Fitness guy has 10 million baht's worth of jewelry stolen from locker at well known mall

webfact

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I see Rolex watches as an investment item

Absolutely - But only factory timepieces, not the ones that have been "Upgraded" with diamonds - They will lose their value.

I have always loved my "Kettles" but could never afford one but i promised myself that i would buy myself one when i turned 50 - When i retired at 54, i was lucky enough to purchase one from an Authorised dealer (AD) in the UK at retail price - As soon as i walked out of the door, my timepiece went up 2 k pounds in value - I still wear it every day, unpolished - I'm not rich & most people think it's a fake, but i love wearing it & the white gold fluted bezel still shines in the sunlight - 

Quality Timepieces, have been going through the roof these past 3 years - Rolex, AP, Patek, RM's - All amazing investments, if you can get one for the right price.

12 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It's called style, the love of beautiful things......if you can afford it and have good taste why not. It doesn't surprise me that a farmer would wear a Timex, wealthy or not.

Style is not synonymous with beauty.

It's something which is the "thing" this year/month/week/day.

Its fish lips and thick black eyebrows on a silicon breasted, peroxide blonde tart.

The majority of expensive watches are not beautiful.

The majority of them are over-designed, grotesque and entirely lacking in any aesthetic virtues, other than those "appreciated" by those who know the price (especially potentially increasing price) of everything.....but the value of nothing.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Crossy said:
14 hours ago, webfact said:

The club has CCTV everywhere - except pointing at the lockers. 

Expand  

Hmm, I can't imagine who could have arranged that :whistling:

If there had been CCTV, it probably wouldn't have worked at the time...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

Style is not synonymous with beauty.

It's something which is the "thing" this year/month/week/day.

Its fish lips and thick black eyebrows on a silicon breasted, peroxide blonde tart.

The majority of expensive watches are not beautiful.

The majority of them are over-designed, grotesque and entirely lacking in any aesthetic virtues, other than those "appreciated" by those who know the price (especially potentially increasing price) of everything.....but the value of nothing.

Which is why I included 'good taste' into the mix

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, I did not imply that those kinds of appearances do not have benefits. Many are impressed by displays of wealth. 

However, I still think those same displays reek of desperation to be accepted, admired and envied. 

I am sure some of those people are desperate, now I don't know any of them, so I don't really know.

I wrote my above comment because I guess not many of us ever run around with a diamond Rolex stepping out of a Bentley. I experienced a little part of that life and in a way it was interesting to experience it.

But I wasn't so impressed that from then on I worked to be one of them. I am satisfied with a G-Shock watch. ???? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Correct. It tends to be a reflection of some major self esteem issues. The over priced luxury car, the shiny, crazy expensive watches, the bling. With emotional maturity (perhaps what you meant by normal people) , self love and self respect, many of us just do not have much to prove, and do not need the envy and notice of friends and strangers. 

I just don't have the cash ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Like it or not, but people with a Bentley and a diamond Rolex are often treated with a lot more respect than the rest of us. Long time ago I had a friend who owned an old Bentley and he was selling 2nd hand luxury watches. He was also wearing those watches. From time to time I was out with him and it was amazing what difference that made. 

Somewhere a long que in front of the latest hottest club? No problem, please sir, we open the red gate for you, please go in, someone will bring you to the VIP section. This kind of treatment, everywhere. I have to admit it's nice to be treated like that.

red-carpet.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=2jK7

I had the use for a while many years ago of a brand spanking new top o' the line BMW drop top.

I was amazed at how many people all eyed me up when stopped at the lights - never happened when I was on my bike ????

On 1/12/2023 at 5:41 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Did your uncle ever consider the investment aspect of his Timex, i.e. none, versus the future value of Rolex watches?   Many do and the chances of a Rolex "breaking" are fairly remote.

I'm confused. The expensive watch I bought from a stall on Sukhumvit has the name Lolex on the dial. Have I been cheated?.......

On 1/12/2023 at 6:56 AM, soalbundy said:

It's called style, the love of beautiful things......if you can afford it and have good taste why not. It doesn't surprise me that a farmer would wear a Timex, wealthy or not.

The Rolls Royce tractor gave a different impression.....:smile:

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

At Fitness Last: Long queue at the lockers? No problem, please sir, we open the back gate for you, please go in, someone will bring you to the VIP locker section, where you can put your valuables into the lockers without any prying eyes or those pesky cameras...

Maybe there is a camera but he got a BJ from the locker attendant and he asked them to switch off the camera. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I'm confused. The expensive watch I bought from a stall on Sukhumvit has the name Lolex on the dial. Have I been cheated?.......

Sukhumvit stalls don't sell expensive watches  but, if it has "Lolex" on the dial and the seller didn't tell you it wasn't a Lolex, you haven't been cheated. 

On 1/12/2023 at 6:15 AM, spidermike007 said:

There are few things in life as tacky, and classless as a diamond encrusted watch. Yikes. It ranks right up there with a Bentley, in terms of desperation. Look at me. See me. Acknowledge me. Please. I am really somebody. 

While diamond encrusted watches are not my thing, I am not of the opinion a Bentley or other supercar is 'tacky or classless'.

Driving a supercar---Bentley Continental or better a Lambo or Ferrari---is one of the few things in life where reality exceeds expectation. They are a kick, and I'm glad---no matter how useless some people might think they are---there are people with the skill to create them.

I appreciate that outsiders seeing a guy in one either thinks trust fund kid (if the driver is young) or Midlife Crisis if the driver is over 40. I don't care, and I don't do it to be seen. I do it because it's a kick. I prefer anonymity (same as on a Forum), but damn if I'm going to forego a personal pleasure because people I couldn't care less about might judge me. Eff'em. I don't go into their life and tell them an 85" $K QLED is silly or whatever their peccadilloes happen to be . They can buy what gives them pleasure, and I can do the same.

We could all live in a 100 sq ft room and have two sets of clothes (one to wear, one to wash) and have no possessions that aren't 100% essential, but none of us do that. We acquire what gives us pleasure or utility.

Some might argue supercars are wasteful because they are not fuel efficient, but I rationalize that by saying I purposely chose not to propagate my gene pool. I love practicing, but don't want to fertilize any egg.  Thus,  my kids who will never exist won't propagate theirs, thereby producing generations of resource-consuming entities. I'm not so arrogant to think the world needs my gene pool, and I think I've evolved beyond instinct. Some combination of those two things is what makes people think they need kids, but why should I save resources for people who choose to make kids? A generation or two of descendants is going to use a multiple of whatever I use.

Now about this gym goer....when I go to the gym I wear shorts and a t-shirt, and carry only a towel to keep my sweat off equipment and an electrolyte beverage to drink while working out. I don't even bother with a locker, so I would never carry anything valuable to put in a locker. Also, I neither own a watch nor any jewelry, but I don't care what anybody else does with his money. Up to him.

• Like 1