Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan warns that those in power who support coups still exist

webfact

7 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Or another solution would be to honor the voters choice instead of a bunch of cowardly thugs seizing control with tanks in the middle of the night like a banana republic and deciding that they alone know best for all thai voters.

Or another solution would be when politicians would honor the laws. And if they don't do that then judges should remove them.

Remember that "honest mistake"? Judges should have removed Thaksin there and then.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do coup leaders honor the laws?

Throughout history there are many examples of people breaking the laws for good reasons.

Was it good that the military staged the last coups in Thailand (I only remember the last two)? No, not really. Was it better that the alternative? I think so. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pomchop said:

But the Thai voters don't care what you think.  It is their country and their elections and if any Thai people want to challenge the leader then they have a judiciary to try and remove them....it is not done by rolling tanks into the streets...unless of course you prefer military dictators who want to line their pockets and overthrow election results that they don't like.

Yes, the Thai voters don't care about what I think. I accept that. 

And the Thai voters also don't care about what you think.

And millions of Thai people supported the coups and the tanks against the criminal Thaksin and his family - even if you don't like it. 

Personally I think it would be best if Thais would vote for honest and competent politicians. But somehow many Thais, especially those up country, prefer to vote for corrupt criminals. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1