Russians are everywhere.

bob smith

18 minutes ago, Dogsredrocket said:

I loathe them and don't feel bad about it. They are rude, loud, standoffish and don't integrate. Every forum or social media platform seems to have a small minority of posters claiming unwarranted racism is directed towards them but the majority of people seem to thoroughly dislike them, Thai people included. I have no interest in my very expensive gym membership or using my developments pool because they have taken them over and are forever loud, rude and unfriendly. 

The question is what happens in 6-12 months from now when the savings run out and the Russians have no intention of leaving Thailand even though they have extremely limited employment opportunities. The running narrative is that most are well off professionals but I call BS. I have seen many that appear to be skint based on their rented or purchased motor vehicles. Wealthy people don't ride a bicycle or a 125cc scooter as their one and only means of transport.

Deport!

Many are walking as well........

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, rabiedabruce said:

They've all pretty much left Phuket after flooding the island. Good. Hope the next purported Chinese invasion falls flat too. Bring back faux vid.

Really? The Russians have all left Phuket? That seems a bit far-fetched.

I'm planning a beach holiday and am looking for somewhere not overrun with Russians. I like Kata but fear it will be full of them.

29 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I think you just described most expats on long visa, and those using agents to skirt the financials here, Along with most of the tourist ... ????

There were reports that many of the Russians in Phuket that had rented condos long term had purchased ED visas from agents, they were going for around 50,000 baht?

Elsewhere they were a bit cheaper to get, like everything Phuket seems a bit of a rip off?

7 minutes ago, Dogsredrocket said:

Personally I hope that immigration come down hard on schools playing games.

Why would they? They never have in the past.

This situation must be a golden goose for any dodgy schools, agents and immigration officers that are profiting.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's not forget how many Americans supported their wars of terror.

When Russia invades another country then people are like: How dare they do that. That is illegal. And why do their people don't oppose that war.

And when the USA does it, i.e. the unprovoked war in Iraq without the weapons of mass destruction. Then it's called supporting the troops and all that.

Same same, not much different. 

arton128203.jpg

Shhhh....don't wanna usurp the fanciful parade that they've enjoyed for so long. 

6 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Why would they? They never have in the past.

This situation must be a golden goose for any dodgy schools, agents and immigration officers that are profiting.

I doubt immigration will for that reason but have foreigners came here in such prolific numbers all at once before? They have already distorted prices of things in Phuket. Digital gonads and other expats that find themselves priced out of areas like Phuket may leave but there is also the option of moving down a rung and displacing working class and lower middle income Thais. I don't know how feasible that is but I imagine it would go down absolutely splendidly with the Thais.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Dogsredrocket said:

I doubt immigration will for that reason but have foreigners came here in such prolific numbers all at once before?

In addition to the Russian influx we're all playing catch-up after eighteen months of Covid - many people saved a lot of money as there were limited ways to squander disposable income and, in the UK, many small businesses actually made a killing thanks to the generosity of our government and tax-payers. A holiday in Thailand in the Northern European winter is very tempting.

My apartment contract expires next December and I'm hoping that things settle down before then otherwise I fear that my landlady will require a signiificant increase in rent.

Edited by London Lowf

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Personally, I was against the Iraq war but I wouldn't call people who support overthrowing a dictator who invades other countries and uses chemical weapons against his own people ignorant and stupid. The Russian war to "liberate" Ukraine from "neo-Nazis", on the other hand, is so blatantly false and immoral that you can't compare the two at all so I wonder what your true motivations are in trying to do that.

Obviously you can think long and hard about my motives.

But maybe there is not much to think about. It's just an example of people believing what their leaders and media tell them. 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's not forget how many Americans supported their wars of terror.

When Russia invades another country then people are like: How dare they do that. That is illegal. And why do their people don't oppose that war.

Had a dream
It was war
And they couldn't tell me what it was for
But it was something they could lie about
Something we could die about

6 hours ago, whereyougo said:

I'm in an all Russian condo complex in Jomtien for another month and despise them. Loud arrogent abusive and that's just the kids

Mum and dad could teach the Chinese a lesson in que jumping. 

You can watch them storm the baht buses from Pattaya to jomtien happy to trample children to get a seat ????

Try a taxi instead of a baht bus