Should co-owners pay for EV scooter charging.

Cricky

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

No security ?

I can't even get to see my daughter at her condo without passing the guard, and her calling down to allow it.

lucky u or lucky her... in my condo "cheap" building anybody can walk in at any time day or night, we do have a "sleeping" guard at night but we pay him to just sit and sleep, people come and go and he doesn't say shxx, same during the day, management is there but in the office area, A/C on full blast, either watching TV, play with phone or sleeping, brought many times these issues to the meeting and the majority of owners (Thais and non Thais) just pointed at me as being out of my mind and should not worry about security, decided to stop complaining and stop attending the meetings as nothing ever get changed.... my problem, stay or leave, guess I will stay as I do like the area, was just venting a little, have a good day

• Sad 1

On 3/4/2023 at 2:53 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Am I a troll or are you just baiting again.

Since you brought up the topic once again, I'll  respectfully reply.

I hadn't given it too much thought but if I had to make a choice,  I'd go for what's behind door # 1 which is the former.

As for the second part of your question,  that'd be a firm no answer with the comment that  I guess some people are just thin skinned.   I.e. they're comfortable dishing it out but at a loss when it comes  to them being on the receiving end.       :saai::sorry:

Edited by In Full Agreement

4 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Since you brought up the topic once again, I'll  respectfully reply.

I hadn't given it too much thought but if I had to make a choice,  I'd go for what's behind door # 1 which is the former.

As for the second part of your question,  that'd be a firm no answer with the comment that  I guess some people are just thin skinned.   I.e. they're comfortable dishing it out but at a loss when it comes  to them being on the receiving end.       :saai::sorry:

Who me, thinned skinned, really, far from it.  Glad to see you believe I am a troll. I did once live under a bridge...

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 11:20 AM, Cricky said:

That's OK, I'm just ignoring you EV scooter riders winding me up. 

Enjoy your free charging.

Electricity paid for by others. 

They should ban these dangerous scooters from all Condominiums 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/871306170642675?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

Edited by Cricky

1 hour ago, Cricky said:

They should ban these dangerous scooters from all Condominiums 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/871306170642675?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

Why would you have it inside of your room.  Never seen anyone put a scooter in a lift have you @Cricky.  Why do you insist that its only EV scooters that are dangerous.  How many people have been electrocuted and burned to death in fires from charging a phone?  The world is full of incidents around everything including choking hazards written on the Lego boxes.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why do you insist that its only EV scooters that are dangerous. 

Oh, sorry, I forgot, you like to get off topic. 

BTW, this post is about EV scooters. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Like 1

I guess he's still replaying that 1 vid.

I'd say Xmas lights have burned down more homes and killed more people than and scooter fire.   Maybe they should ban those.

Who knows, that fire may have been 'user error'.   If me, I think it would have been on the balcony charging.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Oh, sorry, I forgot, you like to get off topic. 

BTW, this post is about EV scooters. 

Yet you believe that all EV scooters will go up in flames, posting analogies of other issues is relevant in regards to the way your discussing the scariness of the EV cycle.  Is there a hazard warning on the side of the EV scooter battery?

Edited by ThailandRyan

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet you believe that all EV scooters will go up in flames, posting analogies of other issues is relevant in regards to the way your discussing the scariness of the EV cycle.  Is there a hazard warning on the side of the EV scooter battery?

Yes, I understand and fair point. 

But I'm trying to make a point to, I'd like to get across this safety issue to other co-owners. 

Edited by Cricky

3 minutes ago, Cricky said:

Yes, I understand and fair point. 

But I'm trying to make a point to, I'd like to get across this safety issue to other co-owners. 

Then as I said make an appointment at the owners/juristic meeting and show it to the committee as well as bringing up the issue of the free charging being done in the garage using the electrical outlets.  If you make such a pitch I am sure a bylaw will be passed and added that prohibits the charging at those outlets in the common area.  Also maybe they will add an agenda item to research adding actual charging stations for EV's which will be at a cost to the users.  Many older condos do not have this even in place yet, and I only know of one brand new complex being built that will have EV chargers and that is the One Bangkok.

I think it reasonable for rich condo owners to do their part to help save the environment. People on e-bikes are trying to do their part for fight climate change, how about you greedy pikers do your part to help them? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Fear not, Pay meters will soon be installed at your condos.

and purchase and installment costs will be added to your condo fees. plus a good mark up on the cost of electric for charging.

