Read the Fine Print

GinBoy2

What fine print issue?  You buy Insurance and should read and understand the Coverage and exclusions.  Basic and straightforward due diligence by the purchaser.  Obviously the guy did not do this.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Crossy said:

An awful lot of people seem to get caught out by this sort of "30 days per trip" clause.

I'm pretty sure it's a standard thing.

The article doesn't make it clear but if it was a freebie insurance with a bank account the cover is usually poor. If he'd bought travel insurance it would have covered him for the period specified. It's probably annual travel insurance, which often covers 30 days, 45 days, i think i got 90 days once

• Like 2

Mainly read the exclusion..... The motorcycle cover or not is a problem as it seems if covered always an escape for companies.if you technical should not be on the road....  Took an insurance once picked from confused.com and I put all my details in as asked including date of birth so they new how old I was. 60

I got a list of companies sent to me I picked one... When I came to claim fore am in minor thing.thay said I was too old

Over 60 so be careful they should not have gave me a quote in the first place.

• Like 1