Elder brother of apparent suicide victim claims Canadian bar owner murdered her in Phuket - Big Joke to get involved

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

The elder brother of a woman who it was believed had committed suicide went to a social action group to claim that a Canadian bar owner in Phuket actually murdered her.

He then claimed that the scene was manipulated to look like suicide.

Now it looks like the poster boy cop of the RTP known as Big Joke is set to get involved.

Wanwisa Rewklang, 31, was found dead apparently hanged by a curtain at a nail shop in Patong on the southern holiday island on February 8th.

Kriangsak Rewklang went to the founder of Sai Mai Tong Rort Ekkaphop Leuangprasert regarding his suspicions about a Canadian man named as "Landy" (name transliterated from Thai and possibly incorrect).

He said that his sister met Landy 4-5 months ago at the bar he owns and they got engaged.

She got a job at the bar.

Then they opened a nail shop together.

But on February 5th he said he got a call from his sister to say that she had been assaulted and imprisoned against her will, reported Siam Rath.

By 10pm she had managed to escape and he advised her to file a report of the crime with the police but only a daily report was made.

She also said that on February 3rd Landy had drugged her and videoed her. When she came round she had claimed that Landy had threatened her with putting the video online abroad, though she didn't know what had happened to her.

Friends contacted the brother to say they had found her at the nail shop hanging from a curtain and had cut her down and given CPR.

Police were slow to respond.

She was taken for autopsy at Vachira Hospital.

The relatives don't believe it was suicide. His sister has two children and a sick father to care for and wouldn't have abandoned them.

There were also discrepancies about the time of death. A second autopsy had been ordered at the Police Hospital to try and get to the truth.

Kriangsak also claimed that the Canadian had offered the family half a million baht to settle the case.

Ekkaphop said at a news conference yesterday that he planned to approach the deputy commander of the Royal Thai Police Pol Lt-Gen Surachate Hakpan to get justice in the case.

This is the policeman universally known as Big Joke who has been involved in many high profile cases, notes ASEAN NOW.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-02-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

9.  You will respect other members and post in a civil manner. Personal attacks, insults or hate speech posted on the forum or sent by private message are not allowed.

thought you had me blocked my man, carry on. Hit that report button hard. But, before you do, consider if it is a joke, an attempt at sarcasm or just plain satire.

Edited by n00dle
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 7:52 AM, arick said:

When I go to Florida I use the British passport 

I actual have never been it's one of the few places I have never been maybe it's from the photo of a older Quebec man bending over in a crowded beach showing is crack