True internet

Kwasaki

Try keep it short, we had True internet for quite a few years.

I understand that my wife sign up for a year in some kind of contract. 

Later in the second year we had trouble with internet cutting off every other day or so. 

Had engineers come out 3 times over a couple months.

We're told to unplug router and wait 5 mins and plugin again even that didn't work sometimes we just had to wait until it came on in it's own time. 

Anyway gave notice November  no want True internet anymore and stopped using internet at the end of December.

True wanted all the equipment back so I collected in that was in house but True wouldn't take it back from my wife until she paid more money. 

I don't understand contract Thai laws does anyone here know what True are trying to do. !!!!!

I told my wife take equipment back into local True office, leave it on the counter and tell them they are getting no more money. 

My wife said no can do.!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Sounds like True is billing you proportionately up to the date they disconnected your service instead of the date you ceased using it. That would be normal. It's also normal for them to request return of their (your) router, power supply plug and yellow cable.

We had the same issue of regular disconnections with 3BB Broadband. Engineers visited several times without improvement and finally we gave notice and switched provider.

Up to you whether you pay everything they demand. To clear your conscience you could try posting the equipment back to them?

Yeah thanks i will suggest that we send everything in house we have of True's by EMS post.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, UWEB said:

How long is your Contract running? If you have an one year contract you have to pay till the contract is expired.

We had True for 2 years, wife said she had sign to keep for 1 year minimum.

As stated in OP gave notice November and stopped using December.

6 minutes ago, UWEB said:

How long is your Contract running? If you have an one year contract you have to pay till the contract is expired.

That is a good question! The OP could try arguing that True had broken their contract by failing to provide a reliable service?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

You must already know that you are on a loser

After all ,- TIT

Just pay and move on.

I will not pay, up to what Mrs wants to do.

Like i said i don't understand how True can keep demanding money when we have had True over a year minimum gave notice and everything is paid up to date.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fugitive said:

That is a good question! The OP could try arguing that True had broken their contract by failing to provide a reliable service?

We kept True for over a year, so are you saying if we go into a second year the customer has to pay up to another year without further signature.

Don't make sense hence the ask. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I will not pay, up to what Mrs wants to do.

Like i said i don't understand how True can keep demanding money when we have had True over a year minimum gave notice and everything is paid up to date.

I can understand why you are aggrieved. You could ask them to provide a breakdown of how they arrive at the amount they claim is due from you? It could be that they didn't disconnect your service until later? As you gave sufficient notice that would be their problem and they shouldn't be requesting further payment.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

We kept True for over a year, so are you saying if we go into a second year the customer has to pay up to another year without further signature.

Don't make sense hence the ask. 

You (or your Mrs) would have to contact True to renew your contract (as you state). Otherwise your service would continue upon an 'out of contract' basis. In U.K. I was advised to always remain within contract which has two benefits; 1) As a 'new' customer you benefit by the introductory discounts e.g. a free month or half-price for 3 months etc. 2) Your router would be replaced free of charge if it fails.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to know what your wife signed on the contract you have to have it translated and see what you can do, the clauses on the contract are the only ones that are valid. Not complying with them will only cause you problems with the TRUE company.

• Thumbs Up 1

Many times Internet Provider ask you if you want to upgrade your Contract for free, but not telling you that with agreeing with the upgrade a new 1 year contract will start. Had the same problem a while ago. Ask your wife if she has agreed verbally to such an offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

I can understand why you are aggrieved. You could ask them to provide a breakdown of how they arrive at the amount they claim is due from you? It could be that they didn't disconnect your service until later? As you gave sufficient notice that would be their problem and they shouldn't be requesting further payment.

I'm OK thanks just don't like the Mrs listening or giving into an internet provider like True that didn't continue to provide a decent service. 

We are with AIS now at half the cost and no bother what so ever.

Yet. ????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

If you want to know what your wife signed on the contract you have to have it translated and see what you can do, the clauses on the contract are the only ones that are valid. Not complying with them will only cause you problems with the TRUE company.

Thanks I'll leave it up to the Mrs to deal with,   i was just asking why they are demanding money and not providing a service. 

• Like 1

If you are having problems with their service indeed and a company has some reliability problems probably due to lack of sufficient investment in their service, it seems to me that it is a private company.

