Do I need to personally attend for a single re-entry permit?

There is nothing in the rules that stipulates that you must apply for a re-entry permit yourself. That said, individual immigration offices may not like you having someone else do it for you. An agent would be able to get it done, at another office if necessary, for around 1,000 baht I would think.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JackSinclair said:

Well to honest the airport would be my safe plan 'B'. 

But I'm thinking agent as brit tim /olmate mention. These guys are so fluid.

Any way just trying to combine it with a 90 day (usually done on my behalf by my daughter)

Nothing about safe or unsafe, it's like 5 minutes on the airport when you leave. No reason to do it earlier either if it doesn't work out at the 90 day thing.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

If forgetful, or planning to leave Thailand by land, it can make sense to get the re-entry permit from the immigration office in advance. Otherwise, doing it at the airport when leaving (which is what I always do) is the easiest solution. By the way, being terrified of forgetting to get a re-entry permit, I have a post-it note stuck to my TM6 departure card to remind me.

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, JackSinclair said:

Well to honest the airport would be my safe plan 'B'. 

But I'm thinking agent as brit tim /olmate mention. These guys are so fluid.

Any way just trying to combine it with a 90 day (usually done on my behalf by my daughter)

You live in Pattaya.

Good agents are everywhere.

Try Maneerat Soi post office or someone similar. 

Also 90 day report is very easy now with the new online system.

No difficult to do yourself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Pib said:

Do it at your servicing immigration office or at the airport. 

But if for some unforeseen reason it can't be done at the airport because of some unexpected reason out of your or the airport's control  then you will have a tough choice between making your flight without getting a reentry permit or rescheduling your flight until you do get a reentry permit.   

Personally, I would play it safe by getting the very important reentry permit at your servicing immigration office before your flight....OR, play it less safe by waiting to get it at the airport.    The risk is up to the individual. 

Please point me to ONE report where reentry permit was not possible at international airport.

If the office is unattended you would just draw that to someone's attention. 

It just doesn't happen that reentry permit not available at eg BKK, DMK etc

Edited by DrJack54

29 minutes ago, Pib said:

Do it at your servicing immigration office or at the airport. 

But if for some unforeseen reason it can't be done at the airport because of some unexpected reason out of your or the airport's control  then you will have a tough choice between making your flight without getting a reentry permit or rescheduling your flight until you do get a reentry permit.   

Personally, I would play it safe by getting the very important reentry permit at your servicing immigration office before your flight....OR, play it less safe by waiting to get it at the airport.    The risk is up to the individual. 

There is absolutely no risk to doing it at the airport. It is open 24 hours and is quick and efficient. No more than 5 minutes.

Personally I always get multiple re-entries when I extend my extension of stay but I did have a period where I needed to do individual ones and it was so easy at the airport (Suvarnabhumi, never tried Don Mueang).

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Please point me to ONE report where reentry permit was not possible at international airport.

If the office is unattended you would just draw that to someone's attention. 

It just doesn't happen that reentry permit not available at eg BKK, DMK etc

I can't (it's not like I've read all posts on AseanNow)....but stuff can happen...Murphy's Laws.   

As said I would play it safe by getting a reentry permit at your servicing immigration office before your flight day versus waiting until you are at the airport within hours/minutes of your flight's departure.  Up to each individual as to which location and when they get the reentry permit.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Pib said:

As said I would play it safe by getting a reentry permit at your servicing immigration office before your flight day versus waiting until you are at the airport within hours/minutes of your flight's departure

That's your issue.

Overlook my post.

Read the other post after mine.

Obtaining reentry permit at immigration is convenient for those within a stone's throw and did not bother to obtain reentry when they obtained their extension.

To post airport is risky is wrong.

It's a quick process and that has been posted over and over. 

What do you even mean by ....

"versus waiting until you are at the airport within hours/minutes of your flight's departure".

How often do you fly internationally. 

"Minutes of your flights departure" 

Please!!

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pib said:

If Immigration at the airport are not working for some extreme reason, flights will not be able to leave with passengers.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I needed to do individual ones and it was so easy at the airport (Suvarnabhumi, never tried Don Mueang).

As you are aware. 

At BKK the reentry permit desk is just after security Zone 2 and prior to immigration.

At DMK the office is just the other side of immigration.

You can see the office from where  you are stamped out. 

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Up to them. Knowing my luck, I'd be late and there would be 50 people in line ahead of me.

Never read one report of que.

Personally done approx 10 at airports and most I have ever seen is one or 2 max  in front of me. Most often no one. 

The process takes few minutes.

Good idea to have the TM8 all filled in and ready to go. 

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Personally I always get multiple re-entries when I extend my extension of stay but I did have a period where I needed to do individual ones and it was so easy at the airport (Suvarnabhumi, never tried Don Mueang).

When you extend your extension of stay, your current extension hasn't expired yet.

I thought that in that case the re-entry would apply only to the current extension you are extending and not the new one.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:46 PM, BritTim said:

There is nothing in the rules that stipulates that you must apply for a re-entry permit yourself. That said, individual immigration offices may not like you having someone else do it for you. An agent would be able to get it done, at another office if necessary, for around 1,000 baht I would think.

I've never read anything in the rules either but....last November i was going to Laos for a few days holiday, the wife said she was passing Jomtien immigration so she would get my re entry permit, next thing i know she phoned me from immigration and said the IO said i have to be there for it to be issued, so who knows

38 minutes ago, JackSinclair said:

Just goes to show, rules are meaningless here.......... Sometimes.

Don't understand your post and point of thread.

You ask about reentry permit.

That you can do by yourself at immigration

Or at airport by yourself 

Or at airport io doing the form (small fee)

Or by local agent in Pattaya.

90 day report you can do yourself either in person 

OR via mail 

Or online 

Or by representative (your case daughter) 

What's so difficult. Choose one.