Ivermectin not effective in treating Covid-19, joint Mahidol-Oxford study shows

webfact

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I followed all the rules and still caught COVID 2x, masks and vaccine totally ineffective IMHO.

We aren't interested in facts. It's against the rules to make a factual claim and only produce IMO as evidence.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

No evidence Ivermectin is effective against Covid. Low confidence:

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD015017.pub3/full

No evidence masking is effective at the population level against Covid. Medium confidence:

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006207.pub6/full

There's no conclusion as to whether masks are effective or not.

"There is uncertainty about the effects of face masks".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The OP has a high degree of confidence in the ineffectiveness of ivermectin along with a zillion other studies.

There's about 2 zillion studies which demonstrate the effectiveness of masks but you have cherry picked one which claims not to know. Go figure.

Masks are off topic in this thread about ivermectin.

With statements like that you clearly don’t trust evidence based medicine then.

Both Cochrane reviews are equally valid. 

Cherry picking is not a correct term for a Cochrane review, which is in fact as you’d know, a review of multiple existing studies. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There's no conclusion as to whether masks are effective or not.

"There is uncertainty about the effects of face masks".

If he had bothered to read the Cochrane authors comments he would have seen that exact sentence, but like those with closed minds he did not.

Edited by ThailandRyan

6 hours ago, Denim said:

Both wife and I triple vaccinated. She got covid as she has an active social life. Felt a little rough for two days.

Despite continuing to live and sleep together as normal I didn't get covid from her. Still not had it.

Anecdotal evidence is not worth a hill of beans.

Hmmm,  maybe you had it and were asymptomatic and never knew it ?

42 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

With statements like that you clearly don’t trust evidence based medicine then.

Both Cochrane reviews are equally valid. 

Cherry picking is not a correct term for a Cochrane review, which is in fact as you’d know, a review of multiple existing studies.

The cochrane review claimed low certainty in stark contrast to the many, many studies which claim a high degree of certainly, including the OP. Those links have been posted in other threads previously.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

If he had bothered to read the Cochrane authors comments he would have seen that exact sentence, but like those with closed minds he did not.

Read every word . With an open mind.

Based on both Cochrane reviews, which are the best evidence based based medicine studies we have-  there’s no clear evidence either Ivermectin or mass masking is effective against Covid.

Based on the evidence, my Opinion is neither is effective. 

Based on the evidence,  your Opinion is masks are effective but Ivermectin is not. 

Is your mind open? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anrcaccount said:

Read every word . With an open mind.

Based on both Cochrane reviews, which are the best evidence based based medicine studies we have-  there’s no clear evidence either Ivermectin or mass masking is effective against Covid.

Based on the evidence, my Opinion is neither is effective. 

Based on the evidence,  your Opinion is masks are effective but Ivermectin is not. 

Is your mind open? 

There's a mountain of evidence better than the Cochrane evidence which admits it isn't certain.

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Hmmm,  maybe you had it and were asymptomatic and never knew it ?

I doubt it. Took three home tests ...all negative. The only precaution we did take was at bedtime not using the air con, opening the window and keeping to our own half the bed , back to back to avoid breathing in each others face.

Possibly covid 19 has an aversion to anyone steeped in Lao Khao. Who knows.

Edited by Denim

1 hour ago, Denim said:

I doubt it. Took three home tests ...all negative. The only precaution we did take was at bedtime not using the air con, opening the window and keeping to our own half the bed , back to back to avoid breathing in each others face.

Well alcohol does kill the virus.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I followed all the rules and still caught COVID 2x, masks and vaccine totally ineffective IMHO.

I followed all the rules, got 2 vaccines in Thailand and 2 in Canada and didn't get Covid. Worked like a charm IMHO

So your example is a single data point as is mine, and completely anecdotal

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

The home tests only really detect symptomatic covid plus you've probably had an asymptomatic case some time over the past three years.

18 hours ago, connda said:

"You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."
"If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

- US President Joe Biden, CNN Townhall, June 2021

“Our data from the CDC today suggests that vaccinated people do not carry the virus, don’t get sick.”
CDC Director Rochelle Walensky in CNN interview, April 2021

Both references were about the initial Covid strain, and the first vaccines.

But, you knew that already.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, ozimoron said:

We aren't interested in facts. It's against the rules to make a factual claim and only produce IMO as evidence.

....or numerous other factual material that contradicts the establishment and conventional narrative - most of which, most buy into and absorb as gospel. 

Dumbing down is as dumbing down is.

A twitter misinformation post has been removed:

18. Social media content is acceptable in most forums. However in factual areas such as but not limited to news, current affairs and health topics, social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source

9 hours ago, still kicking said:

I had 4 Pfizer ones getting 1 more in a few weeks never had Covid as well also had the flu shot every year never had the flu for 20 years 

About every 10 years, I get sick as a dog after a flu shot. For a month.

I am okay after getting the Covid vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1