Khaosan pub security guard fired for allegedly assaulting foreign tourist

webfact

Pub Guard Blasted For Slapping, Handcuffing Foreigner
by TNR Staff

image.jpeg

A screen-grab images of the pub guard slapping and questioning the tourist. The Thai headline in above photo says, “I did not steal.” Photos: Amarin TV

THAI netizens heavily criticised a guard at a pub who was seen in a video clip posted on a Facebook page slapping and handcuffing a foreign man while accusing him of theft which the latter, who spoke Thai, denied, Amarin TV said.

The Facebook user, Esornews2, said in the message, “Even as the foreigner was trying to explain it appears the pub’s guard did not listen to him and both threatened and slapped him in the face … this group of people should not be allowed to behave loutishly and damage the reputation of the country… a famous pub in Khao San.”

The Facebook user added that lawyers and police have to be asked what right did the guard have to handcuff the tourist and whether this was wrong while mentioning that the guard only had the right to catch him and send him to the authorities with no right to physically assault anyone.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/02/26/pub-guard-blasted-for-slapping-handcuffing-foreigner/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-02-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Pub Bouncers in Bangkok Fired After Handcuffing and Slapping Foreign Pubgoer

By Tanakorn Panyadee

image.jpeg

Bangkok — Pub bouncers in Bangkok have been fired following a viral video recording that appeared to show the bouncers handcuffing and slapping a foreign male customer in the face over a trivial misunderstanding.

The viral incident happened at The Club Khaosan located on Bangkok’s well-known walking street of Khao San Road. It was recorded by a Thai passerby who later posted the recording on social media on Saturday night, February 25th.

In the footage, two security guards from The Club Khaosan were seen arguing with a male foreigner about a bottle of water that the man had drunk. The guards said the man drank the water without paying, however, the foreigner claimed he thought the water was free.

The argument then turned violent when the two bouncers “handcuffed” the foreign pubgoer and one of them slapped him in the face, according to the footage.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/26/pub-bouncers-in-bangkok-fired-after-handcuffing-and-slapping-foreign-pubgoer/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-02-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourist claims that he did not intentionally steal the water, but thought that it was free for the pub’s customers.

Free ! bottled water in Thailand :cheesy:. some places put these on the table, along with cola  but they are not free. DEPORT and Ban him. just joking folks. being put in cuffs is deplorable and illegal, just for water. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Could this be Thai's finest bouncers, you know, the uneducated type, who are ready to pounce on tourists, the ones who contribute to Thailand's economy.

Hmm, I think it's time for most Thai's to exit their xenophobia about foreigners.

Hope this bouncer and his mate get charged instead of a wai and a 500 baht fine, but that won't happen.

Well this one wasn’t contributing much to Thailands economy was he ??

1 hour ago, fdimike said:

I'm with you Barry.  I have no idea where Khao San Rd is and really don't give a sh*t.  I've lived in Thailand continuously since 2005 and try to avoid Bkk as much as possible as it's nothing but a crowded polluted filthy city.

I also have no idea where Khaosan Rd is and what I've read about it seems I've missed nowt.

Bangkok is however a vibrant exciting city to visit but the business and main tourist areas are not "filthy"  Look at Silom, Lumpini, Sathorn areas.

• Like 2

Happens everytime a time traveler goes to Khao San road.
Back in the olden times (before there was a convenient store every hundred meters) used to be a pot of rainwater and a dipper outside of houses for travelers to quench their thurst.

Or maybe he was just stupid high or drunk.

2 hours ago, CM Dad said:

I have lived in Thailand for more than 30 years and have never been to Khao San Road, nor do I have any desire to go there.  I have visited many sites popular with both Thai and foreign visitors, but prefer to avoid those areas the older I get.  

Just coming up to 34 years and if someone asked me to get in my car and drive them to Khao San road I would not have a clue which direction to take. Never been there and no intention of going either. You can all me ignorant, but there are far better places to go.

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Thainess.... take a bottle of water and being handcuffed and slammed in the face.

Good News. Thainess has lightened over the last decade. Ten years back, not one, but a group of bouncers would have beat him to within a centimeter of his life, if not over.