Gary Lineker told to step back from presenting Match of the Day

Scott

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I never said the Labour gov was lost control, I said why didn't your Labour Party have immigration all sorted out for any when they were in power.

The main immigration problem now is the rubber boats, but you are trying to dismiss it because your Party is a shambles, and you need to stay on your Tory knocking soap box........:ermm:

I’m not dismissing cross channel immigration, far from it. I’ve frequently stated it’s out of control

and unacceptable that it had been allowed to become the mess it is.

You mention shambles, I guess three PMs in a matter of months, u-turns by the dozen and resorting to policies that break the law is exactly what can be described as a shambles.

The immigration mess the UK is facing is entirely the fault of the Tory Government, and absolutely nothing to do with Labour who haven’t been in power for over 12 years.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not dismissing cross channel immigration, far from it. I’ve frequently stated it’s out of control

and unacceptable that it had been allowed to become the mess it is.

You mention shambles, I guess three PMs in a matter of months, u-turns by the dozen and resorting to policies that break the law is exactly what can be described as a shambles.

The immigration mess the UK is facing is entirely the fault of the Tory Government, and absolutely nothing to do with Labour who haven’t been in power for over 12 years.

Nice try, but no cigar............????

Are there still Labour MP's out on picket lines, instead of manning the beaches to help out.....?

585045560_Pillbox.jpg.1f9b1f7d0f146850e85a1830004f859d.jpg

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As I’ve often said, the impact of too many post war black and white movies is still recognizable amongst many rightwing Brits.

Once again, the collapse of UK immigration controls is entirely the fault of the Tories, now in Government continuously for over twelve years.

Absolutely nothing to do with Labour.

Of course, you might be so far out of touch not to realize that, so I’ll not mock you for your apparent ignorance of the facts.

Go off on a tangent, won't you........:clap2:

Edited by transam

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

5% of all UK prisoners are from the 'traveling community'..........where should we send them I wonder......Romania?

It is a common fallacy that people just want to 'let them in'......they don't.....they just want to have them processed in a civilised manner........... they can stay if they qualify or be deported if they don't.....it's not rocket science.

A good idea would be check to see whether they qualify BEFORE they start their journey to the U.K .

Rather than going all the way to the UK and being sent back again, why not check before they leave ?

If they are allowed to enter the UK , then give then a piece of paper that will allow them entry , Visas, I think they are called 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So this referred to legal immigration from the EU? Really??

5049.jpeg

The present daft problem is folk in rubber boats, the dodgy EU folk are now feeling the pinch.....

Enoch was right all along.....:clap2:

10 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So this referred to legal immigration from the EU? Really??

5049.jpeg

Its 2023 , Brexit was years ago and four Prime minsters ago  .

Linekar is talking about the current governments comments on todays immigrants , rather than Farage speaking years ago 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We are talking about illegal immigration by people coming across the channel in boats .

Legal immigration from Europe by E.U citizens ten years ago is a different topic .

We are talking about today and people sailing across the Channel to enter the U.K without having a visa .

Brexit is now a historical event and unconnected with todays issues of bogus asylum seekers

Ten years ago the hot ‘illegal immigrant’ topic was the channel tunnel.

Brexit is coincident with the surge in cross channel migration, it is not a historical event, it’s impacts are present every day.

• Like 2

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes, that would be a good idea.

It’s why refugee rights organizations have been arguing for the UK to provide options to apply for asylum outside the UK.

My prediction is the ‘detention center’ the Tories are funding with UK tax payer’s money will be converted to an asylum creating center once the UK has replaced the Tories with a rational Government.

Your prediction has been going on for years, and you forgot about Boris and his landslide ...............????

How can anybody speak of the plight of illegal immigrants coming from a "Safe" country (France) in the same breath as Nazis & come out of it as the good guy!

The asylum seekers in question are not coming here from their  "War Torn" country, but are crossing the channel from France so instead of attacking the UK government he should maybe use his influence to help focus on how both governments can work together to help.

Seriously you would have to be an idiot to not see that the Government's hard line position has been taken to put pressure on the French to do more from their side. 

Hey Gary... Syria is a land locked country... They aren't getting in their boats from there 

Edited by Mike Teavee

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

A good idea would be check to see whether they qualify BEFORE they start their journey to the U.K .

Rather than going all the way to the UK and being sent back again, why not check before they leave ?

If they are allowed to enter the UK , then give then a piece of paper that will allow them entry , Visas, I think they are called 

So why on earth haven't the UK govt set up a processing centre in France.  I may be wrong, but I believe they were invited to and refused.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Slip said:

So why on earth haven't the UK govt set up a processing centre in France.  I may be wrong, but I believe they were invited to and refused.

That wouldn't stop people from sailing across, now would it .

If they got refused a UK visa  in Calais , they would still sail across

It would also encourage people to head for Calais to get processed or to apply .

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yawn.  How many times is Lineker going to be misquoted? I guess it's understandable if people only get their news from The Sun and the Daily Mail.

Sorry I don't read any UK newspapers as I haven't lived in the UK for a very long time so I tend to get my news from BBC (I know, shame on me) Sky News etc... 

You're absolutely correct Lineker didn't mention Nazis he just said...  

Linkear.JPG.f50ded0a4ef6babd3f39ad3ce15c479d.JPG

Which still shows a complete lack of understanding of how refugees work. 

International conventions say that refugees should seek safe harbour at the closest state (Which is why Greece, Italy & Turkey are having an unfair time of it at the moment) so not one of them has come directly to the UK from a War Torn country, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't welcome them here.

(From what I've read) Lineker was responding to the PMs quotes about Channel Crossings & instead of criticizing the UK could have used his influence to put pressure on better arrangements for Immigrants coming from France (Though the obvious question is how did they end up there in the 1st place). 

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That wouldn't stop people from sailing across, now would it .

If they got refused a UK visa  in Calais , they would still sail across

It would also encourage people to head for Calais to get processed or to apply .

But it would provide a legal route to the UK, which has got to be an important stepping stone or partial foundation to sorting out this mess.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Slip said:

But it would provide a legal route to the UK, which has got to be an important stepping stone or partial foundation to sorting out this mess.

If they got nufink, and come from a country with no threat problems, which are most of these people, they will avoid the place like a plague.

Have a YouTube at the UK place in India, that sorts out folk applying to get to the UK, it is worth a laugh...

1 minute ago, transam said:

If they got nufink, and come from a country with no threat problems, which are most of these people, they will avoid the place like a plague.

Have a YouTube at the UK place in India, that sorts out folk applying to get to the UK, it is worth a laugh...

I don't imagine you have any sort of source to support your first sentence, but I disagree.

I think I've seen the stuff on youtube about that and I agree with you that it's ridiculous if it's the same thing, but isn't the abuse of the visa system as opposed to people coming on boats?

1 minute ago, Slip said:

I don't imagine you have any sort of source to support your first sentence, but I disagree.

I think I've seen the stuff on youtube about that and I agree with you that it's ridiculous if it's the same thing, but isn't the abuse of the visa system as opposed to people coming on boats?

So why are so many turning up with no passports, from safe countries......?

They are spongers, trying to milk the UK....

• Like 2