Australian man dies in what is believed to be road rage incident.

Social Media

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Banglamung – An Australian man who was an engineer died after a suspected road rage incident with a group of motorbike racers in the Pattaya area.

The Nongprue Police were notified of the accident last night (January 20th) at 11:30 P.M. on the Thung Klom – Tanman Road in Nongprue.

Police, emergency responders, and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find Mr. Graeme Foster, 59, an Australian national, lying near a power pole. He was unconscious and many bones were broken. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was tragically pronounced dead. Nearby, rescue workers found his damaged motorbike.

Mrs. Kittiyaphon Foster, 49, who is Mr. Foster’s wife, told Nongprue police that her husband was an engineer. Last night, Mr. and Mrs. Foster, along with their friends, were dining at a restaurant about one kilometer from the scene. At 11:15 P.M. they were heading back home. Her husband was riding his motorbike. His Australian friend was following him on a second motorbike. Mrs. Foster and her two daughters were driving in a car behind the two Australian men.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/21/australian-man-dies-after-suspected-road-rage-incident-with-group-of-motorbike-racers-in-the-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-01-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Edited by webfact

11 hours ago, Cricky said:

Wow, a cranky Aussie road user.

I thought it was only the Pom's that were always angry when driving on the roads in Thailand.

Maybe he was a dual citizen, like elderly Aussie/Pom who had the road rage incident which involved the gold shop owner on Soi Kophai a few years ago. ????

OMG, I think they got the nationality wrong.

I just read the news article and his motorbike was posted.

Aussies don't ride these embarrassing scooters, he must have been a Pom.

IMG_20230123_135915.jpg

Edited by Cricky
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Being sober on a motorcycle late at night is equal as dangerous, you might be sober but the rest is not.

Totally agree.

I also avoid rainy days and the heat of the day (too uncomfortable). ????

• Like 1