JetStar, one of the most hated airlines in the world – survey

webfact

Was reading elsewhere their 787s have become particularly unreliable. This coupled with a management focused on financial return above everything else and that they and the Qantas group as a whole gutted the operational expertise during the pandemic and you have half an understanding on why things are as they are. And BTW, in a previous life I was in a key role at QF to ready the airline for the JQ sales and operations launches.

• Like 2

Must admit I get tempted by their fares. I like too the direct flights Melbourne to Bangkok and Phuket. 8 or 9 hours so no big deal.  Have one booked in May about AUD $360 return and similar in August. The flying experience is the same. Last time I flew Thai the seats were as cramped. You get a big meal you don't really want late at night and the odd drink. Prefer to spend it on nice hotels.

Had no problems mainly with Jetstar but to be honest my last trip in August was 3 hours late there and a horrible 7 on the way back. So I may have to learn not to be tempted by the low cost. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Air Canada gets my vote.  Just go to Trip advisor and read the reviews. And they are

in the business of  losing luggage, cancelling flights with no refunds and blessed by the Canadian

government.  And you can't even sue them as the government has changed the laws to protect

the airlines.  You can see the other Canadian airlines on the list. You have been warned.

• Like 2

Jetstar and Qantas are both going down hill fast. Both companies are driven by greed. Customers and  sevice have become the victims. Latest Qantas profit shows what drives both companies,

Two people  here join the long queue of disgruntled ex customers.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Henry said:

Jetstar and Qantas are both going down hill fast. Both companies are driven by greed. Customers and  sevice have become the victims. Latest Qantas profit shows what drives both companies,

Two people  here join the long queue of disgruntled ex customers.

I thought  Qantas were somewhat improved over their past failings.... sounds like I am wrong. 

• Like 1

"Other low-cost carriers like ............. TAP Air Portugal also made the list."

TAP is the national Flag Carrier of Portugal and a longstanding full member of Star Alliance.

I am sure they will be delighted to be called a "low-cost carrier"....

I can't really comment on Jetstar, never been on one of their flights, however been on plenty of other LCC's.

Trouble is we all got what we wanted price/mile in real terms has plummeted over the past few decades.

The airline industry is brutal, margins are really tight, basically invest millions in hardware to make pennies.

The industry is littered with airlines that went to the wall

Richard Branson has a great quote; 

"The fastest way to make a Millionaire is to be a Billionaire and buy an airline"

I work for an airline, so if you think the passengers have it bad, try being an employee!

But at the end of the day millions more people can now afford to fly half way across the world without taking out a second mortgage.

At the end of the day, it's a few hours of your life, nobody dies, maybe your seat is uncomfortable, or you get delayed, but it was cheap.

So suck it up

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Sad 1

Never again.

Having said that they were great about 8 years ago when, if you booked early enough, you could get a very cheap business class fare and no organizational problems. Obviously, if an airline plummets dramatically in 8 years it is time to have a good look at the management.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

I can't really comment on Jetstar, never been on one of their flights, however been on plenty of other LCC's.

Trouble is we all got what we wanted price/mile in real terms has plummeted over the past few decades.

The airline industry is brutal, margins are really tight, basically invest millions in hardware to make pennies.

The industry is littered with airlines that went to the wall

Richard Branson has a great quote; 

"The fastest way to make a Millionaire is to be a Billionaire and buy an airline"

I work for an airline, so if you think the passengers have it bad, try being an employee!

But at the end of the day millions more people can now afford to fly half way across the world without taking out a second mortgage.

At the end of the day, it's a few hours of your life, nobody dies, maybe your seat is uncomfortable, or you get delayed, but it was cheap.

So suck it up

Because airline staff like you with a sh.. attittude towards customers/passengers,no one in Northamerica or Australia wants to use american or australian airlines.Amazingly arrogant without any good reason

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

French Bee formerly French Blue has some of the worst reviews I have ever seen. Almost booked them because it was the most affordable fare from SFO to Paris,  non stop for late June. 

Luckily I shop around and found a reasonably priced fare from a better reputable airline 

39 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Because airline staff like you with a sh.. attittude towards customers/passengers,no one in Northamerica or Australia wants to use american or australian airlines.Amazingly arrogant without any good reason

It’s more like the chiit customers towards the airline staff. See it all the time, impatient pushy and expecting to be served through the prism of one’s own view. Imagine having to deal with uptight amazingly arrogant customers who think they’re entitled day in and day out. 

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

https://www.worldairlineawards.com/worlds-top-100-airlines-2022/

Have a look first 20,do you see any american or australian airline?Now have a look your atittude and thinking about paying passengers.Last time I had a flight with an american airline(United) was 2013 from LHR-SFO and I really hated it.No idea how Qantas made it into the top 5

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

BA was so bad at one time they even advertised  All their staff had been retrained to put customer service first or words to that effect.I don't know how that worked out.

6 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I think you have that a***ss backwards.

Most of us do our level best to take care of our passengers. 

But people lose their mind when they walk into an airport.

I've been screamed at, cursed at , threatened with physical violence, puked on the list goes on.

We don't run the airline we just work for it.

"I need to be in xxx by tonight, get me on a plane right now you a*hole"

Well madam look outside there is a blizzard no planes are landing.

The days of 60's and 70's are gone.

The airlines have changed, but I'd suggest the traveling public have definitely 'downgraded' also.

And newsflash, contrary to popular myth, we don't have a secret hanger full of reserve aircraft just ready to service you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1