80 immigration police face charges for accepting money to extend visas for Chinese businessmen

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Cricky said:

Wow, all the way to the top.

Maybe not "all the way to the top."

The National Police Policy Board is chaired by PM Prayut. It is the Board that must approve promotion of police generals to national police chief. Prayut has been PM since 2014. Many times over the last several years Prayut has promised to eliminate government corruption. 

11 hours ago, fusion58 said:

That’s a whole lot of transfers to inactive posts! 

It’s a growing industry, but fortunately, when there, they don’t have to do anything productive. 
Still plenty of positions in the “moved sideways” vacancies. Rumour has it that new offices are under construction to house them. Of course many brown envelopes have been handed out for the contracts to construct them. 
Everyone is a winner in the BIB world. 

• Like 1

But, but, when I walk into a certain large supermarket chain in Thailand, owned by a certain powerful Thai-Chinese businessman, who many have said is actually secretly Chinese, it's practically China in there! Red lanterns and decorations everywhere, shiny red Chinese clothing for sale, Chinese sweets on display in fancy packaging right as you walk in the door, and Chinese music blaring out of the speakers wishing me a happy new year, over and over, as I had my coffee last week. I thought we were going all out Chinese? What gives?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

an official in Thailand taking a bribe  ?    I can't believe it    !!    Thai's are all so honest and true  !!

????:cheesy: ...... 

Yes that's outrageous.

Should be a recount.

Would be just one to throw under the bus then. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, realfunster said:

Hope there’s enough immigration officers left for Chaeng Wattana and Suvarnabhumi after Big Joke is finished with them

If all we have left after his efforts are the truly honest ones, I suspect there won't be enough to run a whelk stall!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Anything that comes out of the mouth of the biggest joke, cannot be taken seriously. He is a grandstanding, PR grabbing, nonsense spinner. 

The real problem is, they will not go after these guys. Not the top bankers, not the high ranking guys, not the provincial authorities, and certainly not the army, or the police. They are all corrupt beyond imagination. And the level of corruption simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go.

The police, immigration and the army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us.

The Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand (ACT) is one of the most feeble and ineffective of all the tools Prayuth has used to deceive the people into believing that he is fighting corruption. Who was the last high level authority, in the police, immigration, the army, or the active administration they arrested, charged, tried convicted, and sent to prison? Nobody. Zero. Nunca. Nada. Why? Because Prayuth has had a mandate from the beginning to do the very opposite. To protect the elite, the super wealthy who are guilty, those that are connected, and those who are in power.

Just think Dark Tao. Just think Red Bull. The list goes on, and on, and on. Only the most naive amongst us believe he or ACT secretary-general Mana Nimitmongkol are sincere about this. 

It barely matters. These guys are above the law. Any and all laws. The only time they are arrested is when it becomes big news, or it is reported internationally, and Thailand gets a ton of egg on it's face. And even then, it normally does not result in a conviction. Very, very few current (not former) police, immigration, customs, cabinet officials, army officials, or administration officials are arrested here, tried, convicted and imprisoned.

My guess is it is one of the lowest rates in the world. The corruption here is never ending.

Sounds like two other countries in this world who Thailand is in bed with.

• Like 1