Ivermectin not effective in treating Covid-19, joint Mahidol-Oxford study shows

webfact

1 hour ago, connda said:

Neither myself or my wife have had Covid.

Good luck to you and your wife.

We all know one size doesn't fit all, so it's about choice and who would I be to call you an anti-vaxer, your choice not to take the vaccine.

Regarding Covid, both my wife and I had Pfizer (2) doses for her and (3) for me, we both had Covid, but didn't know it as it was that mild.

How did we know we had Covid, well I heard that a mate contracted it, he is in his 70's so has a decade on me and 3 decades on the wife. 

When I saw him, I said hey, I heard you had Covid, what were your symptoms and he told me of his symptoms, that said, the only one I could relate to was the headache that was at the back of my head, same with the wife, but we thought that was just the usual headache that also makes your eyes sensitive to the sun.

We are fairly fit, take our vitamin D, C, Zink, and other vitamins daily, eat well and exercise, so that could be why we didn't really notice that we had Covid.

Perhaps you have had it and didn't know, suffice to say, if we didn't take that test which showed the 2 faint lines, we wouldn't have know that we had it.

For the record, we won't be getting any further Covid shots due to the virus being weak, however if it became similar or worse than one of the previous strains (Delta), then I wouldn't hesitate, that would be my decision, and I am aware of all the BS that goes around on both sides of the fence, fact of the matter is, the vaccines didn't cost me anything, and I am still here breathing, till when is another matter.

Like you say, it's about choice, and we ALL have to respect each others choices, not bash each other about the head because of choices.

I don't know of anyone who has passed because of the vaccine, but I do know someone who passed because of Covid, she was 87 and unvaccinated by choice, and I respect her choice.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Like you say, it's about choice, and we ALL have to respect each others choices, not bash each other about the head because of choices.

I don't know of anyone who has passed because of the vaccine, but I do know someone who passed because of Covid, she was 87 and unvaccinated by choice, and I respect her choice.

I agree it is important that people are given a choice and should be able to refuse treatment BUT choices have consequences. And it gets complicated when someones choice impacts others. Same as drunk driving. I don't care if one drinks and then dies because they drive into a tree. What I do care about is that they are endangering other people while doing so.

I think the key word is responsibility. Be free to do something but do it responsibly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

I agree it is important that people are given a choice and should be able to refuse treatment BUT choices have consequences.

Agree, however, we have now found out that we had been lied to by ALL governments telling us to take the vaccines to stop the infection spreading.

There has been no evidence to support that, that said, if there is no evidence that the vaccines stop the spread of infections, then people should have the choice to decide whether they should take the vaccine or not.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, as mentioned, I have been vaxed 3 times, I also would have thought twice about being vaccinated if I knew that it doesn't stop the virus from spreading.

Even though I have had just about every vaccine imaginable over my years on this earth, they were always by choice, e.g. Dr's explaining to me, the benefits and the downsides, however we all know Covid vaccines were rushed, and lots of lies were told, so I don't believe we all had choices in that regard.

Do I regret getting vaccinated, no, do I regret believing governments and big pharma, so far yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your an antivaxxer. You are aware that any medications and vaccines can cause people to have reactions to them right? 

That’s a big jump……from someone saying ivermectin works to that person being an anti-vaxxer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

That’s a big jump……from someone saying ivermectin works to that person being an anti-vaxxer

Where did I say ivermectin worked for covid. Read my posts again and your trolling with your comment.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/nov/03/how-anti-vaxxers-and-ivermectin-advocates-have-co-opted-local-news&ved=2ahUKEwjpysz22a39AhX0SmwGHYDIBF8QFnoECBoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3IzMJTkeBtGG-l5Wailcf_

Edited by ThailandRyan

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The study that was published on the peer-reviewed eLife medical journal found that high doses of the drug ivermectin, controversially recommended by some high-profile political and media figures during the pandemic, is ineffective at treating the virus.

Well who'd have thought that, high-profile political figures and media figures not knowing what they're talking about.

