TAT aims to make the whole year high season for travel in Thailand

snoop1130

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

domestic and international tourists don't like rainy season and hot season, just because trapical rains and tropical sun are too extreme. Just a few days stay are fun enough, but not weeks.

I think rains to Arabs might be like Snow to Thais, novel and interesting for a few days, a deluge the whole week of your holiday can ruin the fun

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

Nothing can change it.

The only motivation to travel in low season are cheaper fares and hotels

Easy to change.  Just choose as target group people who can't be bothered to read up about their holiday destination.  That's the majority of people. 

Tourists plan their trips according to their their available time (school holidays) and the catalogue of the travel agent. 

For many years, Thailand has been a popular destination for Europeans during the European summer holidays. Peak rainy season here, nice weather in Europe, but they do come. 

As for the hot season,  I regularly get questions how it would be here (eg during the Easter holidays).  I always tell them not to come, they wouldn't stand the heat. Fortunately,  most don't come. 

• Like 1

Every city open 24/7, bars everywhere, full moon party every night (I'm sure some clown will figure out how to project a moon in the sky that looks full), 10-year visas, no visas, visas connected to your bank account....goes to 0, and then you are on overstay!!!!!  above 0, stay.  but those juke boxes in every taxi with lights.

call every city Pattaya.  Pattaya 1, Pattaya 2, etc.....

now we have high season.   

But I'm here for the temples!!!!!!  lol

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, lujanit said:

TAT have got to produce a news release every day, regardless of how how stupid it is.

I feel cheated.  I read all TAT releases to smile/guffaw at their ludicrous figures and inventive Mathematic calculations.  There are no figures in this wish-list/dream!

8 hours ago, Lingba said:

Label it what you want..it is what it is...tourists will be few during the rainy season

Possibly true of other areas but, pre-covid, Pattaya had become busy year-round, with the large influx of Asian tourists who were traveling year-round, not just during the winter months.  These numbers, from China, India, and the rest of Asia, dwarfed the numbers from Europe and North America.  Also adding numbers, the increasing visitors from Bangkok on weekends, coming to their getaway condos.   There was no longer a 'low season' and a 'high season'.  Instead it was more 'busy season' and 'busier season'.