Classified documents from Biden’s time as VP discovered in private office

Scott

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Let's hear Biden tell prospective voters or at Democratic Debates he forgot the Top Secret docs next to his Corvette. 

You're right. Democratic voters aren't used to disconnecting their sense of reality when listening to their pols speak like GOP voters have been forced to for the last 6+ years so this could be a hard sell for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So what? Didn't Trump's familly have access to Mar-a-lago, including his office and bedroom where documents have been found?

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Probably not as many as at Mar-a-Lago where a NYT investigation found a couple of weeks ago:

A New York Times investigation reveals how easily accessible classified documents may have been to the thousands of guests who visited Mar-a-Lago in the months after Mr. Trump left office.

• Like 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

How long will it take for biden's minions to stop using but...but Trump as an excuse. Biden deserves every bit of trouble this causes him.

Why does Biden deserve every bit of trouble? Are you privy to the investigation?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

If biden were selling them i sorta doubt he would have volunteered to turn them all over the day after they were found but go ahead and wallow in all those conspiracy theories....a special prosecutor will soon enough lay out all the details...and a court will soon enough lay out all of trumps behavior....wanna bet which one will look like a lying criminal that purposely obstructed justice for months and which just made a mistake and admitted it?

What else could he do...they were found; also very convenient how the White House made no announcement about Tricky Biden and his trove of classified documents for over two months (until after the midterm elections).

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Maybe so, but it does not excuse the liability.   I am not that interested in making comparisons because the two cases are very different.  But I think a person like Joe Biden, with 50 years of service in government, would have a good grasp on the rules surrounding confidential documents. 

He obviously has no grip in reality (and hasn't for years) and that's probably the old man's best defense.

• Love It 1

35 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

How long will it take for biden's minions to stop using but...but Trump as an excuse. Biden deserves every bit of trouble this causes him.

Excuse for what? How does it matter that Hunter may or may not have had access to his father's house. Please tell us.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did he say he didn't know they were in his locked garage? Did he say if those documents are related to the ones found before from the Penn Center? As far as I'm aware a President can take classified documents away from the Whitehouse right?

This is is what Newsweek wrote 'As for the documents in his Wilmington garage, Jean-Pierre told reporters Thursday that Biden "did not know that the records were there" when pressed about the documents in his garage, nor did he know what was in them.'

I haven't read anything that definitely compares content. If Pres. Biden did take the documents to his private residence then surely he would have placed them in a place where they were directly under his supervision (and I would assume there is some protocol/rule governing such). If he just left in the car and another lot elsewhere in the garage.....why didn't he say so after the first batch had been found? But that's academic now since he didn't know they were there. So if he didn't put them in the car/garage who did? And the next question is, who had access to his car/garage? Apart from Staff, do members of family have access? If he has a Service Company on site, do they have access? Remember, these documents were 'found' and no one, as yet, has come forward to claim responsibility for their location.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, candide said:

Excuse for what? How does it matter that Hunter may or may not have had access to his father's house. Please tell us.

You're having a laff right?  Excuse for what? please.....  

This will be quite good, looks like the walls are closing in.

Hunter Biden, who is under federal investigation for possible tax and foreign lobbying violations, listed his father’s Delaware address as his own residence, records show. 

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Hunter Biden, who is under federal investigation for possible tax and foreign lobbying violations, listed his father’s Delaware address as his own residence, records show. 

I wonder how many members of this forum have an address registered with their parents, siblings, children?

49 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

They simply can't help making a comparison. Some of the comments here indicate that it is completely different to what happened at Mar a logo and my reply would be 'Right then, treat it differently too and stop thinking about FPDT. Start asking the questions that a Detective would ask.' If Pres. Biden is telling the truth (he didn't know etc) then one possibility I'd be thinking about is a 'set up'. Nah...someone is bound to say that I've been watching mystery TV too much,????.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

11 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Again, assuming he had access to the house, how does it really matter?

1 hour ago, TKDfella said:

They simply can't help making a comparison. Some of the comments here indicate that it is completely different to what happened at Mar a logo and my reply would be 'Right then, treat it differently too and stop thinking about FPDT. Start asking the questions that a Detective would ask.' If Pres. Biden is telling the truth (he didn't know etc) then one possibility I'd be thinking about is a 'set up'. Nah...someone is bound to say that I've been watching mystery TV too much,????.

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone on the right has invoked Hunter Biden's name in a thread about Trump. The irony in your post is excruciating.

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

This is is what Newsweek wrote 'As for the documents in his Wilmington garage, Jean-Pierre told reporters Thursday that Biden "did not know that the records were there" when pressed about the documents in his garage, nor did he know what was in them.'

I haven't read anything that definitely compares content. If Pres. Biden did take the documents to his private residence then surely he would have placed them in a place where they were directly under his supervision (and I would assume there is some protocol/rule governing such). If he just left in the car and another lot elsewhere in the garage.....why didn't he say so after the first batch had been found? But that's academic now since he didn't know they were there. So if he didn't put them in the car/garage who did? And the next question is, who had access to his car/garage? Apart from Staff, do members of family have access? If he has a Service Company on site, do they have access? Remember, these documents were 'found' and no one, as yet, has come forward to claim responsibility for their location.

