What you will do if it will happens to you??

Cuadrado

Went back to my home country, obtained the right visa and just arrived yesterday in Bangkok.

Booked using a chat application an apartment with a deposit of 2500 baht, but once here noone show up to pick me up as agreed.

What action I can take or what you will do if this happen to you?

As other members have already offered, write it off, ie. forget about the lost booking or scam and forget about any redress as well. The police won't lift a finger, more so if you can't give a name, contact or address.

As other members have offered, airbnb will give you plenty of options for a cheaper stay than a hotel while you find something more suitable. Even the regular hotel booking sites will probably find you somewhere cheaper if you go for 2-star digs.

• Like 1

The biggest thing I would do is try and learn from my mistake and not repeat it in the future. I have made a lot of mistakes in my travels and try to learn from them.

I try to acknowledge my mistake and move forward. You will not get a lot out of beating yourself up; rehashing the mistake or trying to get your money back. Accept your loss and find a place that fulfills your needs and I hope you have better luck in the rest of your time in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would have pulled out Agoda, check for hotels by the airport link line, book hotel last minute, go there, then proceed to demand the deposit back and stop making accommodation bookings via chats with strangers. There are much more reliable options to book a place, you know!

Imagine you got picked up by some serial killer and disposed of on the way to accommodation. So it could have been a lot worse.

Take it as a lesson and move on.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cuadrado said:

No: bank transfer.

Ah.  Sorry, my reading comprehension failed.  Had to re-read the original post.

You live here now (long term visa?) and have a Thai bank account which you used to transfer 2500 baht to some guy on the Facebooks?  Or maybe deposited cash into some guy's account either at a teller or ATM?

• Haha 1