British police head to Thailand over woman's 2004 Yorkshire Dales death

webfact

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

90 day report - surely there's no escaping that - because if there is then it's a waste of time for anyone to do them, ever.

So no need for the Blacklist then.

"Natorn also gave as examples of overstayers men involved in marriage scams, who con women they meet via the Internet out of money to pay “fines” for them after they arrive in Thailand, and drug smugglers who move narcotics through Thailand. Natorn stated, “[w]e are not always aware of how many of them are left running around since it’s too easy to enter this country, … .  So my intentions are to tackle this matter by re-enforcing this new policy for the security and for the sake of this country.”

https://www.loc.gov/item/global-legal-monitor/2016-04-06/thailand-blacklist-for-foreigners-who-overstay-visas/

23 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

Even if the investigation isn't advanced in any way, then at least a few policemen got a free holiday in Thailand courtesy of the British taxpayer. I wonder who they will send now that Dennis Waterman is dead. 

David Armitage was located in 2019 and denied any involvement in his wife's death.

According to Wikipedia.

I don't think they will have to look far. Maybe covid was the delay, and Yorkshire police methods of questioning are not as "thorough" as RTP.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

It is not difficult

That is it?! 

Like I said;  What The -deleted- were they doing for four years. Sitting aorund talking about how hard they had it as kids. This is a combination 4 yorkshire men & gumby's skit. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

From the BBC article:

A post-mortem carried out after she was found on 20 September 2004 failed to establish how she died.

There was no sign of violence and hypothermia was ruled out, but detectives could not answer two main questions; who she was or how she met her death.

Local people paid for her burial in the churchyard in Horton-in-Ribblesdale and she became known as The Lady of the Hills.

A cold case review was started in 2016 and scientific advances meant police were able to piece together a more detailed picture of who she was and came to the conclusion she had been killed.

Twelve year gap between the original post mortem, and "scientific advances" seems quite a long time.

Then another seven year gap for the UK cops to want to speak to her former husband.?

1 hour ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Well David Armitage, I bet you thought that after more than 18 years this was well and truly forgotten. However, if you are in any way responsible, remember, there is no statute of limitation in UK law with regards to murder or manslaughter …. and plod does like a cold case.

My advice to him, refuse to talk to the police.

They have no evidence, so don't give them any.

• Sad 4

19 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Please remember, COVID paranoia in Thailand kept access restrictions in place much longer than other countries.

Please rememeber, they had a year before covid hit to make a visit. They have had a year plus of no ASQ post lockdown to make a visit. Do not get me wrong, I undertsand the Yorkshire Constabulary had a lot of hard work to do. Lot of late night car door slamming in Kirkby Overblow & Sutton-upon-Derwent to police. Yet a sense of urgency seems lacking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1