More changes. Compulsory health insurance now not required

webfact

5 hours ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:
6 hours ago, gp2002 said:

You don't need health insurance but if we stop you at a random check point and you don't have health insurance then you will be forced to get it. 

Am I reading that correctly??? 

<deleted>!!!!

It doesn't say anything about compelling you to make a purchase, just a friendly, well-intentioned suggestion. ???? 

Other report articles in the press are different to this report, can't they for once in their life get this right, so that all those traveling to Thailand know what is required. Regards Popa

• Thanks 2

I think there's some confusion.  Unless the policy has changed again (quite possible!), insurance is only required for people who will be leaving Thailand for a country that requires a negative Covid result before checking in (e.g. China and India).  This is to ensure that the person testing positive and who is now stuck in Thailand, has cover.

47 minutes ago, Salerno said:
49 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Unless the policy has changed again (quite possible!)

It has, this thread is about the change - no insurance required for anyone now.

That is not correct , in the other press report that I read on this , they are saying on the head line that insurance is canceled and then if you read further into this report it says you still need the insurance ( REALLY ) , if you are returning to a country that requires PT--PCR test. The only difference in this press report is, they are not stopping you getting on the airline and have stated that they will have random checks and if you should have had insurance ,you will then be made to buy one before they let you in.  Regards Popa . 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

has cancelled the requirement for foreign arrivals, from countries which require PCR tests on return, to have at least US$10,000 health insurance coverage for the duration of their holiday, plus seven days.

BMA advise tourists to take out health insurance "for their peace of mind"

what is it, cancelled or not cancelled but Still advised/suggested..... LOS the land of the U Turns

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm due to fly on on Saturday, from China, and I'm on the verge of having a nervous breakdown. ????

AFAIK there's been no official confirmation of this, only the 'Phuket Go' article which references a 'Thai PBS World' article which has a dead link to 'Ministry of Public Health'. There's nothing on TAT, CAAT or MOPH websites. Also nothing on Richard Barrow's twitter which is surprising as he usually has his ear to the ground.

Edited by GanDoonToonPet

8 hours ago, edogthong said:

So you don't need health insurance but there will be random checks and if it turns out that you don't have one, you'll be given advice on where to buy one. Did I get that right?

When are they gonna realise that all this attempted face saving mental gymnastics only actually makes them loose even more face? The whole world is laughing at you Thailand. Again! I wonder how many Billions of Baht this little blunder ends up costing?

Lose 

Of course, otherwise the dream of a money rush from the North had stopped at the ???? borders so  there is clearly no limit to their bowing and kneeling for C........a. probably soon s special rule for Westerners that says the opposite????

Felt

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

BMA advise tourists to take out health insurance "for their peace of mind" .....................

Peace of mind. To achieve peace of mind any individual should be able to decide what is best for his specific circumstances.

The topic health insurance is haunting the expat community and visitors now for years in various ways and produces the exact opposite of Peace of Mind. Skip the topic once and for all, let us alone - in peace as is the articulated intention.

Edited by moogradod
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Another silly comment we keep hearing, not going to bring up the laughable mosquito and chicken wire fence analogy? I am not going to explain why hospitals wear masks for operations etc.... I would then also be foolish for repeating myself to a troll. 

No, please do explain why hospitals wear masks.

Think it's safe to say the complexity of the issue puts it beyond the majority's capacity to comprehend.  Even scientists and other so-called experts are constantly in disagreement.  Sweden - and many other countries - did well without masks.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Surgeons and nurses wear mask in the operating room, its not that difficult to understand?

https://www.surgery.com.au/why-do-surgeons-wear-masks/

IMHO the most important reason why operating room and dental surgery staff wear masks and eye protection is to prevent being hit in the face by an unexpected arterial spurt.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

Did nobody else pick up on this whopper scam subtly inserted in the middle of the report!!! If they have dropped the requirement why do they need to check and if they find that you don’t have health insurance you are pointed towards the desk that has coverage at 5000% higher rates than any other normal health insurance or you are refused entry!!!

So the restriction has NOT been lifted but rather you are required to play a game of Russian roulette once you are already in Thailand when your choice is either get a flight out back out of the country and all the costs that involves plus cancelled accommodation etc etc or accept the fleecing they will give you for your health coverage. FO!

No...you will be ADVISED to get it....advice that you can decline!

I hope i am stopped as it goes...I have the insurance anyway (my choice and arranged in UK) but I shall just say "No thanks" (politely) and walk on! 

If pressed, THEN I'll offer to show them my insurance...which i have in my hand-carry and on my phone!

Bit of sport, methinks!

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

IMHO the most important reason why operating room and dental surgery staff wear masks and eye protection is to prevent being hit in the face by an unexpected arterial spurt.

Quite if you read the article I posted it does actually mention that amongst many more reasons!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lee65 said:

No, please do explain why hospitals wear masks.

Think it's safe to say the complexity of the issue puts it beyond the majority's capacity to comprehend.  Even scientists and other so-called experts are constantly in disagreement.  Sweden - and many other countries - did well without masks.

The emphasis on hand sanitation seems to have died a death in favour of the more visible mask wearing agenda.

Perhaps everyone should wear surgical gloves also ?

30 minutes ago, mancub said:

Perhaps everyone should wear surgical gloves also ?

Let's cut to the chase: everyone should have an implanted chip that facilitates tracking & tracing and restricts where a person may travel.  The chip should also have a central bank digital currency controlled by a cabal to restrict what a person buys.  Just have to get the majority of people to want it.  In a few countries the majority still wear masks - so there's hope.

• Thumbs Up 1