UK diver’s death on Ko Tao resurrects myth which is harmful to efforts to promote Thailand abroad

webfact

9 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

For an Island the size of Koh Tau there are to many tourist deaths or Suicides. Something is not right.

The size of the island is totally irrelevant. For the number of tourist deaths to be statistically in line you have to look at the number of tourists.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/4/2023 at 6:18 PM, cleopatra2 said:

Like I posted earlier.

There is a witness . who is identified in the police report but never contacted by the police, who was present with C Annesley immediately prior to her death. The witness confirms that C Annesley did not mix medication with alcohol.

how did the 'witness' confirm anything if they were not contacted by the police?

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 5:10 AM, hotchilli said:

I'm sure the investigation will be thorough and the cause of death will be found via an autopsy which will be conducted in a very professional manner. 

By the technological genius who praised the fake bomb detectors. What scum!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

Plenty of Koh Tao apologists would like the world to forget about this French diving instructor and his connection to Koh Tao. They would also like the world to forget all about the diving instructors pictured here:

Virat Asavachin (aka Mr Ban) shot dead near Sairee Beach in early 2002;

Yoshie Sazawa (aka Sharlyn) ???????? vanished on 18 June 2004 and found 7 days later presumed murdered;

Alain Dolfen from Belgium ????????; and

Michael Spjuth from Sweden ???????? who founded BIG BLUE DIVING and died from head injuries suffered in motorbike ???? crash in December 2021.

Also worth mentioning Hiroshi from Japan ???????? who died circa 2002 immediately after participating in a “snorkel test” ???? on completion of his Divemaster course. 

SEVEN (7) diving instructors and Divemasters counted here. 

1319F80A-AEC6-4E45-AECC-748444676A2E.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spectator2020 said:

Plenty of Koh Tao apologists would like the world to forget about this French diving instructor and his connection to Koh Tao. They would also like the world to forget all about the diving instructors pictured here:

Virat Asavachin (aka Mr Ban) shot dead near Sairee Beach in early 2002;

Yoshie Sazawa (aka Sharlyn) ???????? vanished on 18 June 2004 and found 7 days later presumed murdered;

Alain Dolfen from Belgium ????????; and

Michael Spjuth from Sweden ???????? who founded BIG BLUE DIVING and died from head injuries suffered in motorbike ???? crash in December 2021.

Also worth mentioning Hiroshi from Japan ???????? who died circa 2002 immediately after participating in a “snorkel test” ???? on completion of his Divemaster course. 

SEVEN (7) diving instructors and Divemasters counted here. 

Forgive my maths, but I think that makes 6 dead people.

This French guy was found dead 120 km away from Koh Tao.  Does that cast suspicion on Koh Tao?

Alan and Michael dies in a motorbike crash.  Are you suggesting they were murdered?

Hiroshi died after a snorkel test.  Well, I think diving is a risky occupation wherever you are.

Yoshie presumably murdered.  Why 'presumably'?  What are the facts?

Just to add that I have never visited Koh Tao and have no plans to do so.

Edited by simon43
  • Like 2

Here's an idea, solve some of the actual murders! 

I get VERY twitchy, when they fly in super-cop Hakpan and his report is basically: "nothing to see here". There's got to be a cover up on the scale of Epsteins Island for reasons we're not being told. 

Remember this is the same crew who once got away with blowing a Cathay Pacific Airliner out of the sky.

Feel free to look it up. https://southeastasiaglobe.com/cathay-pacific-flight-cx700z/

Edited by chalawaan
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, simon43 said:

Right, he wasn't even on Koh Tao and was found dead 120 km away.........

The easy one to Answer is Simom43. Murder someone with a reputation like Kho Tau, you don't want the media descending on it so dispose the body miles away from Koh Tau. Its called Delectinig the blame.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

This French guy was found dead 120 km away from Koh Tao.  Does that cast suspicion on Koh Tao?

Alan and Michael dies in a motorbike crash.  Are you suggesting they were murdered?

Hiroshi died after a snorkel test.  Well, I think diving is a risky occupation wherever you are.

7 dead people if you count Jean-Francois Louet.

Hanspeter Suter was also a Divemaster so by including his name we get to 8. The novice diving students who died in avoidable accidents, Silje Mathisen and Rocio Gomez can be counted as 9 and 10 if you wish. 

Alain Dolfen was not killed in a motorbike ???? crash. He died after a night dive.

I have been told that Michael Spjuth had delays in receiving top medical care after his motorbike accident because people did not know he had health insurance. 

I created videos about Yoshie Sazawa but forum rules prevent me posting them here.

I hope I have addressed most of your issues. I am happy to be corrected about the issue of delays for Michael’s medical care. 

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

I hope they never sent him to Samui.

There does seem to be some discipline and structure amongst the controlling famalies of Samui, unlike Dark Tao. Since they banished the serial killer Nomsod, things seem to have improved a bit. Serial killing is very bad for tourism! 

7 hours ago, simon43 said:

You haven't visited the place, neither has Mr knowitall.

This death island myth is just that, a myth.

• Like 1

There is a reason Koh Tao has a reputation for tourists or Working nationals losing their lives for an Island that size. No one is spreading misinformation, figures speak for themselves. Investigations are laughable and simply disgraceful. As long as Koh Tao's image and reputation are kept in place anyone or anything that damages this reputation is dispelled as Suicide or Accidental with little proper investigation. What would happen to Koa Tao if Tourists were made aware of this island's reputation if they were unaware many unexplained Deaths occur there?.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Episode 6 of the DEATH ISLAND podcast is out now. It covers the well known death of BEN HARRINGTON in August 2012 and features an exclusive interview with Paddy Callaghan discussing the suspicious death of ANTHONY CARDULLO aka TONY LOTUS in November 2013. Tony was the founder of the iconic, lucrative and wildly popular LOTUS BAR on Sairee Beach, Koh Tao. 

Excellent podcast!! 

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cub21ueWNvbnRlbnQuY29tL2QvcGxheWxpc3QvZTczYzk5OGUtNmU2MC00MzJmLTg2MTAtYWUyMTAxNDBjNWIxLzYwYzRjODgxLTljNTctNGMwMC04MGU4LWFmYjcwMGZhMjEwZS9lMGVjM2JjYy04ZjA4LTQ2NTMtYTM0OC1hZmNiMDExOWVmZTIvcG9kY2FzdC5yc3M/episode/MDMwOWQxM2YtMTE2Yy00ZmExLWExMzUtYWZlZjAxNjY2NjNl?sa=X&ved=0CAYQkfYCahcKEwigzozA68f-AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

5D719810-52DD-40B4-9CA4-C84D745EB3EC.png

Edited by Spectator2020