowledge of all of this from the likes of Facebook and other social media sites.

It really was the forerunner to what we experienced during the last Covid outbreak with all sorts of supposed "cures" put forward by the likes of him.

It was a movie worth watching again, because as with many movies like this there are always aspects of it which one overlooks, so I'm pleased that I watched it again.

On the subject of Jude Law, well he really played the part in the movie so well, because the director really wanted to portray him as a nasty rumour spreading maggot, and his character acting portrayed just that.

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 2