My husband of 48 years keeps disappearing to Thailand and sending hundreds of pounds there every month - but when I question him he says it's 'none of my business'

webfact

22 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, I didn't suggest that he should do that .

Although I did say that he could do that , rather than going all the way to Thailand to do it 

Well, like I said: his choice.

Maybe he likes Thailand.

And, like he says, it's nobody else's business.

In every unconfortable situation in a couple, there is alway a bit of both at fault...well not always..but let's say very often,

Maybe it's too costly for him to divorce and he may loose it all ?

Or maybe she owns the house back home ?

Or maybe the whole story is just another huge fake initiated by the medias ?

Perhaps he is sending money to a thai gay guy and obviously in the deep catholic community with church and all,  back home, it's sort of embarassing to admit, as they have not been "woked" yet ?

20 hours ago, kwilco said:

Your attitude in that post is not mitigated by claiming you are being labelled - try another - misogynist. 

My response to that is :cheesy:x 100.

Seems like we have a wokester in the room, that thinks putting a stupid label on someone that says something THEY don't like will shut them up ( misogynist, racist, etc ).

Here's a thought- how about discussing the OP and not making personal attacks on other posters? The OP isn't about me, or any other poster that you disagree with.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hummin said:

Details is out of interest, because everyone speaks from their own experiences in this tread, as usual, with no care what is the reality ????

That's right, and is why a thread like this lasts more than one page. We all have a point of view, and because we are on here we wish to share them, anonymously.

No, no, no.  You've got it all wrong.  The man made a trip to Thailand, some time in the past, and has been enthralled with Buddhism.  He is probably sending hundreds of pounds a month to assist the temple building at his favorite Thai Wat.  Then he makes trips to Thailand to seek more spiritual bliss and to renew his energy.  I'm sure he likes to check on the progress of the construction that is going on at the Wat.  Yes, this is definitely what is going on.

19 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

His UK Wife disagrees with him about it be nobody else's business 

Yeah obviously, she announced it on national television, lol. She thinks it's the whole world's business!

I wonder how it would be accepted if he aired her dirty laundry for the world to see? ???? 

My guess is she hasn't slept with him in about 20-30+ years. Why else would he say his sex life isn't her business??

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 2009 said:

Didn't you suggest he use prostitutes in the UK, rather than Thailand?

Just wondering why that would concern you?

All the hookers that ever seen (usually on TV) in the UK and the USA, you wouldn't want to go with them at all, even for free,????!

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

Yeah obviously, she announced it on national television, lol. She thinks it's the whole world's business!

I wonder how it would be accepted if he aired her dirty laundry for the world to see? ???? 

My guess is she hasn't slept with him in about 20-30+ years. Why else would he say his sex life isn't her business??

You seem to have forgotten what the article said .

Sex wasn't mentioned at all , neither their sex life or his sex life was mentioned .

Have you been in a similar position to him ?

23 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You seem to have forgotten what the article said .

Sex wasn't mentioned at all , neither their sex life or his sex life was mentioned .

Have you been in a similar position to him ?

That's right.

Everyone is speculating that he went to Thailand for sex. That's what this whole thread is about.

All we know is he enjoyed holidays here and sent money over regularly. Maybe he was going to temples and making donations.

What's the problem?

Edited by 2009

10 minutes ago, 2009 said:

That's right.

Everyone is speculating that he went to Thailand for sex. That's what this whole thread is about.

All we know is he enjoyed holidays here and sent money over regularly. Maybe he was going to temples and making donations.

What's the problem?

The theory being that she is a human being with feelings and it hurts to see someone who you were intimate with for many years, maybe not physically in recent times, turn their back on you and look for fun and excitement and life elsewhere. It hurts. We don't know whether she drove him to it but even if she did the best way for him to deal with it is stand up and be a man and either separate or talk to her and see if they can come to a mutually acceptable compromise. At minimum try and build a lie that doesn't drag her feelings through the dirt. 

• Like 1

I actually know a British guy, around 70 years old, who has been behaving like this for many years. He tells his wife he's coming to Thailand to play golf. No idea whether she believes him or not but she's still with him.

His Thai 'Mia Noi' is no spring chicken herself and definitely not a looker! He funds her to run a small shop, bought her a house, gives money to her adult son etc. Totally baffles me!  He's a retired small businessman and I guess has enough money to support the circus.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:49 AM, Mac Mickmanus said:

This guy in  the story is being probably being unfaithful and spending money on prostitutes.

The guy in the story is at fault , not his Wife

Sending money every month? Sounds  like he is sponsoring someone.