Top US general says Ukraine war has become an 'absolute catastrophe' for Russia, estimating it's suffered 'significantly well over' 100,000 casualties

Scott

"last time I reported out on it publicly, I said it was well over 100,000. I would say it's significantly well over 100,000 now," Milley said "

he is so specific - he could say enough to fill 5 football fields, or 470 Greyhound buses..... then the Americans would understand what he means.....

Edited by bangon04
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How fortunate for this claimed  ‘experiment’ of yours that Russia chose to invade Ukraine so that the ‘experiment’ could get underway.

Get a grip i didn't claim anything, what call an experiment is my own belief of what's going on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Get a grip i didn't claim anything, what call an experiment is my own belief of what's going on.

So you believe that's what's happening but you don't claim that's what's happening? This is like saying I believe the moon is made of green cheese but I don't claim the moon is made of green cheese. The difference being that there's no assumption of conspiracy in the belief about the moon's composition.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:33 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Is that why 100's of thousands have moved to Thailand in the last few months leading the numbers of those arriving from all countries?

What are you insinuating? Do you have some plausible source for that? As per Thai tourist authority figures the Russians are far from the top arrivals. Behind many countries with much less population.

And in the last years the Russians have been increasingly arriving.  What so surprising on that knowing how sever are their winters and after a century of isolation, they like it here.  (As it had been hugely liked by Germans for decades.) When spoken with Pattaya shops and hotels, they have been always quite happy with their spending, they do not need to serve them just fish & chips. That's why most of the shops have inscriptions in Russian language. 

It's in a poor taste to jump on a bandwagon with anything that would fit the current official narrative. Perhaps you have some links that the Russians are not allowed to travel? Unlike the Ukrainians?     

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Saanim said:

What are you insinuating? Do you have some plausible source for that? As per Thai tourist authority figures the Russians are far from the top arrivals. Behind many countries with much less population.

And in the last years the Russians have been increasingly arriving.  What so surprising on that knowing how sever are their winters and after a century of isolation, they like it here.  (As it had been hugely liked by Germans for decades.) When spoken with Pattaya shops and hotels, they have been always quite happy with their spending, they do not need to serve them just fish & chips. That's why most of the shops have inscriptions in Russian language. 

It's in a poor taste to jump on a bandwagon with anything that would fit the current official narrative. Perhaps you have some links that the Russians are not allowed to travel? Unlike the Ukrainians?     

Why should the situation in Pattaya be any different from that in say Kazakhstan? And even if not flocking to Thailand, clearing they are fleeing in mass numbers.

Russians fleeing Putin's draft are pouring into nearby countries, sending hotel rates, rents, and airfares soaring

https://www.businessinsider.com/russians-flee-putin-mobilisation-draft-kazakhstan-georgia-hotel-rents-airfares-2022-9

And Ukraine is fighting for its survival as an independent nation. That's why the travel restrictions are stricter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Not jumping on any bandwagon, just posting reality.  Where did I say anything about the inability of Russians to travel? You really need to do some research.  In just 15 days Russia lead all arrivals with 99,593 arrivals.  In the past 6 months 100's of Thousands of Russians have arrived in Thailand to escape the war etc.....

https://thainewsroom.com/2023/01/19/over-900000-foreign-tourists-came-to-thailand-during-jan-1-15-tat/

"TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn revealed that during Jan. 1-15 there were 99,593 Russians arrivals followed by 89,461 Malaysians, 76,057 South Koreans, 47,471 Indians and 41,863 Laotians. "

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So I’ve pointed out the logical flaw in your unsubstantiated opinion.

Just because your limited logic is incapable of having any other opinion than thats reported and having proof doesn't make others beliefs of what's going on behind the scenes and thinking between lines not valid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

That will give the Russians something to shoot at. Right now they can't stage an all out offensive as 45% of Ukranians are pro Russian , a fact western news media ignores.

That's not true. You need to provide a link. It is a fact that about that many Ukrainians speak Russian as a first language but that doesn't translate to being pro Russian. Zelensky's first language is Russian.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

That will give the Russians something to shoot at. Right now they can't stage an all out offensive as 45% of Ukranians are pro Russian , a fact western news media ignores.

