Gen. Prawit Welcomes Iranian Ambassador, Invites Iranian Tourists To Thailand

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister Gen. Prawit Wongsuwon has discussed Thai-Iranian cooperation with the Iranian ambassador. He is also inviting Iranian tourists to visit Thailand as the Covid situation has now lifted.

Play it again Sam.. this record is getting very worn..

Invest in our country, send your tourists, buy our rice.

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

There's nothing more deserving than having a close trade and security relationship with a country that sells drones to Russia so it can kill Ukrainian civilians, destroy infrastructure, power and water facilities. 

Remembering that Thailand became part of the Axis alliance in WW2 as a result of its surrender to the Japanese, no surprise. 

Your selling arms bit is a little narrow minded. All arms are somewhat related to killing humans. Most developed countries rely heavily on the income coming from selling their weapons. It’s a bit like blaming the ,say, Colt company for the murder of people. 

7 hours ago, Purdey said:

I will be interested to see Iranian women discard headscarves upon arrival, change into jeans and a t-shirt and drink wine. Iran was a very westernized country at one time. 

some of the most beautiful women in the world are from that region. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Kim Jong Un invited over for a shrimp buffet.

I have it on good authority that Kim Jong Un is not that enthusiastic about shrimp buffets.

A large plate of chocolate eclairs washed down with a fine cognac may influence him on the other hand.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, John Drake said:

How long have you been here?

as pointed out, that bomb thing in Bangkok was in 2012. I was living down the street from where it happened.

I go out of my way to meet Iranian tourists when they come here (I'm a white American). If I may generalize, they are mostly thoughtful, gracious people. That is part of their culture. To cast the entire country as a band of devils is quite frankly, stupid. Make your hate person to person if you must hate