I have been with TOT for many years and have never had any serious problems, if I lost internet and get it back within a short time of phoning them, but it rarely happens.

And I am very satisfied with their internet service.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Up to you whether you pay everything they demand.

A legal threat may serve as an incentive. I got a bill for about B600 and a legal threat from TOT 6 years after I'd cancelled my phone line. When went to pay it, even the TOT office ladies joked about it. They were quite nice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

We have true ID TV box, faulty. Guy comes and replaces it and takes old one away. Office ring up later and say they have no record of this old faulty one so the guy is bringing it back tell us to take it back to office ourselves. We gave up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I found in Thailand with any issues to do with complaining to a Thai person or company is a waste of time . And even if the Thai girlfriend gets in volved she always take the side of the Thai not a falang... And as for contact the Thai girlfriend won't or can't be bothered to read it and usually its not Thier money playing for it so they won't or don't argue for you.. I Found best try to do it all yourself in the first place even if you don't get it all you should be able to get the drift..... Or just pay. What they ask. Or could become a big problem ............

• Love It 1

10 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

I also have True, and I experienced since a few months a daily reboot of the router. At first no big deal not to have internet for a few minutes during restart. Then it became much more frequent. I googled the problem and found one of the reasons for random reboot was overheating of router. Dusted it off and since then no problem.

Router in a cool room, same as the AIS one we have now no problem what so ever with AIS so far. ????

I don't know about electronic stuff unless it's on a Motorcycle, I reckon the True line had too many people on it and True didn't want to spend money on putting another extra line cable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks I'll leave it up to the Mrs to deal with,   i was just asking why they are demanding money and not providing a service. 

Suspect payment is due until equipment has been returned and accepted (you already stated you used it in December).  The equipment itself may draw charges of misuse/damage (is there is a scratch anywhere).   As much as it hurts it is often best (for family) to bow out and let the wife take care of it (it is her contract).  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

I found in Thailand with any issues to do with complaining to a Thai person or company is a waste of time . And even if the Thai girlfriend gets in volved she always take the side of the Thai not a falang... And as for contact the Thai girlfriend won't or can't be bothered to read it and usually its not Thier money playing for it so they won't or don't argue for you.. I Found best try to do it all yourself in the first place even if you don't get it all you should be able to get the drift..... Or just pay. What they ask. Or could become a big problem ............

You miss the point, not my problem.

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

A legal threat may serve as an incentive. I got a bill for about B600 and a legal threat from TOT 6 years after I'd cancelled my phone line. When went to pay it, even the TOT office ladies joked about it. They were quite nice.

Thanks for that. I don't know if the Thailand mobile 'phone/Internet Service Providers have a shared database of defaulters or not. If they do it could restrict (or even prevent) you signing up with a different one. 

In U.K. I refused to pay for the remaining term of my broadband contract after disconnection. I received several threatening letters from a firm of debt collecting 'solicitors'. After a while they stopped sending them. I checked on-line and the debt (£150 GBP) had been written off. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Havnt read all previous. We had,a similar issue. Doesnt matter when you gave any notice or when you claimed to cease use. All they go by us the date you walk in with the equipment. Settle the account ther and then and thats it. Anything else will not work. Doesnt fit the little boxes they tick anf will just create unnrccesary hassle. BIG SMILE pay and leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, proton said:

We have true ID TV box, faulty. Guy comes and replaces it and takes old one away. Office ring up later and say they have no record of this old faulty one so the guy is bringing it back tell us to take it back to office ourselves. We gave up.

Sounds like a case of; 'Don't know and don't want to know'. Leave it for someone else to deal with. Very poor customer service.

Not True, but similar.
A few years ago, I was fed up with my Internet provider and one day people were putting billboards in the street advertising for 3BB speed Internet.
I took a go and subscribed for their package.
At first, their Internet was really fast.
But after a few days, a tortue goes faster as their internet.
I went back to the shop to make a complaint and showed them the printouts of the 3bb speed.
They sent people over and the answer from the technicians was that I was using an outdated notebook.

After a few days communication, I went to my lawyer and asked for her advice.
It seemed that the contract had printed in very small characters that if they could not meet the proposed speed, I was entitled to bring the whole stuff back and cancel the contract.
Which I did.

• Thanks 1