Danish and Swedish passengers stranded in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

About 200 passengers from Denmark and Sweden are stranded at Bangkok airport after their flight from Krabi to Bangkok was delayed due to problems with the airport’s electricity.

...It's damn cold in scandinavia right now, pz stay stranded there as long as possible!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I take it Thai Airways would supply hotel accommodation until the passengers flew out on the next available flight ✈ 

In the UK yes but not sure about Thailand 

• Like 2

The airline should do the right thing for their customers and offer accomodation and help. 

I always love the headlines that state "Stranded..."  Something we saw a lot of during Covid. I was "stranded" in Thailand for 14 months during worst of Covid. Reality is could have flown back to the UK almost any day. Was also "stranded" in Thailand during the Icelandic Volcanic Ash cloud closure of western European airspace in 2010. Made the best of these situations and enjoyed time here on both occasions. Seems like people just so love to be portrayed as victims these days. Bangkok is a great city, they should get out and enjoy their extended holiday. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

err..... Thai Airways flight decided to take off WITHOUT 200 passengers and fly to Scandinavia???  Hope they got a good deal on fuel.......

Probably economy Tickets that is none refundable and already payed, so the Plane uses less fuel, so probably they gain a lot from the much lighter plane. 

Very possible also that the Plane could not wait in Thailand because its needed to take travelers from Scandinavia to Thailand on a returning flight.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, rwill said:

From the linked article:

"The passengers are stranded because the flight they would otherwise have been on took off without them and there are no other available seats on flights to Europe."

"The blackout at Krabi airport lasted a few hours and meant there was no light on the runway, so planes could not take off or land."

So the plane took off without them but they were not allowed on the plane because planes couldn't take off??????????

Just another case of This is Thailand.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seppius said:

All entitled to at least 600 euros compensation

The initial flight delayed takeoff was clearly beyond the airline's control. The airport is at fault, for not providing adequate lighting for a safe takeoff. Since the first flight arrived late in BKK, it's the BKK to Europe flight was missed by the passengers.

Why should the airline provide compensation when the cause is clearly beyond their control?

• Like 1

Electricity blackouts  happen too many times in the Village where I live,  and along the 3 miles Soi.. It's  2023,   And they cant   maintain   even a Domestic  electric supply without regular  blackouts   let alone a Commercial one...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eaglekott said:

Probably economy Tickets that is none refundable and already payed, so the Plane uses less fuel, so probably they gain a lot from the much lighter plane. 

Very possible also that the Plane could not wait in Thailand because its needed to take travelers from Scandinavia to Thailand on a returning flight.

"Later, the airline has chosen to pay for the return journey for the stranded passengers, Politiken writes."

"The blackout at Krabi airport lasted a few hours"

sounds like a bad business model to me....  no surprise.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, shackleton said:

I take it Thai Airways would supply hotel accommodation until the passengers flew out on the next available flight ✈ 

If it is all on 1 ticket, then yes. Often ppl buy sep. tickets as it is cheaper, then Thai is only liable for Krabi-Bkk. Onwards is yr own problem.

2 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Hardly, its not an EU based flight?

You are right, I just looked at Thai airways website.

I was going by my friend leaving Bangkok recently, delayed 24 hours, but it was KLM, so they paid him something like 700 Euros

17 hours ago, actonion said:

Electricity blackouts  happen too many times in the Village where I live,  and along the 3 miles Soi.. It's  2023,   And they cant   maintain   even a Domestic  electric supply without regular  blackouts   let alone a Commercial one...

Sort of on topic, re blackouts, You must live near me, because exactly the same happens here at least twice a week. Once a month it is a drunk Somchai taking a power pole out at about 8 at night.

Edited by AhFarangJa
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, actonion said:

That's why the bumpkins move to the big city.