What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

43 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I watch "An Unfinished Life" and thought it was great. A cheesy tear-jerker, but I enjoyed it. 

+1 ???? I remember that, enjoyed it also.

Edited by KhunLA

The Murderer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22696230/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

So, I thought this might be in Thai language ( + eng subs ) and I could watch it with the old lady but it was in English on my site ( fmovies ).

Anyway, despite the poor dubbing I found it quite humorous in parts and quite typical of the farang in Isaan stereotype.

Note: Thai language with eng subs available on Netflix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alone Together

Two season cancelled sitcom (2018)

I learned about this show from a Marc Maron podcast interview of comedian Esther Povitsky. She was funny on the podcast so I wanted to see more.

Alone Together is not a show targeted to my demographic but for me it's worth watching for the humor of Povitsky.

Do not confuse with Alone Together (2022). 

I have just downloaded 17 episodes of "The Prisoner", starring Patrick McGoohan (it was from the mid/late 60s) and am looking forward to watching it/them after all these years. I always thought it was a classic series.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I have just downloaded 17 episodes of "The Prisoner", starring Patrick McGoohan (it was from the mid/late 60s) and am looking forward to watching it/them after all these years. I always thought it was a classic series.

My parents always said what is this all about, cant understand it. I loved it and even stayed two nights in 'the village' a few years back to try to recapture those days... 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 4:48 PM, spidermike007 said:

Stallone is such a unique and singular guy. Hard not to like him

You have a strange sense of humour lol.  Actually its very easy not to like him.  Unless you admire knuckle draggers who can lift heavy things but can do nought else.   I admit he was very different in Tulsa King, and I enjoyed it but his previous work, in my opinion, hadnt improved much from his Black Stallion days lol.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

You have a strange sense of humour lol.  Actually its very easy not to like him.  Unless you admire knuckle draggers who can lift heavy things but can do nought else.   I admit he was very different in Tulsa King, and I enjoyed it but his previous work, in my opinion, hadnt improved much from his Black Stallion days lol.  Just my opinion.

He is a highly intelligent man. Very articulate in interviews. He wrote and won an Oscar for the Rocky screenplay. 

People like you are constantly under estimating people like him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He is a highly intelligent man. Very articulate in interviews. He wrote and won an Oscar for the Rocky screenplay. 

Agree 100% ... did Rocky all on his own, most on borrowed money, no big production company financing the project.  Quite the exception to Hollywood success.  100% self made ... that's talent, and why he is so respected by his peers.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

But once they start cranking out the cr*ppy moneymakers it's all they're known for.

A couple of interesting movies dropped recently...

The one I watched last night was No Hard Feelings (2023) - IMDb 6.6/10.

It starred Jennifer Lawrence baring it all and was quite funny and enjoyable.

The other one which I will watch tonight is Scrap (2022) - IMDb 8.9/10.

Obviously the 8.9/10 only represents professional critics.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LosLobo said:

No, it represents anyone who just takes a minute to join--(no fee)  I have commented  (usually late) and voted on most TV program's  - I dont get to see most of the  movies until a lot latter then them.  Don't like the rating system ?--Join at least try to make a difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

No, it represents anyone who just takes a minute to join--(no fee)  I have commented  (usually late) and voted on most TV program's  - I dont get to see most of the  movies until a lot latter then them.  Don't like the rating system ?--Join at least try to make a difference.

For this movie, there were only nine reviews virtually all on the release date and with the same rating.

I suggest that the 8.9/10 rating is possibly based on an opening screening with professionals/friends etc attending and is not a true representation of what rating the general public would give.

Nevertheless, time will be the acid test.

On 8/9/2023 at 5:33 PM, spidermike007 said:

Agree. In terms of more recent Westerns, Unforgiven, Josey Wales, Pale Rider, Buster Scruggs, 3:10 to Yuma, The Salvation, Appaloosa, Django Unchained, True Grit, The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, and Open Range were all amazing.

Thanks for the list @spidermike007 Downloading the ones I haven't seen now.

3.10 to Yuma 2007 version from 1337x and 1957 version from TGx 

The Salvation from 1337x
Appaloosa 1966 version from 1337x and 2008 version from YTS
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada from YTS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Luden

Really enjoying this one.

Reminds me a bit of The Deuce.

TPB

The rise of Sonny Boy Klaus Barkowsky, who is made into a pimp by the tough prostitute Jutta and founds the 'Nutella' gang, which soon engages in a battle for power with the established 'GMBH.

https://m.imdb.com/video/vi1731314713/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

Thanks @Will27. Downloading Luden season 1 from Kickass and The Deuce seasons 1-3 from TGx.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, giddyup said:

Four episodes of hijackers screaming and waving guns around starts to wear thin, and Idris is about as wooden as an actor can get.

He can be good at times, but he does not seem to have much range as an actor. And he tends to pick some awful projects, especially in the past 5 years. If he keeps this up, he will be known as another Nicholas Cage, or Gerard Butler. I see their name on a film, and already know it will likely be low end, poor quality, have a terrible script, or be a "I just cannot take that great a leap of faith" type of movie.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Where is Scrap available?

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He can be good at times, but he does not seem to have much range as an actor. And he tends to pick some awful projects, especially in the past 5 years. If he keeps this up, he will be known as another Nicholas Cage, or Gerard Butler. I see their name on a film, and already know it will likely be low end, poor quality, have a terrible script, or be a "I just cannot take that great a leap of faith" type of movie.

I see him as from the Easter Island school of acting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have watched each one of those at least two to three times. Open Range I watched five or six times. Classics.

What about One Eyed Jacks with Marlon Brando? Oldie but goodie.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 12:17 PM, LosLobo said:

I found Scrap to download on YTS. I thought No Hard Feeling was worth watching.

Edited by giddyup

A really nice movie based on true event and starring Helen Mirren, you just know it's going to be good:- 

Woman in Gold

Maria Altmann, an octogenarian Jewish refugee, takes on the Austrian government to recover artwork she believes rightfully belongs to her family.

1576221065_WomaninGold.jpg.102b5feac0f8c31d537c342ad6e6e929.jpg

Not as heavy as it sounds. Well worth a watch 

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Watched the new movie starring Gal Gadot, Heart of Stone, last night and really enjoyed it from start to finish. 

Reminiscent of a James Bond movie.  

I recommend it.

Got pretty low scores on IMDB but I thought it was entertaining.

• Thumbs Up 2