55 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I don't remember the government of my home country Germany claiming that. The overall consensus was always that vaccines help both reduce the severity of the disease as well as reducing the spread. They did not claim it would stop infection completely.

That's nothing new, that's how vaccines always worked. And hey for some minority of people they even cause serious issues. It's all a statistical game of big numbers. I have no doubt they helped a lot and are definitely a net positive. Always be sceptical of absolute claims.

on the very beginning, just before the release they discussed that this vaccine is 90% that vaccine 95% effective for protecting you from getting the virus. Later for a long time they claimed that it helps to reduce the spread and that was the reason for the vaccine mandates.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, h90 said:

on the very beginning, just before the release they discussed that this vaccine is 90% that vaccine 95% effective for protecting you from getting the virus. Later for a long time they claimed that it helps to reduce the spread and that was the reason for the vaccine mandates.

Link....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I had Polio vaccine, and never caught polio, tetanus vaccine, and never caught tetanus, whooping cough vaccine and never caught whooping cough ........ that's how I expect vaccines to work.

Also had COVID vaccine x2 and caught COVID 2x.

So I would dispute your claim that vaccines aren't expected to stop you catching the disease.

You didn't understand what I said. I said there are no absolute guarantees that they stop it 100%. Of course they reduce it. And the amount of reduction depends on the virus, the vaccine and the person amongst numerous other factors.

You fell into the exact trap I mentioned: jumping from anecdata to absolute expectation or claim.

56 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I followed all the rules and still caught COVID 2x, masks and vaccine totally ineffective IMHO.

Here another example of what I outlined above. "I got vaccinated and wore a mask but still got covid and so vaccines and masks are useless.". No, that's not how it works. And I'm not going to explain it again.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

IMHO the 'you must take the vaccine and wear face masks' claimants have been far more vociferous than the anti-vaxxers ever were. Not to mention Google/Facebook/Twitter et al censoring the anti-vaxxers and promoting the vaxxers.

Anti-vaxxers appear to have no wish in imposing their wills on pro-vaxxers.

They just want to be left alone, their bodies, their choice.

The difference between the two factions is who has the facts on their side. Of course anti-vaxxers wish to impose their point of view on others. Otherwise they wouldn't spew their wild claims over and over. For example claiming that ivermectin can help treat covid-19. They have their own agenda and want to advance that.

People were not forced to get an injection and as explained earlier, choices have consequences for others too. You don't live in an isolated bubble without effect on others.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

There was anecdotal evidence that vaccinations saved all their lives or at least didn't let them get very ill and hospitalised. Why do you reject that anecdotal evidence?

So much for basic fact checking.....

26 minutes ago, h90 said:

This is a misunderstanding on your part. I marked bold the part that you added. The real claim stops at "90% effective". It does not mean that it protects you with a 90% chance from getting the virus. The percentage is the vaccine efficacy which defines the relative rate of contracting the disease and NOT the rate of getting infected with the virus nor the rate of spreading it to others.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_efficacy

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I followed all the rules and still caught COVID 2x, masks and vaccine totally ineffective IMHO.

Masks have limited use IMO but are better than nothing at the height of a pandemic - they are not the suit of armour that the Thais think they are. I am happy to believe that the vaccine may have limited the effects of the virus when I caught Covid.

58 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

So much for basic fact checking.....

The OP is facts.

53 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Here we go again with the "anti vax" rubbish! Maybe try and take a look out of your echo box. Things have changed, try looking up this figure 1/800 injured/killed (really shocking figure now emerging from government agencies). It is and always has been accepted that it helps fight viral infections for many years (well up until 2021). Vitimin D3 is now proven in several peer reviewed papers greatly improves immune defense. One can now go on and on. Masks that were known (with many peer reviewed papers written) pre 2021 not to stop a virus due to its size, masks have other purposes. Maybe it's time to stop the slurs or change from anti vaxer to informed and vax fans to the uninformed. It is upto the individual not the collective "We are not Borg".

Perhaps try producing a link so we can fact check your anti vax claims? It's mandatory if you want to comment here.