Top 10 tips for successful lving in Thailand !

Social Media

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe I was just lucky and everything just worked out for me , but I could have

ended up like one of those guys that came here to retire and lost everything

because they picked the wrong woman

You got that right. We all married the right woman at the start, but some change to be the "wrong" woman in the end.

Just luck, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Never regard Thailand as a foreign country, and always regard it as a distant planet. You will never be confused, disappointed, or perplexed if you adopt that attitude

India is a distant universe if LoS is a distant planet.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Accept that you will need to help your wife/girlfriend's family if you want to be accepted into the family, and allow your wife/girlfriend to keep some face. It's a balancing act for us foreigners, but that's just the way it is.

3 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Accept that you will need to help your wife/girlfriend's family if you want to be accepted into the family, and allow your wife/girlfriend to keep some face. It's a balancing act for us foreigners, but that's just the way it is.

Don't think so, not in my world ... Buddha helps those who help themselves.

Why would I do in TH, what I wouldn't do if in USA/motherland.  Don't care if they accept me ... win win if they don't, and shun me, considering some families.

Edited by KhunLA

25 minutes ago, CH1961 said:

If you need a YouTube video for living in Thailand you should stay in your home country. 

No matter what you think, you will manage to to every mistake you shouldnt have done, knowing facts or not on beforehand. It is just the nature of growing as a person. 

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Why would I do in TH, what I wouldn't do if in USA/motherland.  Don't care if they accept me ... win win if they don't, and shun me, considering some families.

And yet guys come here and get involved with girls (and their families) who are so far below them socially and economically that it makes me wonder if the guys might have come from a trailer park themselves. 

12 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

And yet guys come here and get involved with girls (and their families) who are so far below them socially and economically that it makes me wonder if the guys might have come from a trailer park themselves. 

Not seen that, all the foreigners I've encountered appear to be on the same social level as Thai farm girls. 

Me too! 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

22 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I've done the math and living in Nutbush, Mississippi costs about the same as Chiang Mai.

It would def help if you like 'em fat and Jesus-loving. At least your box wine would be cheap.