Polish man arrested on Samui on overstay "will die" says Thai wife - appeals to UN for justice

webfact

A post with a trolling meme has been removed.

A post with a link to a disallowed source has been removed:

16. The Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEAN NOW. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to the Bangkok Post, Khaosod, Pattaya Mail, Phuket News and the Thaiger publications will be deleted from the forum. These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not by ASEAN NOW. In rare cases, forum administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

Plenty of time for the tattooed buffoon to practise his Thai skills whilst in prison.

But Poland?! That notorious den of torture, genocide and pestilence ??!?! His cute wife's petition to the UN has every chance of succeeding. In the meantime, if she needs a shoulder to cry on, I'm here.

The UN office in Thailand has no authority regarding his stay in Thailand nor prevent extradition to Poland. As Thailand Human Rights Commission was barred in 2014 from the UN HRC, it will be a decision by the RTP/PM to decide the Polish man's fate. 

3 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

IDC is that bad?  Anyone been there?  

No and I hope I never have that pleasure. Some people have been n there for years because they have no money or relatives to help them get out. Don't even mention embassies. Totally not interested in helping.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thai law requires overstayers be deported to their country of nationality. However, it seems that this guy will be extradited to Poland rather than deported. What else can Thai authorities do with him in either case?  Wait for Canada or Australia to offer him political asylum?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

Don't want to ..keep it legal 

"Bangkok Hilton" is less crowded than Suan Phlu's IDC. Also nobody gives a <deleted> about health conditions of detainees - wrongfully accused africans got TB while policemen tried to blame they were part of "Black Dollar" criminal scheme. 

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I inagine the placrd 'PLEASE SAVE MY ATM' was not used

Which is probably exactly the reason she's "protesting". Then again he looks like a bad enough guy that some women would get obsessed with regardless of money. Either way she's unlikely to ever see him again. Best case scenario he goes to jail in Poland, worst case scenario he dies in jail. Either way barred from Thailand for at least 5 years (if they don't blacklist him completely). She'll move on the minute that sinks in, so maybe some of the posters seeking to give a "private consultation" will be able to in the not distant future. ????

• Like 1

Poland is not Russia I can only conclude that his life could be in danger as he has mixed with the wrong crowd back home and now his wife is in fear that her monthly allowances are about to come to an end maybe she should of made sure he didn’t abuse his education visa zero sympathy from me .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Dream on, that is a fantasy.

Well that's what they tell you on 'Cops' on Youtube.  :chitown:

How is guilt determined?

Legal guilt is entirely externally defined by the state, or more generally a "court of law".

On 2/15/2023 at 6:08 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

There does seem to be quite a few posters who would like to have sex with her, not  just you 

Did I say sex? Why can’t a Good Samaritan do what he does best. Then again one cannot predict what might happen if one wishes to return one’s good deed in whichever way one wishes to do so.