Visa Agents in Pattaya.

Since we're on the topic of agencies, how likely is it that between the agency and Immigration, for a passport to go missing? I'm talking about legit and reputable agencies with good track records, not dodgy ones. Loss of the passport at such a juncture  would be a nightmare as the extension would per se be close to expiry.

33 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Since we're on the topic of agencies, how likely is it that between the agency and Immigration, for a passport to go missing? I'm talking about legit and reputable agencies with good track records, not dodgy ones. Loss of the passport at such a juncture  would be a nightmare as the extension would per se be close to expiry.

Renew 45 days or more in advance.

58 minutes ago, JackGats said:

That is a good question. Long established and honest agents have been known to mislay passports, and take weeks to find them. As you say, the stress involved should this occur is immense.

The level of risk is mainly determined by two factors: (i) the administrative systems in place by the agent; and (ii) the number of hands through which your passport passes. With established agents, the risks are reduced to almost nil if the agent does not send the passport to another province to process the visa/extension. That aside, there is at least one big agent who has advertised in this forum who does send passports up country for processing, but has excellent administrative procedures, and can be relied upon not to mess up.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, BritTim said:

...  With established agents, the risks are reduced to almost nil if the agent does not send the passport to another province to process the visa/extension. That aside, there is at least one big agent who has advertised in this forum who does send passports up country for processing, but has excellent administrative procedures, and can be relied upon not to mess up.

I see. Having my passport sent upcountry is not something I'd feel comfortable with. Foreign girls in TH have strong enough nerves to send their passport through DHL to some foreign country for visa renewal. 

From the peep I got into Immigration (before I ran for cover to my agent), mislaying of passports there is not unthinkable. Huge piles of passports and papers lying about. Do they close 10 minutes early on some days to organise a communal search for the week's missing passport(s)?

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

I see. Having my passport sent upcountry is not something I'd feel comfortable

I sympathise. Unless very confident about the professionalism of the agent, I would also be extremely reluctant. Always ask an agent where the visa/extension will be processed, and how long you are required to be without your passport.

6 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

What foreign girls send their passports to a foreign country?  Nobody does that - or rather they shouldn't do that as there is no system that requires you to do that.

Girls from Africa. They get say, a 3-month visa for Thailand. When that expires they can get a one-month extension. After that the only way to get another visa is in their home country. Instead they send their passport and someone takes care of the additional visa in their home country. That's about the sequence described to me.

I don't think it's legal to send your passport across borders. 

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

I think you are right.

What if they get an Immigration check whilst the passport is away?

I guess then the only way out to avoid jail is bribes. The whole visa thing gets supervised and helped along the way by the people who brought them to Thailand in the first place. I assume the latter know whom to pay off. But I've heard Thai Embassies in most countries can no longer issue visas on their own like they did 5 years ago. One African girl told me the other day she would apply for a student visa after her tourism visa runs out. Student visas seem to be the most abused visas in Thailand these days.

• Haha 1

Can Maneerat travel do 30 day extensions of a visa exemption? Or any other agent recommendations for that? 

Do I need to ask my hotel for a TM30? 

thanks

Edit: Maneerat said no on Line

Edited by jspill

9 minutes ago, jspill said:

Can Maneerat travel do 30 day extensions of a visa exemption? Or any other agent recommendations for that? 

Do I need to ask my hotel for a TM30? 

thanks

Yes they can.

TM30 is very easy for hotel to provide. Just a screenshot of the filing. 

Obviously you are located in Pattaya?

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes they can.

TM30 is very easy for hotel to provide. Just a screenshot of the filing. 

Obviously you are located in Pattaya?

Ok thanks. Yeah currently in a hotel here

Visa service pattaya have just quoted me 4500 on Line to do it, might do that as I saw the other thread saying the queue in the office is really long lately

8 minutes ago, jspill said:

Ok thanks. Yeah currently in a hotel here

Visa service pattaya have just quoted me 4500 on Line to do it, might do that as I saw the other thread saying the queue in the office is really long lately

For me it's a no brainer.

Especially given recent reports immigration office Pattaya being very busy.

Up country I would do it myself. 

4500b reasonable price .

Even better if they do pick up drop off pp.

• Thumbs Up 2