Dutch pensioner in court trying to get 4MB+ back from Thai woman official who conned him into buying house and land

webfact

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

Lots of negative posts from wimps who would accept being conned without the guts to fight back.. He has a good chance in the thai civil court of a settlement and i hope he wins

I agree ! Nothing ventured nothin gained !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, itsari said:

Since you are so sure of the outcome why not start a book .

I am not so sure .

There was a case of a Danish man who managed to recover his money from a Thai woman through the civil  court and i am quite sure there are other cases as well .

I believe the Danish man was married? 

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

" He said: "We want to make an example of this Thai woman who has ripped off a foreigner. It's a negative image for Thailand."

To me,   this sentence adds a slight 0.0001%  support to his case ....   nothing else really matters as she can state in court that it was a gift,  and the court have to abide by that.  Don't you think she will have the best lawyer in town also,  and how many time has this senario been played out ?   hundreds if not thousand,  so I doubt it will go in his favor otherwise it could be seen as opening the flood gates. 

She already admitted to receiving the money claiming it was only 300 000-400 000, but his lawyer provided evidence it was 4 million.

So case is much easier than you trying to make it out to be.

Problem is, even if judgement goes in his favor, it does not mean he gets the money back, because she could have already spent it or hidden it.

But to stay out of jail, she will return some, most likely what she said 300K-400K and that will be it

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

Pete ...... i'm sorry to rain on your parade but TIT ... you've got two chances of getting your money back ... Buckley's & none ....   imo

If his lawyer is unable to win the case he could be nicknamed Star Wars and constantly referred to as "Oh that wan ka Nobi"

Edited by PETERTHEEATER
  • Haha 1

If all those naive guys would just be patient and not just take the first “isaan teerak” they meet, thinking it’s genuine and eternal love, those stories would happen less frequently.

always funny when i am with my wife in europe and some people can’t believe that a Thai woman can  have a doctor’s degree, a well-paid job and perfect english ???? 

Just now, Smokey and the Bandit said:

In the 'real' world you would certainly think so?

I assume you mean Thailand is a backward country with no civil laws available when someone wants to take a lend of you . 

I don't agree 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, itsari said:

Since you are so sure of the outcome why not start a book .

I am not so sure .

There was a case of a Danish man who managed to recover his money from a Thai woman through the civil  court and i am quite sure there are other cases as well .

If I remember correctly, that case was a divorce case, and the end result was the woman got the house and the man got a used car.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SpanishExpat said:

If all those naive guys would just be patient and not just take the first “isaan teerak” they meet, thinking it’s genuine and eternal love, those stories would happen less frequently.

always funny when i am with my wife in europe and some people can’t believe that a Thai woman can  have a doctor’s degree, a well-paid job and perfect english ???? 

Europeans can not believe a Thai woman has a doctor's degree ?

I am not sure what part of Europe you are referring to and what type of person you are referring to  but I disagree .

But how educated and low or high class you are has no bearing on your risk of being fleeced .

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, itsari said:

I assume you mean Thailand is a backward country with no civil laws available when someone wants to take a lend of you . 

I don't agree 

You believe what you want to believe?

I am certainly not suggesting Thailand is 'backward' and it does have civil laws, but sometimes things that you would think are logical and the outcome would be common sense, don't seem to happen in Thailand?

But, no doubt, we shall see?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Smokey and the Bandit said:

I am certainly not suggesting Thailand is 'backward' and it does have civil laws, but sometimes things that you would think are logical and the outcome would be common sense, don't seem to happen in Thailand?

Yes, I agree , we shall see in good time .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

There could be a case to answer on section 96 of the land ownership act where plaintive and the defendant  could end up in problems

Just now, itsari said:

Europeans can not believe a Thai woman has a doctor's degree ?

I am not sure what part of Europe you are referring to and what type of person you are referring to  but I disagree .

But how educated and low or high class you are has no bearing on your risk of being fleeced .

