Minivan Driver Blames Russian Tourist’s Screams for Causing Car Crash in Rayong

snoop1130

15 hours ago, nightfox said:

When wet roads and faulty breaks gets old as an excuse for idiot drivers, the next best excuse is a screaming passenger. What's next blaming the radio because it played loud music.

And wait a year, as next new excuse to deny their fault, they start saying passengers were too quiet maybe even sleeping, making driver to fall a sleep as so silent 

• Haha 1

16 ore fa, Andre0720 ha scritto:

Il numero di ragioni non plausibili che i thailandesi usano per cercare di evitare la responsabilità suggerisce un livello di immaginazione che nessuno avrebbe ritenuto possibile da parte di queste persone.....

Non per "cercare di evitare la responsabilità" ma per "evitare di ammettere di aver sbagliato". Hai mai sentito un thailandese dire: "Lei/tu hai ragione, io avevo torto!" ?

17 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

he was, in fact, according to him, just stooping down to pick up an inhaler that he had dropped

That's okay then. It tells you all you need to know about Thai drivers. He put his passengers in danger by retrieving an inhaler, because that was far more important than keeping his eyes on the road. No wonder the tourist screamed, and in true Thai fashion making it someone else's fault, he blamed the tourist for reacting to his dangerous driving.

ah well, here in patong at least it makes a change from the brakes fault... some one should sue those pesky brakes

4 hours ago, garzhe said:

from Pattaya to Chanthaburi province for visa extensions

Jomtien Immigration Closed?

I would expect it was a border bounce.....I don't believe Russians can do an Extension on their Visa Exempt 45 day permission....

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I would expect it was a border bounce.....I don't believe Russians can do an Extension on their Visa Exempt 45 day permission....

Just read your post yes indeed it was a boarder run, reported on a 'Reliable' news report, who get their facts correct. 

Thai minivans remind me of the ‘taxi brousse’ in West Africa. These cars (often old Peugeot 504 Familiale) usually have one driver and nine passengers. They also have a disturbing nickname: “neuf morts, un blessée’, which means nine dead, one injured. Accidents often result in all passengers being killed and the driver more or less seriously injured.

I’ve spent quite a few hours in both, almost always with tightly clenched buttocks. I’m still not sure which is worse, the Thai minivan or the taxi brousse in West Africa. 

What do you expect with Russians?

Ill mannered, rude and aggressive.

Too dumb too have thought to simply tap the driver on the shoulder and ask, "You okay"?

Mind you, was lucky wasn't a gun toting Soviet, or they would probably have shot the driver.

5 hours ago, rabiedabruce said:

Just this morning here on little Moscow some driver leant on his horn all the way up my soi as a neighbour was unloading his parked car. The Russian then got out and took a swipe at his side mirror. The neighbour said he was of course Russian. The Thais are complaining the 'government' brought them here (along with the equally repugnant Chinese), displacing their once liked European tourists. The junta doesn't have to mix with them and the Euros are staying away in droves. Well done you muppets.

Yep its a shame the governing junta have only 'Despicable Bunch #1 and #2" to cosy up to for inward revenues.

Selling souls to the devil will not work out in the long run.

Sadly the corrupt Thai government and their cronies will do anything to line their own pockets and retention of 'puppet regime' power, without regards for it's populace nor future!

• Thumbs Up 1