Avoid going to IDC

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

However, we know almost nothing about the incident you are referring to.

As far as I know, some people living near the couple (foreigner man/Thai woman) called authorities for the noise that they listen every day from them: loud music I think.

IO and police shows up and he paid the 90000 and still there.

But it's just a story they told me, so don't know if is real or not.

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 8:21 AM, Tayida said:

As far as I know, some people living near the couple (foreigner man/Thai woman) called authorities for the noise that they listen every day from them: loud music I think.

IO and police shows up and he paid the 90000 and still there.

But it's just a story they told me, so don't know if is real or not.

Wow, sounds like a stand up guy, partying with loud music daily + an incredibly irresponsible ho-hum attitude about overstaying here, which is a very serious thing.

Why do these degenerates even come here? Cause they struck out back home or what? Go <deleted>ty-up your own Country.

No sympathy whatsoever. Do you duty to get your immigration status in order. He was probably too hungover to do anything when the day came to renew his visa ????????

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why do some people think everybody else knows all abbreviations? <deleted> is IDC? 

You are right and I am sorry. But as I wrote it's an overstay question and, if I am not wrong, IDC is a worldwide word, I thought was enough. Sorry for my mistake.

3 minutes ago, Tayida said:

You are right and I am sorry. But as I wrote it's an overstay question and, if I am not wrong, IDC is a worldwide word, I thought was enough. Sorry for my mistake.

In the Australian bureaucracy it means 'Interdepartmental Committee'.

But I'm thinking this is quite likely not what it means on this thread.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

I know not everybody in this forum is 100% legal. But I wonder if the majority of the members here are used to that term or condition... 

The letter I should give a clue to the average individual residing in Thailand .

10 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Wow, sounds like a stand up guy, partying with loud music daily + an incredibly irresponsible ho-hum attitude about overstaying here, which is a very serious thing.

Why do these degenerates even come here? Cause they struck out back home or what? Go <deleted>ty-up your own Country.

No sympathy whatsoever. Do you duty to get your immigration status in order. He was probably too hungover to do anything when the day came to renew his visa ????????

" Which is a very serious thing "   ????????????     You sound like another retired teacher

I'll never understand why people like you get their panties in such a bunch about other peoples' immigration status.

Unless you work for the immigration department it really isn't something to concern yourself about at all, is it ? 

Or are you indulging in a rather perverse form of virtue signalling?     

6 hours ago, asf6 said:

It sounds to me like the guy just paid the fine for his overstay. Isn't it a fine of 500 baht per day for overstay?

180 days of overstay would be a fine of 90,000. 

It is true that the fine for overstay is 500 baht per day. However, the fine is capped by law at 20,000 baht maximum. Anything over 20,000 baht would be to pay for something other than an overstay fine.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

" Which is a very serious thing "   ????????????     You sound like another retired teacher

I'll never understand why people like you get their panties in such a bunch about other peoples' immigration status.

Unless you work for the immigration department it really isn't something to concern yourself about at all, is it ? 

Or are you indulging in a rather perverse form of virtue signalling?     

It is a very serious thing in the eyes of Thai Immigration, you Bozo ????

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang

17 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Immigration Detention Centre, but took me a while to get.

Took me quite a while to get there too. I stayed at the one on Suan Plu for a couple of weeks or so about 36 years ago. Hope they've upgraded the accomodation since then. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Took me quite a while to get there too. I stayed at the one on Suan Plu for a couple of weeks or so about 36 years ago. Hope they've upgraded the accomodation since then. 

If can ask. How you get caught?