Ahhh nope you are mistaken the Ukrainians russan speaker or not don’t take kindly to having their homes bombed wife’s and kids husbands killed and maimed no sir you are mistaken it’s a hideous miscalculation on the part of one mr Putin 

2 hours ago, rabas said:

I have long time Russian friends who recently arrived in Thailand after fleeing Putin's war of horror. They first fled to Georgia (remember the news about vast numbers of Russians fleeing to Georgia?) but decided to come here when their visa options ran out. They have never to Thailand before.

Do you know what they told me? Never believe anything from Putin's Russia, ever. It's all fake propaganda, even videos of old rural women saying kill all the Ukrainians. Probably good advice for you too.

It's quite a good example how to adjust one's ideas about a country according to a talk with people who run away their country.  What a surprise to find thousands (or hundred thousands) of those - among 150M - who are not excited by their leader. Especially when they have got a chance to live in such an easy - and warm - country as Thailand. Rather then to go into a muddy war. 

What about the millions of other foreigners who prefer to live in Thailand (and in other easy and cheap countries) than staying at their homeland under its - not so excited - conditions. But they (the other foreigners) had not escaped their beloved leaders who they are truly believer of, had they?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Saanim said:

It's quite a good example how to adjust one's ideas about a country according to a talk with people who run away their country.  What a surprise to find thousands (or hundred thousands) of those - among 150M - who are not excited by their leader. Especially when they have got a chance to live in such an easy - and warm - country as Thailand. Rather then to go into a muddy war. 

What about the millions of other foreigners who prefer to live in Thailand (and in other easy and cheap countries) than staying at their homeland under its - not so excited - conditions. But they (the other foreigners) had not escaped their beloved leaders who they are truly believer of, had they?

You must work for RT as a PR guy. Tell us some more of how Putin is loved by his countrymen and those in Ukraine. Also explain why this invasion was undertaken, and no don't say it was to remove the Nazi government.   I'll get some popcorn and await a reality based response. Norway is estimating 180k dead or critically injured Russians with 100k dead Ukrainians as well as over 30k dead civilians including women and children from war crimes understaken by Putin and his troops as well as his mercenaries.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

Unfortunately Russia has a lot of cannon fodder, and is employing mercenaries, as well, Putin will kill off all his criminals and poor people to keep fighting this illegal invasion of Ukraine. I call this Putin's war, and not as a compliment.

As another poster said, this war will likely continue until Putin is gone in some manner. IMO

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Unfortunately Russia has a lot of cannon fodder, and is employing mercenaries, as well,

Putin will kill off all his criminals and poor people to keep fighting this illegal invasion

of Ukraine. I call this Putin's war, and not as a compliment.

As another poster said, this war will likely continue until Putin is gone in some manner. IMO

Worst thing can be in the theatre on hold, the dam break would be catastrophic and power station reactors being hit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rabas said:

I have long time Russian friends who recently arrived in Thailand after fleeing Putin's war of horror. They first fled to Georgia (remember the news about vast numbers of Russians fleeing to Georgia?) but decided to come here when their visa options ran out. They have never to Thailand before.

Do you know what they told me? Never believe anything from Putin's Russia, ever. It's all fake propaganda, even videos of old rural women saying kill all the Ukrainians. Probably good advice for you too.

Unless Thailand is going to give them refugee status they will have to leave when their visas expire ( unless on indefinitely extendable visas ). How is that going to work out for your friends?

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You must work for RT as a PR guy. Tell us some more of how Putin is loved by his countrymen and those in Ukraine. Also explain why this invasion was undertaken, and no don't say it was to remove the Nazi government.   I'll get some popcorn and await a reality based response. Norway is estimating 180k dead or critically injured Russians with 100k dead Ukrainians as well as over 30k dead civilians including women and children from war crimes understaken by Putin and his troops as well as his mercenaries.

You are a good example how to debate. If do not like what the other says, the best to stick a label on him. 

Then, perhaps you will label also the old man Noah Chomsky after his remarks about war crimes and war criminals.