I said “some”, not all Europeans.. But it’s a fact that Thai women are still seen a poor/ uneducated and just looking for a well-off white guy by folks who never have been to Thailand before. 
Same as many idiots back in Europe still roll their eyes, if they hear of expats moving to Thailand. 

6 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

I said “some”, not all Europeans.. But it’s a fact that Thai women are still seen a poor/ uneducated and just looking for a well-off white guy by folks who never have been to Thailand before. 
Same as many idiots back in Europe still roll their eyes, if they hear of expats moving to Thailand. 

Yes, I agree that European women frown on men wanting to live in Thailand.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A summons was issued for Valentine's Day that the woman did not respond to.

A second summons will be issued next Tuesday regarding alleged fraud.

How about an arrest warrant... she has ignored a summons by the court.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SpanishExpat said:

I would actually prefer to marry an “Isaan” uneducated woman, than a Hi-So well-educated Thai woman with loads of connections… I am sure the last could do much more damage, if she wanted to steal from you.

But of course if you are just plain stupid, like the guy in the article, it’s irrelevant…

• Thumbs Up 1

I have meet lots of wonderful Thai women... and most had their own property... there is no reason to HAVE to buy some Thai female a house and land or even get married... my second home is in Cambodia, which is a small farm close to the Thai border (hate the idea of Thai visas and the restrictions on what you can and cannot do)... I never paid for any land and I have what I can call a third home in Udon - lovely family who look after my Thai motorcycle and I have my own room and offer me everything and never ask for anything.... there really are so many amazing Thai ladies out there... some with businesses many with their own homes.. I guess they are older (but really attractive as only Thai girls can be), maybe more than 40, but if you are 60 +... then you are fooling yourself going for a 20 something girl...

Edited by milesinnz

15 minutes ago, khunpa said:

I would actually prefer to marry an “Isaan” uneducated woman, than a Hi-So well-educated Thai woman with loads of connections… I am sure the last could do much more damage, if she wanted to steal from you.

But of course if you are just plain stupid, like the guy in the article, it’s irrelevant…

Well there is something in between, and YES there is an emerging middle class in Thailand. Educated and doctor translates as ambitious for me, not necessary hi-so.

All those Problems like in that guys Story root in financial problems and greed from the women’s side. True you can be scammed by Thai women of any Social class.

However,  a certain level of education and a decent own income of the Woman put the financial aspect within the relationship more  in the background. Educated Thai women being financially Independent also don’t choose the First available westerner, as they don’t need it. That’s why so many Business women in their 30s are still Single Here in Bangkok.

that’s why it amazes me why so many western guys choose thai women here with who they have 0 similar interests , without being able to communicate properly and all those regular Basic Problems. 

Edited by SpanishExpat

7 hours ago, Sharp said:

He'll probably win due to media exposure (At the court) but unless she has assets it a paper win only!! 

Very good point. Any civil court judgment is only any good (beyond the publicity and personal satisfaction) if it can be enforced. A judgment debt with a debtor who has no cash to cough up nor assets to sequester is in practical terms a pyrrhic victory.

Of course fraud is a criminal offence even in Thailand 555, conviction leading to a prison term (and possibly a compensation award). In that as the victim Peter is just a prosecution witness.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was once talking to a well travelled Thai guy about some money I had used to buy a motor bike for a Thai girl who then  left me. We were talking about getting the bike or money back and I think he came up with the perfect answer. He said do you think you could get a chicken back you had just given to a hungry crocodile. 

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

What the hell is wrong with the guys who keeps doing this?

IF the woman wants a house, then make the 10-year loan down-payment for her. At least she will stick around for the next 10 years and you will minimize your losses.

Paying 100% is just plain STUPID! 

I have a Thai friend living os who has a Thai friend in Thailand, recently divorced (insert random excuse), and because she has 2 young kids and needs money to raise them, went on a dating site and then got 2 guys sending $100/£100 per week quickly

Didn't think there were that many desperate and stupid guys out there.....