Fistfight in Pattaya Leaves Australian Tourist With Head Injuries

webfact

22 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Exchange of looks? I've no doubt the Thai was admiring the Oz's body decoration for too long. Maybe he had designs on him?????

Probably didn't like the Manly shirt the guy was wearing. Those shirts tend to have a negative effect on people. ????????

2 hours ago, BritScot said:

Why? What a twisted nasty  arrogant thing to say. A tourist gets attacked by a young Thai who ran away (this act in itself is an indication of his guilt otherwise he would have stayed and filed a police report/compensation). 

could not agree more totally arrogant nasty thing to say going off looks assumption At least man enough to say he started if that's true ! To runaway like cowards 50% age difference bravo ???? 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritScot said:

Why? What a twisted nasty  arrogant thing to say. A tourist gets attacked by a young Thai who ran away (this act in itself is an indication of his guilt otherwise he would have stayed and filed a police report/compensation). 

1 hour ago, orchis said:

The foreigner, aged 52 has apologized to the police admitting he was intoxicated and started the argument. 
Mr. Robert apologized to the restaurant owners and staff for the incident.

I rest my case 

Signed judge judy

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, orchis said:

The foreigner, aged 52 has apologized to the police admitting he was intoxicated and started the argument. 
Mr. Robert apologized to the restaurant owners and staff for the incident.

''manning up'' shows some character.  I think most of the comments here are overstating the case against the guy from Oz. When I came here in the 90's, the wisdom was - Thais set you up on a pedestal, (treat you as special)  because you are a guest. Your own actions determine how they judge you, later. There's no need for some cocky young Thai to take offense at the way someone looks at him. He obviously learned nothing when there were empty streets during covid - and it was Oz and other residents like the rest of us, helping out financing food kitchens. btw, me too/small village/only good caring Thais living here.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Foghorn said:

Maybe the foreigner admitted fault so he could apologise so as not to get scammed by the police , this is thailand , say sorry and all is well

No, just the usual myth for bashing purposes.

3 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Well, if you go to Pattaya or Phuket you are asking for trouble!!!!!   you found it!!!!   He's in a very, very troubled and seedy place in the world, his choice!!!    sexcapital of the universe......oh, bad stuff happens there??  please, I'm the victim!!!!  

I'm in Shilokvilleaphomsuhaiket, a town of 190 people and enjoying the sounds of the temple!!!!!!

Fistfight in Pattaya.......................of course!!!!       Fistfight in prison................really?   same, same.

"sexcapital of the universe"

I think maybe you are exaggerating a teeny bit?????

Best advice is do not drink in the same bars as Thai men. Thai men drinking and foreign/tourist men drinking do not mix well at all. When I lived in Pattaya I never drank in any bar that had Thai men drinking. I'd drink in bars around Pattaya that were expat hangouts. I don't think there were even Thai men working in them, the entire staff would be women. Steer clear of Thai men, especially when they're drinking.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BritScot said:

Read the article: "The foreigner, aged 52 has apologized to the police admitting he was intoxicated and started the argument"

4 hours ago, 2baht said:

Agreed. Another Thai male coward, kick and run. Surprised 8 or 10 other Thai cowards did'nt jump in! 

Another guy who doesn't read the article"The foreigner, aged 52 has apologized to the police admitting he was intoxicated and started the argument" and blames the Thai.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We need to maintain humility here. There are an awful lot of Thai male adults, who look like men, and smell like men and yet have the emotional development of a 13 year old. They cannot handle any perceived slight, or any tiny wound to their incredibly fragile egos. So, you stay out of their face. You do not provoke them.

A real man can handle someone being a jerk, without over reacting and causing violence. Adolescent minds cannot. 

Getting very drunk and start a fight is normal?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grain said:

Best advice is do not drink in the same bars as Thai men. Thai men drinking and foreign/tourist men drinking do not mix well at all. When I lived in Pattaya I never drank in any bar that had Thai men drinking. I'd drink in bars around Pattaya that were expat hangouts. I don't think there were even Thai men working in them, the entire staff would be women. Steer clear of Thai men, especially when they're drinking.

Why, because they might hit somebody when they are abusive?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BritScot said:
6 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

Another classic western tourist..... fitting the stereotype

Clearly you didn't bother to read the linked report before leaping to the keyboard. The tourist admitted he was drunk and started the confrontation.

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

Ban ALL Aussies from Thailand I say.

Wretched convicts.

Ban them from ALL travel I say. We can't have them running around the world reminding the English aristocracy of how pathetic their country was (is?) because they created the conditions that forced poor folk to steal a loaf of bread to feed their starving families.

• Sad 1