Dutch pensioner in court trying to get 4MB+ back from Thai woman official who conned him into buying house and land

webfact

20 minutes ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

But there were clearly conditions. ALL financial transactions have conditions. She had no interest in marrying the guy and basically just ripped him off. If she were to have told him that up front would he have sent the money? No.

He was in a relationship which he hid, not the other way around.

My thoughts, how many people who sent money to a thia woman ever ever gets her money back, I don’t know of any. Actually, this lady could drag out the court case for years and years she has no money to get back. My prediction is the Hollyn man lost some money TIT

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

He is forgetting to tell that he was still in a relationship in the Netherlands when he send the money. Then the Thai women in Thailand found out about that and ended the relationship.

I'm sure there is more to this story we will never know. So let's not jump to conclusions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here is the thing. Change Thai Lady to, American Lady, Brit Lady, French Lady, makes not difference. The guy is a moron for any nationality. 
People believe social media way too much. I can say I am a banana on Facebook and someone will believe it. 
As for my “Thai Lady” we have been married for 47 years. 

I wouldn’t say every Thai woman in this country is bad. 
But in my experience three years living in Bangkok.  The majority of them seem to be.  Especially when it comes to foreigners.  They seem to have the mentality of the relationships are based on material things.  How much they get.  Not actually being with the man for who he is.  Dont get me wrong.  I know a woman wants stability .  But there is a difference of stability and materialism. 
I actually know two Thai people in the states.  One is a female, the other a male.  Both lived in Thailand growing up.  But have lived  and work in the states for many years. 
They both say Thailand is a very materialistic society now.  And people will say western societies are like that. Well I have been attempted to be taken advantage of.  And lied too.  In the three years living here,  than my whole life living in the states. That’s why in a few weeks I will be moving from this LOS. And returning to the West.
I do see some posts on here of foreigners happily and successfully married to Thais.  For the most part.  Most of them have been married ten years or more.  And I commend them.  Maybe things were different back then. 

22 minutes ago, wazzupnow said:

only way to have a good relationship in thailand

you let her buy the house in her name you pay the morgage

let her buy a car in her name you pay the lease

that way when you go she looses house and car

she will try to make you happy forever

Oh! Darn it.  My wife paid cash for her condo.   Her cash, not mine. 

Edited by radiochaser

A "rip-off" is an exorbitant charge for something actually a lot less than its worth. If it is a scam, he can argue (if he has evidence) that he was lured under false pretenses into an "arrangement".

For this case to succeed he will have prove to the court that a crime has been committed. As far as I can see, they agreed they would marry but the relationship failed - who knows? - maybe she found out he was already married - she would have the right to decide against the marriage and it is as much a situation she has a case herself to have answered.

She has agreed they can talk about B3-400,000 as a "settlement". I think I would go for that, then no lawyers involved or any other expenses that would eat well into the difference of his claim for 4MB.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

his money - that he had borrowed from friends and a relative and the bank

To me this is way worse than the actual decision of sending the money to the girl.

If you're 62 and sort of broke, how come you are borrowing money to buy of all things a house in Thailand that won't ever be yours? And a quite fancy one if we're talking 4M upcountry.

At that age, if you are single and don't have 4M spare, that should be a no brainer. Never use all the money you have to buy anything, let alone the money you don't have.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FarangFB said:

To me this is way worse than the actual decision of sending the money to the girl.

If you're 62 and sort of broke, how come you are borrowing money to buy of all things a house in Thailand that won't ever be yours? And a quite fancy one if we're talking 4M upcountry.

At that age, if you are single and don't have 4M spare, that should be a no brainer. Never use all the money you have to buy anything, let alone the money you don't have.

The power of punami!

What the hell is wrong with the guys who keeps doing this?

IF the woman wants a house, then make the 10-year loan down-payment for her. At least she will stick around for the next 10 years and you will minimize your losses.

Paying 100% is just plain STUPID! 

5 hours ago, Sharp said:

He'll probably win due to media exposure (At the court) but unless she has assets it a paper win only!! 

Agree, although I know of a guy who had his card fraudulently used by his girlfriend.

At the time, he had returned to his homeland, but she had his card and his pin number without his knowledge, and she was withdrawing the funds everyday, he thought he misplaced it at home when he got back, it's only when he got his bank statement and saw all of the daily withdrawals, that he put a stop on his card and contacted the police over here.

She pleaded that she didn't have the card and didn't use his card, but the CCTV cameras at the ATM's don't lie, his lawyers proved his case, she was offered the opportunity to give him the money back before sentencing, after being shown the CCTV footage, she withdrew some 5 million baht, but refused the courts offer and said would take what the court sentence would be.

She got 20 years, no doubt will be out in less than half that with good behaviour, that said, 5,000,000/10 years is 500,000 baht per year, about 16 times more than she could earn over that same period working for 300 baht per day x 5 days per week.

Now let's assume that she purchased some land in her parents name, what would that land be worth in 10 years, lets say it went up by just 10%, there's another 500,000 so she is miles ahead, i.e. if she didn't blow it all, but I heard her brother was driving a new car, so who knows where it went.

As for the guy who got done over, he was happy with her being behind bars.

• Thumbs Up 1