Young Woman Crashes Her Car Into Parked Vehicle and Overturns In Pattaya

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

"Her car, on the other hand, was completely ruined by the collision." Really? looks like it is just lying on its side to me, body intact that could be seen.

"...looks like it is just lying on its side..."

Obviously, with body damage to the front, as a result of hitting the parked vehicle, and body damage to every offside panel unless you think that the metalled road was made of foam rubber.

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

was shocked by the accident.

butterfly affect.   this shockwave will rock Earth!!!!!!!!   leading to many more accidents!!!!  don't worry, that parked car was bad.  very bad.   now we must deal with the after affects......should take a few days.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

Any drug/alcohol test administered to her? "It just jumped right out in front of me!!!!"

Any chance you could read the linked article? Don't bother. I did it for you: Pattaya police took the woman who caused the collision to the police station to test for alcohol.

I'm amazed at how often people on this site ask questions that are already answered if they bothered to look. Hint: reading a linked article usually - not always - expands the info provided by AseanNow. Only takes a minute, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably a good thing if these reports started reporting the results of drink and drug tests, maybe deter some people

To do that they would need to make drink and drug testing mandatory. It seems that if you say you are tired and will get a blood test next week it is ok.

52 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

To do that they would need to make drink and drug testing mandatory. It seems that if you say you are tired and will get a blood test next week it is ok.

According to my lawyer friend the police have to check the driver for alcohol, also anyone can request it, who knew

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You couldn't be bothered to simply read the provided OP link?

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think drug test is different from alcohol test. Pot is legal....

Why not put pertinent info in the story? No, I don't want to be bothered by going to the link. Seems testing might be an important item to include in their news blurb.

(edit) okay, read the article "She then felt a bump and woke up to find the overturned sedan beside her car" a bump that woke her up & the other car is totaled? To me, overturned means upside down (aka "turn turtle"), not on its side. Maybe different where you come from. The front of her car looks to have very little damage. If the little white crackerbox is the MG she hit, where is the damage? Rescue? maybe wind down the window and climb out.

Edited by Emdog

12 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Refusal to be subject to a test there and then, be it a blood test or breath test is a crime in itself perhaps. I believe that is a right afforded to many citizens of other countries.... such refusal will produce similar reaction to a positive test. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Emdog said:

"It just jumped right out in front of me!!!!"

you put this in quotes. where did you get that quote from or am i missing something ? 

maybe you could start a trend by reading the article ? naaaaaaaaa

'Pattaya police took the woman who caused the collision to the police station to test for alcohol.'

'Another woman, 26-year-old Ms. Waranya Nimcharoenpong, who drove the MG sedan, told The Pattaya News she was napping in her car parked on the roadside.' 

So the driver of the parked car was also drunk too?  All this at 4.30am.  Where had they been and why was I not invited?