New club in Bangkok raided within 10 days of opening - open after hours and drugs everywhere

webfact

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What about the owners ,no charges against them ....

regards Worgeordie

I doubt that it is illegal to be no more than the owner of an establishment that is being operated illegally after hours by others such as the management of the club who were arrested.

If the owner wasn't physically present, illegally operating the club, what do you think that he could be charged with?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Surprise surprise... it is common almost everywhere.... there is a restaurant near my house, opened several years ago, an never you see anybody in it except for a few people that could not meet the normal costs. even after Covid the restaurant is still operating.. How come?? If there are no customers, where does the money come from???and so there are more places.. Too many restaurants, bars, karaokevenues... operating 7 days a week.... They must have other incomes to keep their businesses...  

Yes, perhaps they do have other businesses that operate profitably but does their financial status have to do with you, what's your point...is it illegal to operate multiple businesses?

57 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I doubt that it is illegal to be no more than the owner of an establishment that is being operated illegally after hours by others such as the management of the club who were arrested.

If the owner wasn't physically present, illegally operating the club, what do you think that he could be charged with?

If that Is the case all the grey business, closed down,  share holders arrested property and money taken from the Chinese triads their case should be throw out and everything returned. 

I wonder these thoughts their orgin?????????

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

A new club, just opened, with no licence, and unable to operate correctly within the hours that would be permitted had they had a licence.

The mind boggles. How come people are so stupid?

Is this not also the area where the Chinese have caused the police so much trouble and been replaced?

With all the stuff that is happening, anyone in BKK that opens a bar now and flouts the law is plain stupid and asking for trouble.

RTP that used to accept envelopes, i can assure you are probably very cautious with BIG JOKE and others looking for them.

The owners can still be arrested and fined as they are the owners and it is their responsibility.

1 hour ago, prakhonchai nick said:

The mind boggles. How come people are so stupid?

Do these kind of bureaucratic niceties have the same significance in Thailand, particularly in the entertainment industry? Put it up, pay the necessary backhanders and worry abut the paperwork later (although probably greasing the wrong palms in this case). Perhaps I am being unnecessarily cynical. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Hard for me to fathom the reason behind trying to operate without the correct licences.

Total cost for the 4 required come in just over 3,000 Bht for 1st year & under 3,000 Bht for following years. It really is a no brainer NOT  to comply

Both stupid and careless. Lacking in the common sense that it was not worth the risk. Must have assumed they'd never get caught. 

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Surprise surprise... it is common almost everywhere.... there is a restaurant near my house, opened several years ago, an never you see anybody in it except for a few people that could not meet the normal costs. even after Covid the restaurant is still operating.. How come?? If there are no customers, where does the money come from???and so there are more places.. Too many restaurants, bars, karaokevenues... operating 7 days a week.... They must have other incomes to keep their businesses...  

Aren't you just the suspicious one.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What about the owners ,no charges against them ....

regards Worgeordie

I agree.. One thing I’m personally a big supporter of is “forfeiture” laws.. IF there’s a finding by the court that X asset was used in the commission of said crime, then I’d support the court ordering the forfeiture of that asset to the state.

This is one way you can really hurt those who are at the top of the pyramid, but because they’re not commonly physically involved, also seem to evade any real consequences… If you start taking their assets - and that’s BIG value assets - I suspect you’ll see behavioral change.

Same for repeat drunk drivers and those who continually violate laws regarding motorcycle operation.. I’ll bet if you start seizing cars and bikes (that means permanent seizure and not temporary possession) from those repeat offenders, you’ll see some change. 

• Like 1

It's always nice to hear the the BIB are out there arresting people for having purple pee, it sure makes the world a safer place.

Such a great use of taxpayer's money too, I can't think of a better way to spend people's hard earned tax dollars.

Recreational drug use nationwide will immediately stop now this has happened, obviously.

This is important work those boys are doing, they're really making a difference out there.

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Allowing it to be so used. It's his place. It's his responsibility.

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

What are you talking about?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Surprise surprise... it is common almost everywhere.... there is a restaurant near my house, opened several years ago, an never you see anybody in it except for a few people that could not meet the normal costs. even after Covid the restaurant is still operating.. How come?? If there are no customers, where does the money come from???and so there are more places..  

Silly goose!

You just described a take-away place!

They're probably famous for their tikki masala and prawn chips!

Just now, UbonEagle said:

Newbies who hadn’t paid the BIB

Irrespective 20% of patrons testing positive for some form of drugs is hardly a “drug party” - I’d say it’s statistically quite normal for a late night bar ????????????

I wouldn't know.................:unsure: