Chinese tourists warned not to embroider school names on student uniforms

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Doesn't seem to have stopped the legions of over age 18 Thai pretties and quasi-bar girls who like to periodically play school girl dress up for events at their places of employment...

I never see legions of those girls, Soi Cowboy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

It's all about the intention. 

"If an individual, who is not a student, wears a student uniform to mislead other people into believing that he or she is a student may violate the law and may face a fine of up to 1,000 baht on conviction."

No intention to mislead, officer. Honest, guv. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Did you miss the bit about getting the school name embroidered on the uniforms , that bit is illegal , wearing a school uniform to a school that you don't attend

I have to admit, I've only seen the bar girl / school girl uniform events being publicized by various Thai-local oriented bars and nightclubs on Thai social media...

Never got an up-close and personal look to know whether the uniforms the girls were sporting were just generic SG ones or perhaps leftovers from their youth.... ????

Guess that means I need to get out and get a more hands-on and up-close sense of just what's going on with those events... checking the embroidery and tags and pins and such... I'm sure the girls won't mind!  ????

• Haha 2

What a stupid law.... How old is it?? Thailand never will get in the 21st century because it tries to control everyone and everything...As Chinese can embroider Thai letters....Besides is there a copyright on these uniforms??

And retired foreign teachers who wear shirts from the schools they worked are not allowed to wear them too???

And than hoping to atrack more tourists, no vaping, limited alcohol sales, double pricing, and now limitation on what you wear...

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

What a stupid law.... How old is it?? Thailand never will get in the 21st century because it tries to control everyone and everything...As Chinese can embroider Thai letters....Besides is there a copyright on these uniforms??

And retired foreign teachers who wear shirts from the schools they worked are not allowed to wear them too???

And than hoping to atrack more tourists, no vaping, limited alcohol sales, double pricing, and now limitation on what you wear...

You can’t achieve 21st century until you reach the 20th first…. Or maybe the 19th!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

if an individual, who is not a student, wears a student uniform to mislead other people into believing that he or she is a student may violate the law and may face a fine of up to 1,000 baht on conviction.

Bang goes the video...