Or maybe best,  to let sleeping dogs lie.

For now. :jap:

TIT.

Edited by quake
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, quake said:

Fear not, Pay meters will soon be installed at your condos.

and purchase and installment costs will be added to your condo fees. plus a good mark up on the cost of electric for charging.

Or maybe best,  to let sleeping dogs lie.

For now. :jap:

TIT.

All EV scooters Should be banned. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Cricky said:

All popcorn should be banned, it gets stuck in my teeth and hurts.....what else should we ban? Oh yeah let's ban anything we don't like...how's that work for you. EVs are here to stay....contact Greta and give her your complaint.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cricky said:

No.

But we have to except some of the changes that are coming.

But not them all. EV scooters are fine, if you don't like them don't buy one.  up to you and up to them.

Think your just old.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Cricky said:

Fossil fuel vehicles of all kinds will be paced out by 2035, if you follow international news, you know this.

So, what's the point with your statement, when it's obviously impossible?

New shops selling EV scooters popping up weekly, almost as fast as new ganja shops. How can one fight a trend that are here to stay, forever?

I'm happy that you now priority safety issue, rather than EV scooter owners are thieves, and steal electricity.

When condo owners have to pay for charging stations, preferable fire-proof, it will be costly for each condo owner, way more than current 1 baht per EV scooter, per year. 'Be careful what you wish for', springs to mind.

I  no longer own a EV scooter, imo the cheapest ones are trash, zero build quality, and longetivity is short, very short.

Minimum 20,000 Baht up for a model with better quality batteries, and 40,000 up for more sturdy overall quality.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I do not own a car.  Should my common area fee include car park maintenance?  I don't use the bottom floor swimming pool either (use the lap pool on a different floor)  Should I pay maintenance for that?  I live on a lower floor and use the stairs for health and ease of entry exit.  Should I have to pay for elevator maintenance and upkeep? 

IDK, but I do have to pay the same common area fee as all owners do, it is what it is.

I would welcome all EV's, we have all  ICE vehicles and I have to breathe their exhaust when I go into the garage to get my bicycle as that is where the lock up area is.

OP was a bit unclear on EV scooters.  Also mention EV's.,

Small scooters and EV bicycles all have removable batteries, they should simply take them to their own condos to charge

Do not think you can charge an EV car with a simple 220 outlet....simply lock or remove the outlets if the Condo board approves it.  

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your still at it, why not show a pressure cooker exploding as well, might be just as hazardous......

I haven't seen a pressure cooker plugged in to the common area outlets. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I don't use the bottom floor swimming pool either (use the lap pool on a different floor)  Should I pay maintenance for that? 

Stupid question, of course you should, it was there before you purchased. 

4 minutes ago, Cricky said:

So were the electrical outlets your complaining about that the EV bikes are being charged from.....

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
23 minutes ago, Cricky said:

So were the electrical outlets your complaining about that the EV bikes are being charged from..

You reckon my post is asking a stupid question?

So let me understand who you are. 

You think it's OK to use the electricity that I pay for to charge your EV scooter. 

It's my money that allows these electricity thieves to travel around town, 7-Eleven, soi 6, etc. 

I see a lot of miserable, cheap foreigners in town, I reckon you are one of them. 

Mate, if you can't afford the electricity to charge your scooter, you shouldn't be living in Thailand. 

Geeze, what a sad life, living here but unable to afford the basics. 

I'm living here enjoying myself, purchasing the pleasures in life. 

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cricky said:

You reckon my post is asking a stupid question?

So let me understand who you are. 

You think it's OK to use the electricity that I pay for to charge your EV scooter. 

It's my money that allows these electricity thieves to travel around town, 7-Eleven, soi 6, etc. 

Reread my posts throughout your OP you'll understand.....your not paying for it all, its a mere pittance and all owners pay the common area fees.  Guess since I don't use the play room where the kids can play and folks sit on their computers while running the air con I should get my self all worked up like you are.  Yet you can not see past the edge of your nose and you rant on and on about how your being taken advantage of for a few baht........learn to ride the middle rail instead of getting the tidy whites all bunched up.

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

.....your not paying for it all,

I understand that. 

It's us co-owners paying. 

It's dishonest, unethical, dishonorable, immoral. 

It's theft. 

Edited by Cricky