Indian Man Says he was Robbed of 44,000 Baht in Cash in Pattaya by Pickpockets

webfact

4 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Why would anyone be packing that much baht or any currency on them?

Probably going to buy a gold chain, the ones that are always being stolen from them by the ladyboys...  

Edited by baz69er
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The bare minimum survival instincts should discourage anyone from carrying more than a few thousand baht in cash, and no valuable jewelry, when out and about in a place as notoriously crime ridden as Pattaya. These are very simple laws for well being and self protection. Hard to feel too much sympathy. 

The exception might be if one is on their way to purchase a car, rent an apartment, do a major ganga deal, etc. 

Or bar fine a GoGo girl.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

44,000THB is not really all that much money... 

No its not, but even in 1000 notes itmakes a thick wad. I would have thought a lump that big would cause some feeling as it was removed from a tight jeans pocket.......

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The bare minimum survival instincts should discourage anyone from carrying more than a few thousand baht in cash, and no valuable jewelry, when out and about in a place as notoriously crime ridden as Pattaya.

There are lots of tiny small Thai woman who wears loads of Gold jewellery while walking all around Pattaya without fear of getting robbed.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

There are lots of tiny small Thai woman who wears loads of Gold jewellery while walking all around Pattaya without fear of getting robbed.

You know I believe that's true, I have never had any crimes committed against me in Thailand and I have been here for 16 years.

48 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

My Thai wife is not tiny at 171cm so she feels safe with her 1 baht gold bracelet and couple of gold rings when going to the local 7-11. But she wears the items discretely and does not flaunt her jewelry.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Mr. Surve, earlier in the evening he had gone to a convenience store on Pattaya Beach to purchase some groceries.

...with 44,000 baht in his pocket. It's quite amazing so much gold and money India tourists in Pattaya are wearing...:whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1

I doubt any insurance companies allow claim on loss of cash on a travel insurance policy, unless its specifically declared upon buying the policy.

once large amount of cash is declared, premium goes through the roof. so no insurance claim for these type of cash losses

4 hours ago, Grusa said:

No its not, but even in 1000 notes itmakes a thick wad. I would have thought a lump that big would cause some feeling as it was removed from a tight jeans pocket.......

What makes you think he was wearing tight jeans? None of the pics show that and unusual for Indian men....Embellishment or what?

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Do you think that is possible with cash from a pocket?

Not sure,     waste of police time  if its not  possible, another thread shows the India  guy holding a  police report paper

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

...with 44,000 baht in his pocket. It's quite amazing so much gold and money India tourists in Pattaya are wearing...:whistling:

they are part of the "rich or very rich" Indians arrivals that TAT has been bragging about for quite sometime  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What makes you think he was wearing tight jeans? None of the pics show that and unusual for Indian men....Embellishment or what?

Nor do they show that he wasn't. Anyway, never let the truth stand in the way of a good story. Social media 101.