Pitbull attack: Mad dog attacks mum, son comes to rescue, dragged into cage and has intestines ripped out

webfact

Although tragic ,there’s still a frisson of Schadenfreude that an owner who negligently enabled the previous biting of 10 people without effective counter measures has now had a taste of his own (fatal) medicine.

There's no such thing as Karma,but were there to be…. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

That you’ve enabled  the dog to elevate its perceived standing by allowing it to sit on the furniture as an equal to humans illustrates a  lack of understanding in a fundamental of dog training. Does it share your bed too?

Where does it say I allow it to 'sit on the furniture'? She jumped on the chair when we weren't looking. As a good owner she didn't remain there longer than it took to take the picture. Nice try nchuckle

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marin said:

I really feel for the family and the deceased who died a horrible death. But dang they have big jockeys here. Add that to the small horses and well..........

The jockeys in Thailand are as scrawny and wiry as they are everywhere; he must have let himself go a bit in retirement.

Rooster

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There's one near where I walk in the mornings.

Runs out and slams against the fence every time I go past frothing and rattling the bars in a complete out-of-control frenzy. If it got out it would try to kill me, which is why I always carry a steel baton with me.

All dogs that try to attack passers by should be killed.

No matter what breed or size.

Sounds just like the one i pass on my walk too.These dogs aren't pets and in the UK and i presume in a lot of countries they are usually owned by empty-headed would be tough guys.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BostonRob2 said:

The jockeys in Thailand are as scrawny and wiry as they are everywhere; he must have let himself go a bit in retirement.

Doubled in weight is a lot more than a bit. Still feel sorry for him. 

11 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

"There is nothing such as a bad dog, only bad owners. "  

Rubbish!  Pitbulls are a banned breed in a lot of European countries, including the U.K., yet they are still being bred in the form of Pitbull crosses, or the latest "designer dog", the XL Bully, by backyard breeders.  The owners may well be bad, if the thuggish types that own them are anything to go by, but the dogs themselves are lethal.  Thankfully they are immediately euthanised if they kill a human being.

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

That you’ve enabled  the dog to elevate its perceived standing by allowing it to sit on the furniture as an equal to humans illustrates a  lack of understanding in a fundamental of dog training. Does it share your bed too?  ????‍♂️ 

That's why I only have cats.  They do all of those things and don't give a xxxx. ????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IslandLover said:

Rubbish!  Pitbulls are a banned breed in a lot of European countries, including the U.K., yet they are still being bred in the form of Pitbull crosses, or the latest "designer dog", the XL Bully, by backyard breeders.  The owners may well be bad, if the thuggish types that own them are anything to go by, but the dogs themselves are lethal.  Thankfully they are immediately euthanised if they kill a human being.

Interesting that is why I say for one reason a breed can’t be banned.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could put these thugs, criminals also who are covered in tattoos in jail instead ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Interesting that is why I say for one reason a breed can’t be banned.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could put these thugs, criminals also who are covered in tattoos in jail instead ?

I watched a programme on TV recently about the lengths people will go to to breed these types of dogs in the UK to circumvent the law.  Some of them were drug dealers and other assorted violent criminals ????.  They sell them for huge amounts of money and the transaction is usually done down the local pub.

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

How many examples do you need?

Well, agree.

"Instead of spending $10,000 to $15,000 for a trained Belgian [Malinois] or GSD [German Shepherd], they are now taking pit bulls from shelters and training them, and they are proving themselves to be amazing police and military K9s."

Dogs are selected from shelter Austin Pets Alive! and trained by Universal K9, before being placed in police departments around the country at no charge.

The New York-based Animal Farm Foundation provides a sponsorship to Universal K9 to contribute to the cost of the training. Since the program started two years ago, 11 pit bulls have been placed with police departments.

All for the sake of saving money. 11 Pit Bulls were able to be trained. So obviously, some are trainable.

The problem is to eliminate those Pit Bulls that have the instinct of biting and shaking whatever they were able to grab, and render someone handicapped.

Does not happen with German Shepherds. Which simply bite, and hold, without causing damage.

So how could these 11 Pit Bulls, saved from euthanasia perhaps, compensate for all these people, many of which children, were injured by so many Pit Bulls.

Just look at the pictures of injured people. from Pit Bull compared to German Shepherds.

I hope it does not happen to members of your family.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I have a dangerous dog, half Bang Keow half Shibu Inu. When people come to my house I put a muzzle on him or lock him in a room. He is a guard dog, he stay unmuzzled the  rest of the time. I've taken 2  of my daughters to the hospital after minor bites when he was young, but decided to train him better than kill him. If he had been a Pit Bull, my kids would have been seriously hurt. 

or dead ????

10 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Maybe ridiculous. But think how much better we would be if people were held responsible for their actions or inactions? You know you have a dangerous animal and you have encouraged it to be so. Then it gets loose and kills somebody. Pure negligence 

In the UK people have been jailed for having out of control dogs that fatally attack someone.

11 hours ago, jvs said:

So this dog is just a single purpose detection dog,nothing special.

Any dog with high drive can be taught this,it is just a game for the dog.

If only people who have a high drive dog of any breed would give it enough attention(work) then there would be a lot less trouble with aggression.

There is also the thought that an aggressive dog would make a good PSD,

not so.Many aggressive dogs are just scared.

The dog who killed his owner in this case should have been disposed of

after his first bite incident.

Now he killed his owner,once a dog is in that state of mind there is no

stopping it.

According to the op the owner was a big guy,95 kilo but i bet he was just very obese and not fit to fight of his dog.

Now a kind person is taking care of it?

Some people are very slow learners.

Yes we have a Bully who looks like a pitbull but genetically he is totally different.

IMG_20230209_101236.jpg

The Pitbull is a banned breed in the UK but the XL Bully is not.  Guess which breed is now killing children and adults, including their owners?  ☹️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I guess they didn't mind it attacking other people and didn't think it would attack them.  A tough lesson to learn.

They’re considered Family members! Many Thai people treat their pets better than humans. 

Edited by riclag

13 hours ago, amexpat said:

There sure are a lot of bad pit bull owners, then.

Very much the breed of choice for the "wrong sort".

Under educated, under achieving, irresponsible, unemployable, aggressive, petty criminal, brutal, desperate for "respect" but possessed of no human qualities that deserve it? ..........get yourself a Pitbull!

Mix and match those characteristics whichever way you like.......the end result is the same.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2