Nikki Haley launches presidential campaign, challenging Trump for GOP nomination

Scott

image.png

Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley has announced her presidential bid in a new video released on Tuesday, a day ahead of her formal campaign kick-off in Charleston.

"I was the proud daughter of Indian immigrants — not Black, not white. I was different," she says as the video she tweeted, titled "Strong & Proud" opens featuring photos of her family.

She becomes the first Republican to challenge former President Donald Trump.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/nikki-haley-launches-presidential-campaign/story?id=97168476

abc.jpg

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I like Nikki- she has a compelling story, but still Mike Pompeo has the best CV for the job so far:

Military veteran, Harvard law, successful businessman, Member of Congress, CIA Director, Secretary of State.

What's not to love about the guy?

There will be a fair proportion of affected women who may not have your opinion. Pence also wants a nationwide, all state ban on abortion, in addition to a ban on the contraceptive pill.

And so the clown car begins to load up.

Well, JT, I'm trying to keep with your "everyone loves a fat man" approach to the GOP primaries.  Do you think losing so much weight has ruined Pompeo's chances?  If Nikki added a few inches to her hips would it up her chances?  :wink:

The nomenclatures collide sometimes: yeah she's conservative, but a female US president?  That's pretty damn progressive, no?

47 minutes ago, bendejo said:

And so the clown car begins to load up.

Well, JT, I'm trying to keep with your "everyone loves a fat man" approach to the GOP primaries.  Do you think losing so much weight has ruined Pompeo's chances?  If Nikki added a few inches to her hips would it up her chances?  :wink:

The nomenclatures collide sometimes: yeah she's conservative, but a female US president?  That's pretty damn progressive, no?

No. A woman from the.American fascist party is certainly not progressive.

Where did I say everyone loves a fat man?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Trump has a new nickname for him.

"White-boots Ron"

You can be sure this photo will be used by Trump, along with the photo of 23 year old DeSAntis partying with his 17  YO female students, or as Trump said, "Is this Grooming?"

rondesantisboots.jpg

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Haha 1

These lightweight candidates really stand no chance in the primaries. Even DeSantis has a 17 points deficit against Trump. Better chance to hope and wish for the worst of Trump. Bottom line is that it will be a lost cause for the Republican Party and probably the House in 2024. 

https://morningconsult.com/2024-gop-primary-election-tracker/

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Of course it's clear that the Republicans aren't going to nominate anyone I could support or even tolerate if elected.

An exception might be Hogan of Maryland who will probably run and if he does will definitely lose.

Curious, who would be on your short list of acceptable candidates for the GOP? 

If/when Joe gets underbussed, I could tolerate Corey Booker, Amy Klobuchar, Wes Moore...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Here career was boosted by Trump, who only picked the best people,  and now she thinks she's president material. 

What's wrong with that? Being asked by any president to take on an important role is an honour.  Trump certainly picked from a very diverse group of people for cabinet and other positions.