Wagner chief admits to founding Russian troll farm sanctioned for meddling in US elections

onthedarkside

image.png.244e6b95ed9e2dfecc2394c8ee79f8b1.png

Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the Russian private military company Wagner, admitted on Tuesday to founding the Internet Research Agency (IRA), a notorious troll farm that the US government has sanctioned for interfering in American elections.

A Wagner Telegram channel on Tuesday published a statement from Prigozhin, asking him to react to the suggestion that he was the founder of the agency.

“I react with pleasure,” Prigozhin said in the statement, “I’ve never just been the financier of the Internet Research Agency, I invented it, I created it, I managed it for a long time. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/14/europe/russia-yevgeny-prigozhin-internet-research-agency-intl/index.html

image.png.ebb81e8c34de4ff6fc8df67dfe3edca2.png

• Like 1

This news is few months old. And in that time it was reprinted by many. However, only few of them (not CNN) have quoted the full sentence saying it all: 

“I will answer you very subtly, delicately and I apologize, I will allow a certain ambiguity. Gentlemen, we interfered, we interfere and we will interfere. Carefully, precisely, surgically and in our own way, as we know how. During our pinpoint operations, we will remove both kidneys and the liver at once.”

Perhaps it was meant to remind the famous "disclosure" by Mike Pompeo, we cheated etc... 

26 minutes ago, Saanim said:

This news is few months old. And in that time it was reprinted by many. However, only few of them (not CNN) have quoted the full sentence saying it all: 

“I will answer you very subtly, delicately and I apologize, I will allow a certain ambiguity. Gentlemen, we interfered, we interfere and we will interfere. Carefully, precisely, surgically and in our own way, as we know how. During our pinpoint operations, we will remove both kidneys and the liver at once.”

Perhaps it was meant to remind the famous "disclosure" by Mike Pompeo, we cheated etc... 

Nothing to do with Pompeo. Prigozhin is admitting just now (yesterday), to meddling in the 2016 elections and Nov last year mid terms. 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Saanim said:

Do you make it a practice to skip over the first few paragraphs of articles? Because you seem not have notices this comment from the article which he said on February 14, 2023:

“I’ve never just been the financier of the Internet Research Agency. I invented it, I created it, I managed it for a long time. It was founded to protect the Russian information space from boorish aggressive propaganda of anti-Russian narrative from the West.”

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1