Thanks but when you look at the actual source its clear that Jean-Pierre was repeating a blanket statement that was put out from the official White House press release and to the statement made from Biden himself. Biden himself did not say that with regards to the docs found in the garage and Jean-Pierre did not provide further information on that find whatsoever. The Newsweek article is the only media making that attribution and it is out of context when you watch what was actually said.

Official video of the Press Briefing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz3xpufh_l0

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Perhaps you should aim that at the GOP who has been making endless comparisons to how Trump was treated and how Biden is being treated. How unfair it is that Biden has not been raided the same as Trump was how the AG should be impeached, how with Trump its ok because the documents were declassified (no evidence of that) and with Biden as VP he couldn't declassify as if that matters in this case.

That rhetoric then finds its way right here on the forum, from those comparisons. So please stop with your "They simply can't help making a comparison" nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The ineptitude and stupidity of one Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. has given a "get out of jail card" to his, and the Democrat Party's, political nemesis Donald Trump. It's now almost impossible for the Trump special counsel to bring charges now without the Biden special counsel indicting the "president" for the same crimes. LOLOL

Why that? As explained many times, including on Fox News, the two cases are not comparable. The case of Trump is much worse as there was obstruction, among other differences.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

On a more serious note, I wonder why we are relying exclusively on President Biden and his legal team to search for documents.  I think it would be better if search warrants were issued and the DOJ sent inspectors to whatever locations are suspected of having such material.   The fact that these documents have been known about for months and not returned is cause for concern.

Indeed, many armed police storming the locations would be a suitable response IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Ah, is the excuse going to be that some completely unknown person took classified documents from Biden's time as VP and unknown to Biden or anyone in Biden's staff placed them in his own garage.

I can only hope the GOP pursue this to the same extent as the Dems did with everything pertaining to Trump ( I'm pretty sure they will ).

I expect this event has given some impetus to the GOP, who have been somewhat on the back foot recently. One wonders how the response would have looked had the Dems won the House ( actually one is pretty sure it would have been quietly ignored ).

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed, many armed police storming the locations would be a suitable response IMO.

If Biden had spent months refusing to return the documents and denying they were there then a search warrant would have been warranted.

However if you believe that mishandling of classified in one location warrants the search of all properties of the location's owner, then the feds need to start searching a lot of Trump properties.

57 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. If Biden really had "forgotten" about the known documents, what is to say he hasn't "forgotten" about others elsewhere?

If the Archives didn't know the documents were missing surely it's time for an investigation of that apparently incompetent organisation.

How do you know Biden ever knew about the classified?  High ranking people let their staff handle most of the paperwork.

Yes, White House procedures for securing classified need to be improved, and the security rules need to be applied to the President and everyone else.  That became clear while Trump was in office.

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, is the excuse going to be that some completely unknown person took classified documents from Biden's time as VP and unknown to Biden or anyone in Biden's staff placed them in his own garage.

I can only hope the GOP pursue this to the same extent as the Dems did with everything pertaining to Trump ( I'm pretty sure they will ).

I expect this event has given some impetus to the GOP, who have been somewhat on the back foot recently. One wonders how the response would have looked had the Dems won the House ( actually one is pretty sure it would have been quietly ignored ).

No, nobody is suggesting "some completely unknown person took classified documents from Biden's time as VP".  A far more likely explanation is a careless member of Biden's staff is responsible for the misplaced classified.

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

If Biden had spent months refusing to return the documents and denying they were there then a search warrant would have been warranted.

Now why would Biden spend months denying they were there when the whole incident was covered up - and the Biden fans and Biden himself were excoriating Trump for the same thing?

"Nov. 2: The first batch of classified documents — about 10 of them — is found after one of Biden’s private attorneys opens a locked closet at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington. The Penn Biden Center is a think tank affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania that Biden founded and whose offices he used after his time as vice president ended in early 2017. Garland describes it as a location “not authorized for storage of classified documents.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/13/biden-classified-documents-timeline/

BTW midterms were Nov 8th and the left campaigned by attacking Trump for doing what their own top boy did - but strewn across several insecure locations and for a much longer time. Hooooo boy this will be fun.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Now why would Biden spend months denying they were there when the whole incident was covered up - and the Biden fans and Biden himself were excoriating Trump for the same thing?

"Nov. 2: The first batch of classified documents — about 10 of them — is found after one of Biden’s private attorneys opens a locked closet at the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement in Washington. The Penn Biden Center is a think tank affiliated with the University of Pennsylvania that Biden founded and whose offices he used after his time as vice president ended in early 2017. Garland describes it as a location “not authorized for storage of classified documents.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/01/13/biden-classified-documents-timeline/

BTW midterms were Nov 8th and the left campaigned by attacking Trump for doing what their own top boy did - but strewn across several insecure locations and for a much longer time. Hooooo boy this will be fun.

The FBI learned what happens when you blow the whistle just before an election and then don't indict. It throws the election.

Edited by ozimoron

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'd wager none of above mentioned has Top Secret docs in their garage.

That proposition hasn't been tested. There are apparently still missing documents. Prosecutors appear to be ONLY concerned that Trump obstructed justice, not just mishandling documents. No equivalence.

Prosecutors are also looking into whether Trump or his team obstructed justice when the FBI sent agents to search his home. Officials have said more classified documents may still be missing.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-legal-team-search-classified-material-properties-washington-post-says-2022-12-07/

• Like 2