Russians 'fleeing' to Thailand to escape war, airfare price-gouging : Tim Newton Today - Feb 27

webfact

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I get that, but I've asked a few times and got no answer as to how they can expect to stay in LOS long time if not qualifying on retirement. Is there some special long stay visa for Russians escaping the draft?

I don't believe so. It seems to be a mixture of ED visas, elite visas, border runs and overstays.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You said draft dodging wasn't a thing. 

Of course it's a thing.

In Ukraine they are conscripting by FORCE no men between the ages of 16 and 60 are allowed to leave. They take them off the streets. ALL opposition political parties are banned - that doesn't concern you? 

Edited by BobBKK
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sletraveler said:

The draft.  

The war is a nightmare but we need much more data before you all assume thousands are coming to Thailand. I see far more Chinese than Russians here.

Edited by BobBKK
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Russian's bringing a lot of capital to the country, finally getting some wealth thrown around instead of broke Brits or Europeans.

Hey that's not fair..I'm a broke European because I gave all my money to Charity ..well I think that was her name ..Soi 6 

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This isn't about Ukranine conscription and no, you're wrong again, they do allow conscription age men to leave if they have children to look after.

Male Ukrainian nationals can cross the border if they are financially supporting three or more children under the age of 18, are single fathers of children under 18, or have children or are guardians of children with disabilities

"All" opposition parties are not banned either, those that have been banned are pro-Russian political parties that engage in anti-Ukrainian activities

Time for you to start substantiating your posts because you're spreading false info.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2022/02/25/russia-invasion-ukraine-bans-male-citizens-leaving/6936471001/

3 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Like I said

Direct from a Ukrainian gov and charity website:

In addition, the restrictions do not apply to people:

who has three or more children under the age of 18, or who are raising a child (children) under the age of 18 on their own, or who has a child with a disability.

https://dopomoha.org.ua/en/exceptions-to-the-restriction-which-prohibits-men-to-leave-the-territory-of-ukraine

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Like I said

Direct from a Ukrainian gov and charity website:

In addition, the restrictions do not apply to people:

who has three or more children under the age of 18, or who are raising a child (children) under the age of 18 on their own, or who has a child with a disability.

https://dopomoha.org.ua/en/exceptions-to-the-restriction-which-prohibits-men-to-leave-the-territory-of-ukraine

and what?  it changes nothing they are barred from leaving - no more comment from me - you are blind and incapable of seeing. Goodbye.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

and what?  it changes nothing they are barred from leaving - no more comment from me - you are blind and incapable of seeing. Goodbye.

What do you mean and what.....lol

It proves your claim:

"In Ukraine they are conscripting by FORCE no men between the ages of 16 and 60 are allowed to leave. They take them off the streets"

Is false that's what.

Exceptions: when a man can leave Ukraine under martial law

- who raise three or more children under the age of 18;

- who raise a child (children) under the age of 18 on their own;

- dependent on a child with a disability under the age of 18 or an adult child who is a person with a disability of the I or II group, until he/she reaches 23 years of age;

- adoptive parents, guardians, trustees, foster parents, who are dependent on orphans or children deprived of parental care under the age of 18;

- engaged in constant care for persons in need, in the absence of other persons who can provide such care;

- who left for other states for permanent residence, which is documented accordingly;

- applicants for professional higher and higher education, trainee assistants, graduate students and doctoral students studying abroad in full-time or dual forms of education (students, listeners).

https://visitukraine.today/blog/102/exceptions-when-a-man-can-leave-ukraine-under-martial-law

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2023 at 2:38 AM, BobBKK said:

Fleeing to Thailand - so funny. They are coming on holiday as they always have. There is no war on Russian soil - fleeing from what? 

fleeing from pootins assassination squads.lots of folks are falling off balconies in moscow by unknown felons

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, malibukid said:

the woman are cold and the men are drunks.

Ukraine war 'hitting Russian birth rate' as invasion's first anniversary looms

Western officials gave a revealing insight into how the conflict is having an impact on Russia, almost 12 months since Vladimir Putin ordered Russian troops across the border

Western officials delivered a scathing assessment of the situation in Russia

Western officials delivered a scathing

•  
    Bookmark

Kremlin tyrant Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine has triggered a fall in Russia’s birth rate, Western officials revealed today.

With young Russian men fighting and dying in the war - and other families fleeing their homeland to avoid being dragged into the conflict - the impact on the nation’s future is already unfolding, sources said.

“Our expectation is that we are going to see some really serious social decline,” said officials.

“Very large numbers of young, educated Russians have fled the country; there are already some early figures coming in showing significant declines in the birth rate.

“We are seeing an increase in violent crime, repression continues to increase (and) propaganda continues to intensify.”

They added: “A huge shadow hangs over Russia’s present and its future.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ukraine-war-hitting-russian-birth-29234714

Edited by 3NUMBAS
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

fleeing from pootins assassination squads.lots of folks are falling off balconies in moscow by unknown felons

Data? sources? links?  that kind of thing?  and no one falls of balconies here of course. So uninformed - been to Moscow much have you? (yes I have and worked there).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/27/2023 at 10:03 AM, ezzra said:

How can one tyrant with a Napoleonic madness of grandeur ruin the lives of so many millions of people who doesn't really care about having Ukraine or Carmia nor any other part of the world as part or greater Russia?

Well just over 200 years ago Napoleon did the same thing to Western Europe...